Moronic "supporters"

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Moronic "supporters"

Post by diamondgirl »

I know that others have mentioned this subject, on anotherthried, but I felt that it needed it's own debate.

I was totally bemused and embarassed by the moronic behaviour of some of our "supporters", at Bramall Lane, on Saturday. The idiotic, constant chant, aimed at Ched Evans, was nothing short of discussting. It had nothing to do with spuring on our own team and, more importantly, nothing to do with football. Another idiotic chant "Your grounds too big for you" What the hell does that mean...is it "Torquay, not a big draw cant be bothered to go" thats why the ground is half empty!! "You should have gone to Wednesday" another completly pointless chant. As for the taunting of an 11/12 year old boy, who was targeted because he supports Sheffield United rather Torquay United, well I was flabbergasted. Towards the end of the game the idiots actually stopped making a noise, but I heard one voice, of a lad aged maybe 12/13, and all he could shout out was "Sit down shut up". This raised a big cheer from "supporters" who obviously found it highly amusing. For goodness sake. It's not what I want to hear from the young people of Torquay.

This seems to be happening more and more at TUFC away games, of which I go to many. I remember, vividly, the abuse that John Solako received at the Southend(?) away game (Last season?). It was shameless and all because the man had dared to suggest that Torquay might be in a relegation battle, come the end of the season. We used to be a well liked club, but now I'm not so sure. When we left the ground on Sat. I actually took my hat and scarf of, as I was embarassed to show my colours. I did not want the Sheffield supporters thinking that I was part of that shambles that call themselves Torquay United supporters.

I know, once again, I will be castergated by some, for my comments, but I just had to say something as I have been seething all weekend.

Grow up you morons (you must know who you are) and stop bringing shame on the decent supporters and the good name of Torquay United Football Club.
Last edited by diamondgirl on 05 Dec 2011, 14:55, edited 2 times in total.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Here Here Christine.
Much as we tend to have a toungue in cheek go at your sprog. even he doesn't stoop to those levels. and besides your there to give him a slap if he does.
I am embarrased as well when I listen to these idiots. It sometimes ends up in mindless violence as others then get wound up and want to have a go back. Witness the scenes at Shrewsbury where a mindless minority of morons from The oppo wanted to have a go even to the extent of starting a fight with thier own supporters. One occasion where I was proud we didn't respond in kind.
There is no place for this behaviour and they should be brought up and named and shamed and if thier parents think it ok then they should also be named and shamed.
I have seen way to much of this at Rovers and it has spoilt my enjoyment of the game to the point I didn't want to go.
There. I feel better now I have got this rant over!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I will say i was not there but reading a few comments on the Sheff United game page i was quite disappointed to read a few off them comments.
I know everyone is up for a laugh and a good day, few little funny chats can be accepted on occasions, but instead of signing about the other team why not sing about our own side?
I do like singing the odd song aimed at the other side, if it makes sense and not taken too far.

We wont be the only club with fans who sing stupid songs and wont be the last.

I don’t even have a clue who sang the songs but i would be interested to know who. I not been to a game in a few weeks due to work commitments on a Saturday coming up to Christmas but i will be there Friday.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

What are these chants about Chad Evans? Why was he a target anyway?

Agree with the above - extremely childish, uneducated, cringe worthy and makes us seem like a tin-pot club.

Grow an IQ or keep your mouth shut would be my advise to those who chant these things.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Quite right diamond girl, it was disgraceful and glad that for those idiots Evans scored two.

The rapist chant was bad enough to start with and then adding "she said no evans, she said no" really got me pissed off and made a few cringe around us. Whilst they all sang and laughed.

Very brave of them whilst in a stand all alone, oddly enough at the services on the way back there were loads of Swansea coaches there and did these brave lads sing any anti-welsh songs or sheep related? No of course not, not that brave...

Grow up and give the team some proper support next time.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

chants at other players or demeaning the opposition are part and parcel of football, always has been always will be, its still about the only place that you can scream and shout without getting locked up.

just move away from them if you dont like it, at least they were making some noise, i'm normally a very mild mannered, law abiding citizen but at the match i can shout and swear along with the best of them, its a good release after a long day at work and i'd hate to see that diluted.

the ched evans incident is easily googleable, but i believe he was accused of some sort of sexual misconduct, they sang 'she said no evans, she said no' which, me and my gang of 40 somethings actually found quite amusing at the time, full of beer! if hes in the public eye then he needs to learn to behave himself, i never feel sorry for any celebs, be them a list, or further down the pecking order, if they misbehave then they get slammed for it, end of.

i dont know these kids that were chanting, and i imagine they probably are annoying little chavs, by the sound of it on the coach they certainly were, throwing sweets about etc! but at the end of the day football is all about the atmosphere, and at least they were singing tufc songs most of the time, mind you i was about as far away from them at the very far left of our end so probably missed their smaller misdemeanours
still keeping the faith
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I'm not condoning anything as I wasn't there but those chants mentioned are standard chants used by all clubs supporters. Basically I hate all football supporters apart from myself 90% (the other 10% I hate myself as well) of the time anyway so I just tend to accept that some actually genuinely find this repetitive crap funny.

I'm all for a bit of witty banter or tongue in cheek stuff but stuff like the aforementioned is truly just a waste of air. It's like Jody Banim, it adds nothing.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Our fans were singing a song about 'she said no' or something, Evans was accused of raping a girl i believe but don't know the outcome. I agree with diamondgirl about the chanting of a song like this - it is for morons and unacceptable. The chants about the ground being to big and why don't you go and see wednesday are all just classic banter and i've got no problem with it. Its not personal and not offending anybody directly. In terms of kids nowadays being brainless well its a sign of the times i'm afraid and has been a colossal problem brewing for the last 10 or so years. Generally, responsible parents who have morals and a sense of decency will consider all implications of having a child and they maybe will have one maybe two ( there are exceptions of course where responsible parents have more ), however, the drug addled layabouts who can't string a sentence together will have 4,5,6,7,8,9 kids - all being influenced by their parents. Do the maths and it soon becomes apparent that this country is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. 10 or so years from now we will be swamped by feral chavs to saturation point. I've been around Britain a lot and it doesn't matter if you live on a sink estate or in a small quaint yorkshire, cornish, kent village - they are there and ready to attack. They are absolutely everywhere and even if you buy a million pound home it doesn't matter, they will be there in your local village, small town hanging around abusing folk. Its just how it is.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Two footballers have appeared in court to deny raping a woman in a hotel in Wales.

Wales and Sheffield United striker Ched Evans, 22, from Penistone near Barnsley, appeared before Caernarfon Crown Court.

Port Vale defender Clayton McDonald, 22, from Crewe, also denied raping the woman at a Premier Inn in Rhuddlan near Rhyl.

Both men were remanded on bail. A trial has been listed for next March.

St Asaph-born Mr Evans made his Wales debut from the bench and scored the winner in the 1-0 friendly over Iceland in May 2008.

He came through the trainee ranks at Premier League side Manchester City before spending time on loan at Norwich City.

He was sold by Manchester City to Sheffield United in 2009 for £3m.

Mr McDonald is also a graduate of the Manchester City youth academy

Richinns. This is what the chants were about.It's ChEd Evans not ChAd Evans, by the way.

Don't actually like posting the above, on our forum page, but explains the situation. :no:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

One of the saddest things is that most of the obscene songs come from a group of teenagers / early 20's, but look again and you will see that amongst this group there are a few older fans whom should know better.

Several of these older fans turn up for the "big" matches and are some of the same ones who looked terrified at Bath City in the FA CUP a few years back when things looked like they would turn nasty, after they wound up the home supporters for an hour. I have never seen such "hard" men leave a match so soon after the final whistle. Unfortunately the younger fans (unaware that if things turn nasty they would be on their own) look up to these few and follow their "leaders".

There were too many who had drunk too much.

I suppose it is up to the rest of us to report these supporters to the stewards and police and "encourage" them to behave themselves....or just wait until they sign too agressively , too loudly and pay the price...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

diamondgirl wrote:I know that others have mebtioned this subject, on another post, but I felt that it needed it's own debate.

I was totally bemused and embarassed by the moronic behaviour of some of our "supporters", at Bramall Lane, on Saturday. The idiotic, constant chant, aimed at Ched Evans, was nothing short of discussting. It had nothing to do with spuring on our own team and, more importantly, nothing to do with football. Another idiotic chant "Your grounds too big for you" What the hell does that mean...is it "Torquay, not a big draw cant be bothered to go" thats why the ground is half empty!! "You should have gone to Wednesday" another completly pointless chant. As for the taunting of an 11/12 year old boy, who was targeted because he supports Sheffield United rather Torquay United, well I was flabbergasted. Towards the end of the game the idiots actually stopped making a noise, but I heard one voice, of a lad aged maybe 12/13, and all he could shout out was "Sit down shut up". This raised a big cheer from "supporters" who obviously found it highly amusing. For goodness sake. It's not what I want to hear from the young people of Torquay.

This seems to be happening more and more at TUFC away games, of which I go to many. I remember, vividly, the abuse that John Solako received at the Southend(?) away game (Last season?). It was shameless and all because the man had dared to suggest that Torquay might be in a relegation battle, come the end of the season. We used to be a well liked club, but now I'm not so sure. When we left the ground on Sat. I actually took my hat and scarf of, as I was embarassed to show my colours. I did not want the Sheffield supporters thinking that I was part of that shambles that call themselves Torquay United supporters.

I know, once again, I will be castergated by some, for my comments, but I just had to say something as I have been seething all weekend.

Grow up you morons (you must know who you are) and stop bringing shame on the decent supporters and the good name of Torquay United Football Club.
1) I agree that the Ched Evans chant was sung far too often. There should of been more chants backing the team in a game where we really needed to.

2) The "Your grounds too big for you" chant was only sang before the game which is harmless really we sing it at most grounds just for a laugh. As for the Wednesday chant its the banter side of things really. It was only sang once so again just harmless really.

3) I assume your refering to the one persistantly waving and doing the "easy" chant consistantly for 20 Minites? It didnt bother me because I was watching the game rather than there fans no idea why they were getting so frustrated with him though if they concentrated on the game they wouldnt have to watch it. But I agree with you on that point though it wasnt to do with the fact he surproted Sheffield it was his actions for the last twenty minites which annoyed two or three people near me. No need for the over reaction but I guess abit of frustration after two quick goals against us.

4) Yeah it was the Southend game where some had ago at Salako becuase of his prediction. Which I agree with you was uncalled for as it was his opinion doesnt really mean anything.

I know these lads well and I usually stand with most of them at games the majority are young and seem to get carried away sometimes. If you spoke to them at anytime there all good lads you have a chat with and no trouble whatsoever. Infact it was them thet sorted the signed shirt which is now laid in Garry Speeds memorial section at Brammall Lane in the Car Park.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think the saving grace for a lot of these louts is that most clubs would associate Torquay with genteel fans and not really bother picking fights with any of us as we haven't got a 'hooligan element' as such. I've been in some real scrapes when i used to go and watch Hull City in the 90's and i reckon some of our 'boys' would never go to a game again after witnessing these travails! Just to clear the air i was never directly involved in any criminal activity or mindless violence and i never have, nor would say that i have ever been a hooligan or disrespected other fans so much that they wanted to cave my face in - or to kidnap me and force me to watch this years Christmas telly offerings!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

You do realise that none of these are actually louts? They dont go looking for trouble. As I said if you spoke to any of them in the Pub before the game or even during the game (in a normal way not a way where your having a go at them) you'd realise there all good lads just they sometimes get carried away with there chants.

If they were trouble makers I wouldnt be anywhere near them. I'm sure the others on here that know them will back me up on this aswell.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

There are enough clubs, even at league 2 levels, where our "Asbo's" could be in trouble. Crawley, Oxford, Swindon, Hereford all spring to mind immediately.
If they carry on getting cockier and cockier at every match then I fear there could be some trouble at matches this season.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Pretty sure the TTS (Torquay Terror Squad) could handle them all to be honest. If Paul Bastard's yellow carrier bag complete with packed lunch doesn't get them then Barlow's drum stick will.