Torquay.v.Dagenham Tue. 24/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

Rene Howe is going to be physically fit, its not like he was injured, he still trained with the lads. I just think against poor teams with Howes movement and the confidence we have we could score loads then, if as has been mentioned which i dont believe will be a problem, rene is blowing then bring on tai. I think we should start every game with our best possible team. An example for playing tai is like liverpool starting with carrol up front alone with suarez on the bench, just wouldnt be done. I thank tai for his effort and goal, just dont think he should retain his place.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

forevertufc wrote:As far as taking this game lightly , I totaly agree with Brucie, A-Andy and Gullscorer, rest assured I can not see Martin Ling , Taylor or even captain Mansell letting any of our players underestimate the Daggers, and with our full support , can only see a win here.

As for the team set up , dont try and fix what is not broken, keep doing what got you 13 points from 15 in the first place, agreed Howe is the better option up front, however still no need to rush Howe into 90 mins, start Atieno give Howe the last 25 mins , get Howe fit and flying for Feb, when the team are really going to need him.

I completely agree with this.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Of course we must not take these games any less seriously than we take any other game, but these next two games are against desperately poor opposition and we need to approach them in a positive, pressurising manner. If we assert ourselves early on, open then up with some passing moves and generally stamp our authority on the match early on, it will put both Dagenham and AC in their place.
We have no right to beat these teams, but if we can make them believe we do, then we will.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

This is a massive game for us. On paper there is only one winner but they were in League 1 last year and do have some dangerous players so Ling and the boys can't take them lightly, I'm sure they won't.

But this is our game in hand, although Gillingham also have one they aren't playing tomorrow so a win for us puts us 6 points in front of them in 8th place. That's a very nice 2 game buffer at this stage of the season, then with another home game on the Saturday we have a real opportunity to cement ourselves in the top 7 places, incredible.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

It is incredible, royal. Not many (if any) of us on here thought we'd have a chance to break the 50 point mark by the end of January, yet here we are with a great chance. Lets just hope the lads can keep doing the business on the pitch!
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

i dont think it will work playing Taiwo with Rene upfront together ..trust me ...think they have thier own individual strengths and thier "characters" may not blend well together....

I am cautious of Daggenham as i remember last year went we played lowly Hereford who were propping up the league and we were looking good...all were expecting a good old arse whipping by us...sadly it was us who ended up with red arses...

I will be there tomorow and i am bringing up aN Argyle fan and he said he will be making lots of noise too....he predicts 5-0 to Torquay...i was more modest at 3-1

C'mon you yellows :scarf:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

And for a thought at a similar time of the season back in 2004 http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Leagu ... 24,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; We could (potentially) beat that points total we had that season and the table above looks similar to that year we got promoted aswell...

Expecting a tough game on Tuesday though we need to keep this form up as we have some tough games ahead in the next month or so.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

looking at some of those teams....it ranged from now Premiership Swanse to very lowly Boston....how fortunes changes....good find Alexgull !!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just a team news update, it would appear that Dagenham have lost Woodhall and Green from Saturdays line up , and Nurse is a major doubt.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh yeah, that's just what Dagenham need, to lose some players...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I find it ridiculous just how careless they have been with their players. How can they just lose players like that? If I misplace something, I backtrack my footsteps and find it.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Quite so.
Delighted that our 12th man Ogogo (og) has not gone missing :)
COYY
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Oop's , yes , I see, maybe using the word "lost" was not my best idea , where did my English teacher go :lol:

To be honest was not sure whether they are injured , suspended, or returned loanees just no there out of the match tonight according to the daggers forum.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SDYellow wrote:Rene Howe is going to be physically fit, its not like he was injured, he still trained with the lads. I just think against poor teams with Howes movement and the confidence we have we could score loads then, if as has been mentioned which i dont believe will be a problem, rene is blowing then bring on tai. I think we should start every game with our best possible team. An example for playing tai is like liverpool starting with carrol up front alone with suarez on the bench, just wouldnt be done. I thank tai for his effort and goal, just dont think he should retain his place.

Common sense and 100% correct (IMO) SDYellow.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I don't like to get over confident about these games. It is a match we should win when looking at the table, but Dagenham have everything to play for. I'd like to think that Ling, being the down to earth kind of chap that he appears to be, won't let the boys get carried away with our current position or become complacent about Dagenham's position in the table.

So, yep it's certainly winnable, we should win, but I'm not going to take it as a given.

I'm going to have to buy a cushion for this fence you know. It's bloomin' uncomfortable.