Bristow's Bench / Grandstand Latest Pictures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Progressing nicely ....

Last edited by CP Gull on 20 Mar 2012, 14:40, edited 3 times in total.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Very good.. :)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

perhaps the ellacombe end far corner will not actually be a seated area, it'll probably be the gangway, so the first seat at the back may actually be able to see the corner flag after all??

ta for pics, its progressing at quite a lick now, and it looks HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGE!!!
still keeping the faith
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

bixieupnorth wrote:perhaps the ellacombe end far corner will not actually be a seated area, it'll probably be the gangway, so the first seat at the back may actually be able to see the corner flag after all??

ta for pics, its progressing at quite a lick now, and it looks HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGE!!!
Quite right, there is a gangway on the Right Hand (from Popside viewpoint)/Ellacombe side of the new stand. If you look at the first picture above, then the seat at the back of the new stand nearest the Family Stand is directly in line with the six yard box line.

In all honesty I don't think anyone will not have a clear view of the whole pitch, but even if that isn't the case then I reckon you would only be looking at half a dozen seats or so that might struggle to see the Ellacombe End Corner flag - so not exactly much in the big scheme of things.

And yes, it does look huge!!! At least it does in comparison to what we've been used to!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

That looks awesome, looking forward to seeing it completed
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

looks like they're lifting the sixth last concrete plinth in, so imagine work will progress at a great rate now, wonder if they're precast with holes for seats to bolt into?? i hope we can get some pictures here after every home game, OS hasnt updated as often as i'd hoped
still keeping the faith
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

It's come on a lot recently. Always great to see updates, thanks.

Have I mssed something or are we to assume the players will now be coming out onto the pitch from perhaps the Ellacombe End corner then?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

maybe they've forgotten about that? the plan on OS has a paddock on so we can't trust that for accuracy but there doesnt seem to be a tunnel on the stand anywhere! oops!
still keeping the faith
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Brilliant images!

The players tunnel is in the middle of the stand; on the plans, wasnt it...
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

bobby93 wrote:It's come on a lot recently. Always great to see updates, thanks.

Have I mssed something or are we to assume the players will now be coming out onto the pitch from perhaps the Ellacombe End corner then?
My understanding is that the Players Entrance will be between the home and away dugouts on the halfway line. The actual changing rooms are of course under the main stand and so even the first row of setas in the new stand will have quite an elevated view.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

bixieupnorth wrote:looks like they're lifting the sixth last concrete plinth in, so imagine work will progress at a great rate now, wonder if they're precast with holes for seats to bolt into?? i hope we can get some pictures here after every home game, OS hasnt updated as often as i'd hoped
Those six concrete plinths went in as I was watching the game this afternoon. There is still a little way to go until they get to the end of the Babbacome end stand though as this pic probably better illustrates:

Perhaps another 2 or probably 3 "sections" I reckon.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

CP Gull wrote: My understanding is that the Players Entrance will be between the home and away dugouts on the halfway line. The actual changing rooms are of course under the main stand and so even the first row of setas in the new stand will have quite an elevated view.
Maybe. It's just that even though you can't see behind the blue boards on the picture, there doesn't seem to be any obvious shaping difference all the way along the stand, would have thought you could see a little doorway or something... :-/

I suppose it's quite likely that there might be steps or a slope coming from under the stand to the pitch though.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

That looks really good!! Much better than the old Grandstand! Hopefully this will bring more fans into the stadium when it is done.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Many thanks for the update pic's, Chris, I am really looking forward to Saturday now, you can get a real sense of what the finished stand will look like, awesome.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

And when the other three sides of the ground have been extended with increased capacity in about twenty or thirty years' time, the whole place should look amazing.. Pretty good so far though, all things considered..