Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Been on strike today, lost a days pay but when in a union the majority vote rules.
Except quite a few of my work colleagues (they are no longer mates, they are scabs) worked, a couple of them because they voted no, didnt get their way so wouldn't support it. One even blamed the credit crunch and thus the poor economic climate on MY generation! :slap:
A 23 year old with his own 4 credit cards, a car and flat with absolutely NOTHING inside it that is
a) second hand
b) fully paid for
When I pointed out (and one of my colleagues pointed out a similar story also) that I owe no one anything, saved up for EVERYTHING except my car (bank loan) and house, had a second hand settee, telly, cooker and bed in our first house and have only ever used a credit card once then cut it up he didnt believe us.
What a dick. :red: :slap:

Now, today on the news David Cameron has called the strike 'a damp squib' then later Theresa May was slating strikers for disrupting the country costing £millions. So which one is it? Proof if ever needed that the fookin Tories couldn't run a piss up. Two very senior ministers stating the exact opposite on the same day. >:( >:( >:(
I would like to put one piece of propaganda to bed for you all. There is a myth that public sector pensions are 'gilt edged'. Well, if I make it to 66yrs & 7 months I will get, after 24 years less than 5k a year, and that by then is likely to be offset against any state pension if indeed it exists at all by then!
Fact is, our scheme is so poor I along with most of my colleagues have either left it or in my case am about to. And Cameron and his multi millionaire shitbags non of whom these proposed changes will affect in the slightest want us to pay in more for longer to receive less! :@ :@ :@

(Makes my blood boil)
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Been on strike today, lost a days pay but when in a union the majority vote rules.
Except quite a few of my work colleagues (they are no longer mates, they are scabs) worked, a couple of them because they voted no, didnt get their way so wouldn't support it. One even blamed the credit crunch and thus the poor economic climate on MY generation! :slap:
A 23 year old with his own 4 credit cards, a car and flat with absolutely NOTHING inside it that is
a) second hand
b) fully paid for
When I pointed out (and one of my colleagues pointed out a similar story also) that I owe no one anything, saved up for EVERYTHING except my car (bank loan) and house, had a second hand settee, telly, cooker and bed in our first house and have only ever used a credit card once then cut it up he didnt believe us.
What a dick. :red: :slap:

Now, today on the news David Cameron has called the strike 'a damp squib' then later Theresa May was slating strikers for disrupting the country costing £millions. So which one is it? Proof if ever needed that the fookin Tories couldn't run a piss up. Two very senior ministers stating the exact opposite on the same day. >:( >:( >:(
I would like to put one piece of propaganda to bed for you all. There is a myth that public sector pensions are 'gilt edged'. Well, if I make it to 66yrs & 7 months I will get, after 24 years less than 5k a year, and that by then is likely to be offset against any state pension if indeed it exists at all by then!
Fact is, our scheme is so poor I along with most of my colleagues have either left it or in my case am about to. And Cameron and his multi millionaire shitbags non of whom these proposed changes will affect in the slightest want us to pay in more for longer to receive less! :@ :@ :@

(Makes my blood boil)
Nowts changed I just wanted to highlight this again! :slap:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Money Changers, Bankers and fractional reserve banking. :@ :@ :@
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

It's a rant today agains't stupid mothers (almost exclusively young).

Mrs Beard and daughter No2 went shopping to town. In Boots was a woman aged about 20-ish with her daughter aged around 3-ish. The little girl was screaming in fear of having her ears pierced, and despite protestations mum insisted they were done. After the first one was done during which she screamed the shop walls down, she had to be pinned down to do the second!

Four questions-
1. Why do some (thicko's or chavs usually IMHO) people use their kids as fashion accessories? They're not, they're your children! :@
2. What has happened to child cruelty laws in this country? :@ :@
3. Why isn't there a law in place for a minimum age to have ANY piercings? (Or mutilations, for that is what they are) :@ :@ :@
4. Why did the lady in Boots not refuse to do the childs ears in the first place? :@ :@ :@ :@

Both my girls had to wait until their teens to have theirs done despite them being pressured by their peers. Its called responsible parenting. Once they had thought about it and said they would like to they had them done. :)

(On a slightly different note but similar theme none of the tribe have tattoos either, despite virtully everyone in the country now thinking its compulsory! :no: [although The 'Tash is considering having one done 'Cos he plays Rugby League'] May be an old fashioned attitude but when I was younger they were only worn by soldiers, sailors, gangsters and slappers! :-/ My point in mentioning this is a girl at the school where I work had her THIRD one done, paid for by Dad when mum refused FOR HER FOURTEENTH BIRTHDAY!!! I kid you not.) :no: :no: :no:
Not right and never will be. :red:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Sad, isn't Emet ? :(

Agree about the tattoos, especially on females.

One each side on the very tender "hanger doors" however is something else. Usually only seen by real flyboys about to enter the cockpit. :devil:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Been to pub tonight and something reminded me of a pet hate.
A bloke came into the bog (gents to you southern gentile folk), went into trap one (the toilet) and proceded to piss all over the seat despite there being ample room at the urinal. Why do young uns do that? Are they embarrassed by their tiny tackle? If so hiding in one of the traps isnt helping as we know you are hiding because you are hung like an anglers roach bait so bite the bullet and stand alongside the rest of us, just in case anyone needs trap one for a number two.
Thankyou! :slap:
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

^ I am guitly of this Emet (don't hurt me). I'm sure there is an unwritten rule that if someone is at the urinal and there is a "trap one" free then you must use it. I don't pee on the seat though!

Your rants do make me laugh!
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'm guilty too Emet. Although i show some decorum by not wetting the seat. I CANNOT stand next to another bloke at the urinals - it just won't come out otherwise and then i find myself straining just to trickle a bit out so the bloke next to me doesn,t think i've only gone in there to peruse a selection of penii! If there is a 'trap' free ( if you will excuse the greyhound racing analogy ) then i'll use it. In addition to bizarre toilet habits - if i go in for a number 2 i have to wipe the seat thoroughly with toilet paper before planting my pristine arse on the seat. I haven't got germs but many people have!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

As a youngster I would marvel at the old blokes in pub bog, leaning with one arm against the wall, using the reverse hand over grip :O and farting proudly...
How time flies... soon be my turn to show such leadership! :-D
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:As a youngster I would marvel at the old blokes in pub bog, leaning with one arm against the wall, using the reverse hand over grip :O and farting proudly...
How time flies... soon be my turn to show such leadership! :-D
Have we met and taken a piss in the same bog at sometime? :-o
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

If another person rings me up about mis-sold PPI then i'll find them and do stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

austrianandygull wrote:If another person rings me up about mis-sold PPI then i'll find them and do stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Register with TPS for free... http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatistps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No more calls.
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Done.
Dave

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Louis wrote: Register with TPS for free... http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatistps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No more calls.

Cheers Louis, i'll give it a go. :-D
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I've registered with the TPI before, it doesn't work. May do for a short period but eventually the calls start again. It certainly doesn't work with foreign call centres as they aren't governed by UK law.
Gits!