Youth players

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Youth players

Post by drummergull90 »

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Torqu ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting, good to see Ling taking part in all aspects of the club.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This stage of the season is a very nervous time for young players, not just youth team player but centre of exellence lads aswell, mainly from u-12 up to u16 they have contracts aswell and a fair few at the older age groups will also find them selves being released, good to see the club does have a support network for these lad's, as for many it's a crushed dream.

I think it's very important at this level for the manager to fully involved right throughout the youth system, it's so important for the long term health of our club to bring young players through as we all know, just look at Crewe 7 of thier current first team have come through that club's youth system.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Kirtys McKenzie and Niall Thompson given two year deals. The rest have been released.

Good luck to all the released lads, hope they make a career in the game. :)
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Pleased for McKenzie and Thompson - especially so given that they have got two year deals. To me, having watched a few Youth/Reserve team games over the last couple of seasons those two they were always the stand out players in the group, but nevertheless feel sorry for the others who never gave less than 100% whenever I saw them and I wish them all the best of luck in their future careers.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Good news there. I havent seen much of the Youth team but I'm surprised Latimer wasnt kept he always seemed to be scoring a fair few goals.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

correct decision to keep thompson!

Mckenzie has an attitude at times!
Gull_Glen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean Pierre Simb

Post by Gull_Glen »

anyone seen these 2 play much? hope these are better than our currents young pros.
Although i do think Yeoman has ability, but cant see he or Halpin getting chances.
And Palmer i think will be let go when his deal runs out as he wont see any action either
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Gull_Glen wrote:anyone seen these 2 play much?
I've seen both on at least 10 occasions within the last 2 year and have to say how much thompson has come