Development game 03/04

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I see we have Michael Nardiello starting for us in this game (currently at Tiverton)

Found an interesting piece on him (from 2009).
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... uay-united" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I cannot remember him signing for Man Utd from our youth system all those years ago?

No harm having a look I guess but you must wonder why he has dropped so far from where his promise suggested he could reach.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Interesting, perhaps our youth team right back is his brother? ...Rob?
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Yeah Rob is his brother, his cousin also plays for Exeter.

Would of been a good player had it not been for the injuries, remember a piece in the herald a season or two back that Buckle had promised him a trial if he got his fitness up to scratch. Could still be a good player I think.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This is the single worst football match I have ever seen. It's worse than the standard of the groups of kids having a kick about on Paignton Green.
If this is the best our 'development' squad can offer, we might as well save ourselves the money of running a second string and spend it on actual footballers instead.

Matt,
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:This is the single worst football match I have ever seen. It's worse than the standard of the groups of kids having a kick about on Paignton Green.
If this is the best our 'development' squad can offer, we might as well save ourselves the money of running a second string and spend it on actual footballers instead.

Matt,
I take it Nathan Craig has not met your expectations then Matt.
TUST member 328
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Craig a shining light first half, but it's a case of tallest dwarf.

2nd half, night and day, chalk and cheese, some neat passing football, albeit not massively penetrative. Big Niall Thompson has come on and looks good.

1-0, C. McPhee, thirty yards, left foot, top corner, epic. Macklin off injured, Halpin hopeless, Craig all over the place, sweet left foot and super accurate delivery, surely a better option than Morris wide left. We hit the bar, them the post and Ricey one good stop. We are much more assured second half and are by far the better side.

Matt.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:Craig a shining light first half, but it's a case of tallest dwarf.

2nd half, night and day, chalk and cheese, some neat passing football, albeit not massively penetrative. Big Niall Thompson has come on and looks good.

1-0, C. McPhee, thirty yards, left foot, top corner, epic. Macklin off injured, Halpin hopeless, Craig all over the place, sweet left foot and super accurate delivery, surely a better option than Morris wide left. We hit the bar, them the post and Ricey one good stop. We are much more assured second half and are by far the better side.

Matt.
You have to worry about Halpin. After much promise stated under Buckle (and on trial at Derby) Ling really has not seemed to see anything in him. Was on the fringes of the first squad last year but this year has not ever been close. Hope there is product soon to be found from him as I worry he might be blowing his chance at professional football.
TUST member 328
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Hit the bar, hit the post, & an epic goal scored from 30 yards out straight into the top corner. I'm fairly sure the 'single worst football match I have ever seen' didn't have a fraction of that excitement. Long may you continue to be as lucky.

This dreadful match is of course,very heartening news for the Club. The last time I can remember anyone reporting on anything as bad was when Mark Ellis & the rest of the reserve team put in an atrocious performance at Cheltenham as they got thrashed out of sight.

Within a couple of weeks Ellis was taking the first steps towards being an ever present in the centre of our defence & a League 2 Player of the Month award was soon his as well. Maybe some of the lads playing today were hoping things will turn out similarly for them ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Alpine Joe wrote:The last time I can remember anyone reporting on anything as bad was when Mark Ellis & the rest of the reserve team put in an atrocious performance at Cheltenham as they got thrashed out of sight.

Within a couple of weeks Ellis was taking the first steps towards being an ever present in the centre of our defence & a League 2 Player of the Month award was soon his as well. Maybe some of the lads playing today were hoping things will turn out similarly for them ;-)
Let's hope so too.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Haha, come now Joe, take the correct chronology and we see that the first half was terrible, brightened by a single minute of hope in the shape of a wonderful free kick, beautifully saved. The resultant corner (both from N. Craig) headed against the bar.
To suggest that this moment of quality rescues a poor half is to suggest that a plate of maggots may be revived with a sliver of truffle.
Second half much improved. Dinger did his thing at HT and we passed our way past a Plymouth side who couldn't up their game to catch us.

Matt.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Michael Nardiello was indeed a very promising player as a lad. His brother is Robert ( a current TUFC youth player), his cousin Daniel is at Exeter, and of course his dad, Gerry played for TUFC in the late 80s. He had a very serious injury in his late teens which has hampered his career and I kind of suspect may have put pay to a professional career but I would be very pleased if he is good enough to make it. He is a bright, articulate lad and I wish him.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

And you wish him...?

Oh no, I think Hector may have died, mid-post.

Matt.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Wish him well...probably pressed submit before I finished typing
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Thank God for that, had a horrible image of you, dead, face down on your keyboard...

Matt.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

hector wrote:Michael Nardiello was indeed a very promising player as a lad. His brother is Robert ( a current TUFC youth player), his cousin Daniel is at Exeter, and of course his dad, Gerry played for TUFC in the late 80s. He had a very serious injury in his late teens which has hampered his career and I kind of suspect may have put pay to a professional career but I would be very pleased if he is good enough to make it. He is a bright, articulate lad and I wish him.
And for older viewers, Daniel's Father Donato played for Coventry City in the seventies. That's enough Nardiello's for a five a side team.