The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

How did you get so much on those four!? Whats the difference between an accumulator and 3fold/4fold?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

NickGull wrote:How did you get so much on those four!? Whats the difference between an accumulator and 3fold/4fold?
The stake is higher Nick, so tonight although i only picked 4 teams two of which were short odds on, i actually staked £25.

Yesterday i put £40 on the four.

It's a risk but i could have had 4 x £10 accas and won nowt which is what usually happens! I'd rather win smaller amounts and more often if it can be done that way.

A 3 fold is essentially a treble and a four fold is just four selections like a four team acca.

You had any betting luck Nick?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Ahhhh right, got it.

I only do a quid a time just for a bit of fun, but I might do 4-folds or so to win a tenner or whatever.

Nah, no luck for me, closest would have been that one where Liverpool let me down for £30. Colchester & Southampton both drawing this weekend meant I missed out on £300... :(

I am getting closer, just want to win one soon! :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Stick at it mate and i'm sure you'll strike it lucky soon enough.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nothing today, close again, gills only one wrong in 7 timer, back to the drawing board!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:nothing today, close again, gills only one wrong in 7 timer, back to the drawing board!
yeah and bl**dy blackpool! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

slowly clearing out my internet accounts, down to last £25 in bwin, think i'll knock it on the head for a while once thats gone, wait til the euros and just do singles, thats the way forward!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

is bwin ok bix? i've never used it. i use bet365 mainly and ladbrokes.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yeah, good cos they keep doing offers, deposit a bit and they'll add 50% etc, and you can get a tenner every time a friend signs up

you can save your favourite leagues so it makes looking at a days fixtures much more pleasant, they do seem to offer far far too many prices tho so you can get bogged under at times

been off today so had a real good look at everything, turns out to be worst couple hours i spent, picked hansa rostock for home win, won three on spin, final score 0-5!! two in dutch league 0-2 down ht, bloody rubbish!!

will be glad to have a rest in a few weeks time!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Not good for me tonight either thanks to Waterford United. They used to be good a few years ago but now they've gone part-time they couldn't hit a cows arse. They were playing against 10 men all second half too. Not the luck of the Irish.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

well people, my betting accounts are now all completely spent so no more online betting for me for a while!

hoping to hold off until euros begin? we'll see!

good luck to the rest of you
still keeping the faith
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I bet no one had Wigan down to be 2-0 up after 10 mins!!

Shame they're under the kosh abit now!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i was gonna back wigan, but as my account was empty i couldnt, they'd been tipped in lots of places to win with a goal start, i saw them at 11/1 for a straight win, knowing me i'd have added another couple games and ballsed things up as usual!!

not even looking at tonights games, whole prog of championship games plus a few lower down, she watches holdy, so what will i do, will i weaken on day two and top up my account again!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

west ham, hull, boro, millwall, saints, reading, stevenage, shrews wouldve been my choices, and bayern to beat real too
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just checking my emails and expekt have offered me 50% top up bonus, up to £15, so looks like i'm back in the game, deposit £30 get £15 on top, free money, i'm back in the game!!
still keeping the faith