cheltenham town v torquay united - 14/2/2012

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, they have not suddenly become a bad side, they are not top for nothing, I right now would take a draw aswell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

What's our longest winning streak?

just out of interest...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

happytorq wrote:What's our longest winning streak?

just out of interest...
8 wins in 1997/98 when we had Jason Roberts and Rodney Jack rampaging away up front :keepie:

That run took us to the top of the table but Roberts got recalled by Wolves and was immediately loaned out to Bristol City, we then only won 1 of our last 8 games and slipped into the play-offs, where we lost in the final at Wembley to Colchester United courtesy of a very dodgy penalty! :@
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

It wasn't dodgy, it was a stone waller, John Gittens making a very silly challenge if I remember correctly. Was a pretty dire game, even the winning penalty was scuffed into the corner.

Back to matters at hand, I'm veering wildly between pessimism and optimism - since it's only my second game of the season I'm fearing the team have saved up a crap performance for me, but the consistancy of recent performances and results lets me hope for great things. Since I'm never right I'll eliminate the possibility of a bore draw and predict 0-0.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Bigman wrote:It wasn't dodgy, it was a stone waller, John Gittens making a very silly challenge if I remember correctly. Was a pretty dire game, even the winning penalty was scuffed into the corner.

Back to matters at hand, I'm veering wildly between pessimism and optimism - since it's only my second game of the season I'm fearing the team have saved up a crap performance for me, but the consistancy of recent performances and results lets me hope for great things. Since I'm never right I'll eliminate the possibility of a bore draw and predict 0-0.
You don't it was a clearly accidental handball by Gittens with the ball heading away from goal. It was scuffed in the corner though.

Tonight? 3-1 away win. =D
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

The better half is at work, I got out of work early and am currently at strensham services. Not seen a game since Macclesfield and am hoping for a good performance.

Would definitely take a draw. When we were in our rut of poor form, I commented that I saw Cheltenham as where we would have been with a bit of continuity in the summer. A solid side, organised with a couple of talented players pulling the strings (I'd be comparing Marlon Pack to Eunan O'Kane there mainly). Full credit must go to Ling for getting us up there from that situation and making the continuity thing not an issue.

By all accounts Cheltenham are this years Stevenage - big, strong, direct and effective with it. Normally we struggle with that kind of approach, so this ain't going to be easy despite some shaky form of late for them. They won't want to play us, but they were top up until yesterday and will want to get back there do we won't want to be getting all cocky.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Judging purely from what they're wearing, Tai starts, Rene doesn't.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Never thought I'd say this but good decision to choose Tai over Rene. Am absolutely gutted not to be there tonight, my dad is though so there's another voice!

Happily take a point though 3 would be excellent (though it would make me feel even more gutted that I've missed it!)

Come on you yellowsssssss!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Robert Olejnik

Joe Oastler
Brian Saah
Mark Ellis
Kevin Nicholson

Damon Lathrope
Ian Morris
Lee Mansell
Eunan O'Kane

Danny Stevens

Taiwo Atieno

subs
Rene Howe
Martin Rice
Chris McPhee
Lathanial Rowe-Turner
Angus MacDonald

so unchanged from saturday and still no place for nathan craig on the bench?
still keeping the faith
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

good evening,expecting a cracker tonight,bring them points back home boys,COME ON YOU YELLOWS :~ :bow:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

hello mate, no cider tonight?? home brew, any good? just squash the apples and leave them, is that the method??

good noise from the away end, hopefully be 400 or so there tonight?

gonna go 1-2 away win
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Evening all, Nathan Craig wont be on the bench, Lingy said he was here to earn a contract rather than play in the first team.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

barnsley behind, bastards!!
still keeping the faith
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

hi bix,yeah homemade cider,EVILNESS PERSONIFIED ha ha,not tonight matey,dont drink on a work night :'( :'( COYY
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

couple half chances for us, sounds a decent enough start but action at both ends already

estimated 3-400 in away end, we need this game to be a weekend, preferably xmas or easter, not a bloody tuesday night in february, why do the fixtures people get it so wrong so often
still keeping the faith