Bristow's Bench / Grandstand Latest Pictures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Gullscorer wrote:And when the other three sides of the ground have been extended with increased capacity in about twenty or thirty years' time, the whole place should look amazing.. Pretty good so far though, all things considered..
I was actually wondering the other day if the Pop Side can be extended backwards? Anyone know? I remember being quite disappointed when I saw the size of the pop compared to the old Pop Side shed.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

All things are possible, from a building/engineering point of view. But it's all about money and priorities..
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

The're here, the're there, the're every ****ing where, no seats, no seats
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I see from todays programme that the stand will hold 1980, which is more than expected (swear it was 1750, unless 200 seats are for a different use?!)..
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

Hi guys my first time here.As an overseas exile can you provide some photo update on the new Grandstand?

Last visit was 0-0 against Oxford .So have only seen photos from some time back.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Try this thread costablancagull. Looking good!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Just seen these on the OS, sorry if its been posted elsewhere.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Brist ... 07,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

View looks amazing!!
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

It makes the popside look tiny! it may be worth moving the singers up there for atmosphere ..
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Brist ... 07,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know gazzableedsgull just put a link up in a new thread but for those that read this one instead, new pics are up and some are new, previously unseen angles/views, very interesting.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'm not a fan of sitting down at football, (although everywhere else i go i crave it, the oub, at work, at home etc!!) but that view looks absolutely superb doesnt it?? look how tiny the ground looks, i assume its taken from the back row and not on that cherry picker?? i may have to sample it myself one day, but i guess as at all big grounds it just highlights the amount of space on the pitch that isnt used??!!
still keeping the faith
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Andrew Candy was always saying how fantastic the view was from the new stand on the supporters coach when going to an away game. Having seen those pictures, he is absolutely right! What a view and I will definitely be sitting in there for a PSF, just so I can say that I've sat in the Bench for a game. I don't like sitting down watching football, but you have to go in the new stand for one game, especially if it's only a friendly!

Also, did anyone else notice how fantastic the pitch looks! Got to be one of, if not the best pitch in league 2!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
goldenblue
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by goldenblue »

Wow! that is impressive and yes doesn't it make the pop side and away end look small. My first home game was Torquay v Crystal Palace March 1959 and I have stood in the cow shed, later to become the mini stand, the open end which is now the away end end and of course the pop side. I have always preferred standing at football matches but Bristows Bench has seriously got me considering parking my ass there next season. I shall certainly try it out.