Moronic "supporters"

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gazza,

I'm up for singing, chanting etc etc - but people ARE bothered about what songs are sung - don't forget YOU are representing Torquay fans when you are chanting....that's why people are bothered!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

look i don't want to fall out with any of our fans .. i'm sure most of you know me from games and yeah i get annoyed when we have no atmosphere at games or when we're not playing well and nobody sings .. so i try to lift everybody, any 'offensive' songs are not meant to cause rifts in our support but is meant to put the other team off, especially when a giant killing is on the cards!! which it was for a good hour or so on Saturday! however we don't sing about Rape, Death or Illness usually do we? it was just a way of trying to get one over on the VERY disappointing Sheffield United fans .. who sung Gary Speed's name for all of one minute all game .. and didn't muster up any energy for their team after being one nil down, I myself do not no who started the chant, but i joined in because i thought it was quite clever, not because i don't think Rape isn't serious! just purely because we made more noise singing that than we did our own songs.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Gazzableedsgull wrote:look i don't want to fall out with any of our fans .. i'm sure most of you know me from games and yeah i get annoyed when we have no atmosphere at games or when we're not playing well and nobody sings .. so i try to lift everybody, any 'offensive' songs are not meant to cause rifts in our support but is meant to put the other team off, especially when a giant killing is on the cards!! which it was for a good hour or so on Saturday! however we don't sing about Rape, Death or Illness usually do we? it was just a way of trying to get one over on the VERY disappointing Sheffield United fans .. who sung Gary Speed's name for all of one minute all game .. and didn't muster up any energy for their team after being one nil down, I myself do not no who started the chant, but i joined in because i thought it was quite clever, not because i don't think Rape isn't serious! just purely because we made more noise singing that than we did our own songs.
You don't sing about it usually? You shouldn't sing about it at all. And if you think that the chant was clever it doesn't say much for you. For me personally, it cannot be justified.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Gazza, you're outvoted on this one, but at least your heart's in the right place.

Perhaps, after considering all that's been said, it's time to focus on the Barnet game..
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

Kernowgull wrote: I think you've just justified why people are calling you a moron. There were a lot of people sat with me just in front of the singing section, who were joining in with all the yellow army and Torquay related songs. In the second half, I spent a good ten minutes with another lad behind me trying to keep yellow army going everytime it went a little quiet. However, I was put off joining in as soon as I heard the subject matter and was quite embarrased by it. Who knows if there was anyone there who had been subject to either rape themselves or been falsely accused, which for all we know, Evans has been. If he hasn't been, he will be punished, but all that singing songs about him is going to achieve is to put a bee in his bonnet and inspire him to work harder. Oh look, he scored twice in the second half. Great work!
at the end of the day you could of put Martin Rice in front of goal with the chances that Evans had and he would of scored so don't blame that on us. Why have you made it personal by saying it's been justified of me being called a moron?? was it just me? no .. i appreciate your opinion however i pay good money, i travel further than most .. on my own as well to support us so don't call me a moron for singing something you don't like!
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

HRG wrote: You don't sing about it usually? You shouldn't sing about it at all. And if you think that the chant was clever it doesn't say much for you. For me personally, it cannot be justified.
did you not read the part after i said it was clever?
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Oh dear! Gazza, do you really not understand any of the points and criticisms made on this thread? You may be a committed Gulls supporter, but you will do yourself no credit, and other Torquay supporters no favours, by attempting to justify songs or behaviour which the rest of us find unacceptable.
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee

Post by popsider »

diamondgirl wrote: As for being a "Bit unfair" to a few of our lads, are they not doing the same to Ched Evans? The case has not come to trial yet, so NOTHING has been proven. If he is found to be innocent, will the "Unfairly treated" lads go and apologise for their, in my opinion, unacceptable behaviour? Me thinks not.
Thats a stupid analogy, If your child minder was accused of pedophilia, or sexual assault you would leave your child in his/her care because "The case has not come to trial yet, so NOTHING has been proven."

No. I didn't think so.

I know quite a lot of these lads that you're talking about, I used to get to every home game last year and after spending so long with them, I can tell you that you wouldn't meet a nicer set of a lads anywhere else. Yeah for sure they sometimes get over enthusiastic but you have to say that the concoction of beer, passion and too a certain extent showing off to their peers, these sort of things are inevitable.

I've not been able to get to any games this season, But I see there is still the same problem with the majority of older fans acting like mums/dads/grandads to the other kids, Just let them get on with it. If it's not effecting you, who are you to moan?
Torquay United. Today, Tomorrow, forever.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Gazzableedsgull wrote: at the end of the day you could of put Martin Rice in front of goal with the chances that Evans had and he would of scored so don't blame that on us. Why have you made it personal by saying it's been justified of me being called a moron?? was it just me? no .. i appreciate your opinion however i pay good money, i travel further than most .. on my own as well to support us so don't call me a moron for singing something you don't like!
If it was just me who didn't like it, I would say I was over-reacting, however, its not. If you had come on here and said, "fair play, it was wrong" I would have put it down as a mistake and hoped you'd learn from it. But trying to defend it makes you look like a moron.

I also travelled a long way, on my own, and spent a lot of money. But thats hardly relevant. It doesn't matter if you go to every game home and away for 30 years, or attend one match a season, if you think its acceptable to sing songs like that and can try and justify it afterwards, when an overwhelming number of people are telling you its wrong, there is no point arguing with someone like you.

Oh, and Martin Rice might have scored, but he would not of scored!!
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

Gullscorer wrote:Oh dear! Gazza, do you really not understand any of the points and criticisms made on this thread? You may be a committed Gulls supporter, but you will do yourself no credit, and other Torquay supporters no favours, by attempting to justify songs or behaviour which the rest of us find unacceptable.
yes i do as it happens, i realise it was offensive to most of you and apologise to anybody who deemed it unacceptable however i make the point that it was a one off insult to Ched Evans and if it does come out that he did that to someone then how many of you will think differently?
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Fair play to you Gazza, apology accepted.

Just one thing: the judge always waits for the jury's verdict before sentencing.. and the national press knows to its cost the consequences of pre-judging and hounding the innocent before proven guilty..
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

its not that i dont agree with you, i do i really do however too many times we get slated on here for something that's been said or done during a game, give us a break! if we are really that bad then i'm sure the club would have something to say about it. I'm sticking up for us not because i think i'm right and you're wrong but because i think too many things get taken out of context when discussed or debated on here.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

OK Gazza, I see where you're coming from.

Let's now focus on the Barnet game; I'll try to sing along too..
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

totally agree, not looking forward to journey down but i think we have to take 3 points on Friday as we never win away at Accrington and we have 3 massive games after Christmas day .. hopefully we keep McLeod at bay.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Gazzableedsgull wrote: did you not read the part after i said it was clever?
Yes I did.
If he is found guilty, I will not feel differently. I won't think 'blimey, I wish more people had joined in now'. It doesn't work both ways. If someone is found guilty of a crime, but treated as innocent until convicted, then they will be punished. If someone is found innocent, but accused and tormented up to that point, then that can never be forgotten and never taken back.

That's me done. Gullscorer is right, must think of Friday. Plus I've had a mince pie so all is well with the world once more. :)