Moronic "supporters"

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I did see Paul get told off by a steward for threatening the lino at York City once....he was chasing him down near the corner flag with a blackcurrent yogurt in one hand and a silver spoon in the other!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

MidDevon wrote:I did see Paul get told off by a steward for threatening the lino at York City once....he was chasing him down near the corner flag with a blackcurrent yogurt in one hand and a silver spoon in the other!
Hahahaha brilliant, he's a total legend. My favourite PB moments were either at Wycombe last season on a Tuesday night and it was baltic, he turned up in his shorts to which the stewards were all just laughing shaking their heads. If you can find the BBC highlights, PB's goal celebrations for goals 2 and 3 literally made me cry with laughter. First bouncing around like Zebedee and then joining in with a celeb by running behind the goal, superb. Or at Northampton when the trusty shorts had gone so we asked him what happened to the shorts? 'lost them at Accrington' LOL as you do.

Of course the famous Newport story is just superb, spending the night kipping on the physio's table having been locked in going for a piss - King amongst men.

When I said I hate all football fans, I actually hate 99% because every club has a PB and you can't help but love him.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

AlexGulls wrote:You do realise that none of these are actually louts? They dont go looking for trouble. As I said if you spoke to any of them in the Pub before the game or even during the game (in a normal way not a way where your having a go at them) you'd realise there all good lads just they sometimes get carried away with there chants.

If they were trouble makers I wouldnt be anywhere near them. I'm sure the others on here that know them will back me up on this aswell.
Thats fair enough AlexGulls, we've all done things we shouldn't, said something we shouldn't in the heat of a moment or got too carried away and thats fine. So long as , as individuals you can take any consequences that come your way as a result, ie castigation by your fellow supporters, ejection from the ground, criminal recorde possibly, banning order or getting knocked about by one of their own fans or opponents fans for being an arse. No one is whiter than white and i have done or said things at games in the past ( never drunk as i don't drink before games ) where i've thought i shouldn't have done or said it but its then too late. I'm being harsh saying they are louts as i don't know them - its just the way they behave gives that perception to others understandably.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Ok. I agree that the thing that most upset/annoyed me was the Ched Evans chant. It was not called for...drunk kids or not. I MAY have gone a little OTT with complaining about the other chants, "Your ground" etc but I would still rather we were bestowing the virtues of our own team, rather than picking a fight with the opposition fans. 8/

All credit to the "lads" for arranging the signed shirt for the Gary Speed memorial "wall" but that still does not excuse their behavior at the match. "It's ok to punch you in the face, as long as I say sorry afterwards" I don't think so. You can't do a good deed with the left hand and then take it back with the right.

Anyway, there is a nice jesture on the OS. The board have received a communication, from Sheffield United, thanking TUFC for their support during the appreciation for Gary Speed. Well done to all who were very respectful of the situation, including our subs who stopped their warm up to watch the screen.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

austrianandygull wrote: Thats fair enough AlexGulls, we've all done things we shouldn't, said something we shouldn't in the heat of a moment or got too carried away and thats fine. So long as , as individuals you can take any consequences that come your way as a result, ie castigation by your fellow supporters, ejection from the ground, criminal recorde possibly, banning order or getting knocked about by one of their own fans or opponents fans for being an arse. No one is whiter than white and i have done or said things at games in the past ( never drunk as i don't drink before games ) where i've thought i shouldn't have done or said it but its then too late. I'm being harsh saying they are louts as i don't know them - its just the way they behave gives that perception to others understandably.

100% correct austrian.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Aye. But in this case I think its abit unfair (bar the few getting angry at the young lad in the home end waving which wasnt all of them)

As Bixie said people in the Public eye like Evans was are always going to get stick which they have to put up with for getting themselfs in that situation...However I do feel it was sung more than it should of been. And the rest of it was banter which even you said yourself is just part of football and what most enjoy. Other than the over reaction to the young lad in the home end which was only two of them theyve not done anything wrong...I think some people are being harsh on them just because they are young and enjoy a laugh...Like I said earlier they were the ones that put the Torquay shirt on the Gary Speed memorial in the car park. There certainly not as bad as people make them out to be. I suggest you try talking to them and get to know them rather than just assume there something they arent.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Fair enough AlexGulls, i can understand you defending your mates and thats normal. I've said what i wanted to say and i'll leave it at that. Cheers for the debate though, and to diamongirl for the thread which certainly has got a lot of us talking.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

AlexGulls wrote:Aye. But in this case I think its abit unfair (bar the few getting angry at the young lad in the home end waving which wasnt all of them)

As Bixie said people in the Public eye like Evans was are always going to get stick which they have to put up with for getting themselfs in that situation...However I do feel it was sung more than it should of been. And the rest of it was banter which even you said yourself is just part of football and what most enjoy. Other than the over reaction to the young lad in the home end which was only two of them theyve not done anything wrong...I think some people are being harsh on them just because they are young and enjoy a laugh...Like I said earlier they were the ones that put the Torquay shirt on the Gary Speed memorial in the car park. There certainly not as bad as people make them out to be. I suggest you try talking to them and get to know them rather than just assume there something they arent.
As for being a "Bit unfair" to a few of our lads, are they not doing the same to Ched Evans? The case has not come to trial yet, so NOTHING has been proven. If he is found to be innocent, will the "Unfairly treated" lads go and apologise for their, in my opinion, unacceptable behaviour? Me thinks not.

Lads? Bixie admits to being "40 something" and finding the chant "amusing". No disrespect, Bixie, but hardly "A lad". :O
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I have been supporting the Gulls for 5 or 6 years now and always wondered who the elderly eccentric bloke was who always comes toaway games in his shorts , football socks and bobble hat. Is it the Paul you were referring to earlier on this thread? Could someone just enlighten me on who he is and the story behind the bloke if poss. thanks all.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

royalgull wrote: Hahahaha brilliant, he's a total legend. My favourite PB moments were either at Wycombe last season on a Tuesday night and it was baltic, he turned up in his shorts to which the stewards were all just laughing shaking their heads. If you can find the BBC highlights, PB's goal celebrations for goals 2 and 3 literally made me cry with laughter. First bouncing around like Zebedee and then joining in with a celeb by running behind the goal, superb. Or at Northampton when the trusty shorts had gone so we asked him what happened to the shorts? 'lost them at Accrington' LOL as you do.

Of course the famous Newport story is just superb, spending the night kipping on the physio's table having been locked in going for a piss - King amongst men.

When I said I hate all football fans, I actually hate 99% because every club has a PB and you can't help but love him.
Not quite sure why this post is on this thread, but hey ho lets lighten the mood.

I was at Newports ground, with Paul, the day he got locked in. He actually walked out of the ground, with us, and then decided that he needed to go back inside for a "Call of nature" That's how come he got locked in. Paul does not carry a mobile phone (Although I do believe he does now have a "work" mobile) so was unable to contact the outside world. Apparantly, it was only because thaey had a athletic meeting at the ground on the Sunday, that he was "released" as early as he was. All thing being equal he might have still been there on the following Sat. assuming that Newport were at home that week!!!

I, also remember, (Last season?) when we were at Cheltenham. He was picked up on CCTV tucking into his half time lunch/dinner. The stewards were sent over to relieve him of his PLASTIC knife and fork. I was speaking to a steward this year when we played Cheltenham in the paint pot trophy. He asked me if the "Guy with the knife and fork" was coming to the game. Steward said that he remembered the previous incident very well. When I quizzed him about taking away a plastic K&F he said that on the CCTV they were unable to tell that it was plastic, so had to send the troops over. Better to be "Safe than sorry" they said.!!

I remember, as well, a couple of years ago. He turned up really late at an away game. (Half time and I think it was Stockport). When I asked him why he was so late he explained that there had been a "Jumper" on one of the motorway bridges. His car was the first to be stopped, by the police. He was most put out that the person spent ages debating whether or not to jump, only to finally be talked down. Wasn't upset that the jumper didn't carry out his threat, just that he took so long to decide, thus rendering Paul an impossible task of getting to the match on time. Priceless.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by NewtonGull »

Good old happy friendly torquay united fans. Lets make the opposition feel welcome when they come to Plainmoor and let's sit down and be silent and respectfull at away games. Oh and while I'm here, you fans who are trying to create an atmosphere and trying to make opposition players and fans feel a bit uncomfortable when we play them... shame on you.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

austrianandygull wrote:I have been supporting the Gulls for 5 or 6 years now and always wondered who the elderly eccentric bloke was who always comes toaway games in his shorts , football socks and bobble hat. Is it the Paul you were referring to earlier on this thread? Could someone just enlighten me on who he is and the story behind the bloke if poss. thanks all.
Yes Austrian. Thats our Paul B a s t a r d. (Or" Where's Wally" as he has been referred to by non Torquay supporters) He has supported TUFC for many years. He is local, and his Mum, who still lives in the Babbacombe (I believe) area of Torquay, sometimes comes with him to home games (She's lovely). All of the players know and respect him for his dedication and passion for all things TUFC. He attended Torquay boys Grammar school, and one of the guys that I travel to away games with tells me that Paul, even then, was consumed by TUFC. He was apparantly, always compiling stats.

He actually lives in the Manchester area now. He is the chief wine buyer for the Co-Op group of supermarkets. He is a great guy and his passion for Torquay is there for all to see.

As the saying goes "Never judge a book by it's cover" Paul is an inteligent, inoffensive man and it's an experience spending time with him at a Torquay United football match...home or away. :-D
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

diamondgirl wrote:
Lads? Bixie admits to being "40 something" and finding the chant "amusing". No disrespect, Bixie, but hardly "A lad". :O
i dont think i mention being a lad in my post at all dg, but i'm not sure when, if ever, i'm gonna consider myself a man!! certainly not ready to grow up yet!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

diamondgirl wrote:
Yes Austrian. Thats our Paul B a s t a r d.

Cheers diamondgirl . I know that loads of you are gonna be laughing me after this next question but i'll ask it anyway. IS that his real name? It can't be surely and its just a nickname you use for him right?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yes its his real name, assume its pronounced bus-tarred, top man, and always there, for me his finest moment was at stockport last season, when despite it being his closest match he arrived 35 mins late and came legging it down the front of the terrace to a massive cheers from the gulls!

he's often seen with his yellow lunch box resting on the railings eating a salad with a knife and fork!
still keeping the faith