Bid for Benyon rejected!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yellow4life wrote:It does seem that a club has today bid a three figure sum and I can now see him going.

Trouble is- who will score the goals? Will zebroski go up top? Is this kee's chance to prove himself or are we going to loan someone in?

One of these has to happen otherwise I can't see us scoring!!
:|

:goal:
A three figure wow,was hoping for more than £999 for benners :-D ,maybe a 6 figure sum :)

and whilst i understand where your coming from,i am sure the team will still score goals,bucks will have something lined up.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Yellow4life wrote:It does seem that a club has today bid a three figure sum and I can now see him going. :goal:
I would like to think we would get in excess of £999 for him :lol: :lol:

edit: beat me to it :)
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

This today http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 222075.stm
Is Bucks giving us false hope? Doesn't sound like a deal is done and dusted. Or perhaps it's an attempt to get a better deal. So many possibilities.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

The Herald today confirms the rumoured interest of both Southend and as we know Dagenham, but DT suggests that Swindon Town are interested in him as well and they may well make a move for him, particularly if Charlie Austin moves on. The Herald speculates that we are looking for a figure of around £75k for him and certainly you would expect a club like Swindon to be able to afford to splash that sort of cash, whether they sell Austin, or not.

Personally, I would feel a lot happier for the club and the player if it was Swindon, as selling to a club in our own division (Southend) would leave a bit of a bitter taste and as far as the player is concerned a move to the likes of Dagenham is hardly progression, given that they may well be back in League 2 next season and who knows we could even replace them in League One!

Oh well, I guess we will find out one way or the other in the next 24 hours (and a bit) what's happening.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

75k is all well and good but isn't it worth holding out until January to make a deal; possibly getting more money? If he leaves it'll only be for a loan anyway until January.

It will also suit us as we have time to find a replacement.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

CP Gull wrote:The Herald today confirms the rumoured interest of both Southend and as we know Dagenham, but DT suggests that Swindon Town are interested in him as well and they may well make a move for him
Not too suprised at Swindon being interested. They're not finding it easy this season with Paynter having left without really replacing him :goal:
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

If its Swindon, I hope its at least six figures and sell on as they turned down 600k in the summer for him.

Figures of £40k. Why bovver?
TUST #324
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Less than 6 figures at this stage would be pointless. For the reasons i suggested previously.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

numpte wrote:If its Swindon, I hope its at least six figures and sell on as they turned down 600k in the summer for him.

Figures of £40k. Why bovver?

WHAT? Who turned down 600k for who?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

£600k for Austin, I'd assume.

As said, Swindon looks most likely, and Yellow4life; Any move now would be a loan, with a permanent agreed for January. So basically they're buying him.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

chippygull wrote:
WHAT? Who turned down 600k for who?
i believe he is on about charlie austin?
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Phew!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

So, Swindon are replacing a £700,000 player (for example) with a £70,000 player. They must see an awful lot of room for improvement in Benyon. Good luck to the lad, he's v frustrating sometimes, but I'm sure, with the right coaching and a decent pair of boots, he'll be up there with the best.

Have TUFC ever been associated with a £1,000,000 player before?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

a bidding war would be nice!! i'd let him go for anything above £75k plus a decent sell on clause

i think there are much better all round strikers about than him and if we have to get shot then its best to do it now before he decides to wait and see out his contract
still keeping the faith
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Yes Austin, although they now rate him in the £2m category - Go to Thisisswindon.co.uk and follow the STFC links as Austin is on there this week claiming he wants to play higher up.

Nothing less than £100k for me for Benners then.
TUST #324