Bristow's Bench / Grandstand Latest Pictures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Definitely exciting to see the progress that has been made.

That said, was I the only one slightly surprised (dare I say disappointed) to see how open the corner between Bristow's Bench and the Family Stand seemed? The furthermost part of the structure built looked level with the 6-yard box line. Does anyone know if something's going to be built in the gap, for example for turnstiles or refreshments?
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

On saturday i had a quick peek through the netting. There were footings beside the stand, about the right size for a refreshment building. Don't know any specific details but there is going to be a building at that end of the stand.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I don't like the idea of buildings being in among the stands. They should be behind the stands. The areas around the pitch, including the corners, should be solely for the purpose of allowing spectators to watch the games.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I agree, can't see why the stand could not have been extended over the refreshment building thus incorporating it within the stand and increasing capacity. I can only assume that this is a cost saving measure - in other words we had to cut our cloth"........ Etc
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Anyone know the seating capacity of the old grandstand, including the part that burned down?
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

UPDATE 22/02/2012

I popped up to the ground today and they've cracked on with the stand quite a bit. The small section that we all saw on saturday now has the concrete rows in, giving us a greater sense of scale, especially with the family stand to compare to. They've also extended the 'red beams' along the stand so we should see more structure in the way of a stand going up in the next few days.

Only had time to take one picture:

I'll have more by the end of the week! :scarf: :scarf:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

can OP please change title to grandstand latest or similar please?

OS confirms my thought that there will be NO enclosure in front of the new stand, and also that there are only ten rows of seats

still looks impressive tho!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i wish more of my wishes would come true!! thanks OP or whoever fixed it for me!!

heres link to OS by way of thanks!

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Brist ... 91,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the scale of this stand is massive by the looks of the picture on OS, unless thats the smallest builder ever!! the views are gonna be great from the top couple of rows and the depth of the steps means that even the tallest person on front of you shouldnt impair yr views of, hopefully, league one football next season!!
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Have lifted this from Twitter from an original post of Nick French which was which re-tweeted by Manse. Coming along nicely!
Attachments
Stand.png
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I can't believe the view you'll get from up on the back row. Level with the top of the family stand roof! :O
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

should be able to catch some balls from there !!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

It's all taking shape nicely and it looks like my seat is going to have an excellent view -can't wait for the pre-season to start!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Have all the seats been sold already modgull even before it has been built? Would any season tickets for next season be available for this new stand does anyone know?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.