Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:I've just seen people wearing sunglasses indoors playing cards ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, people are playing poker and it's on TV for you to watch at your leisure. What next, Live Bingo with blue rinse old biddies competing for a million pound jackpot at the local GALA live on Sky? I can just see the tension in the bingo hall when some are wishing their final number to pop out. Then there will be the inevitable shout of HOUSE!!! of HERE!! ( up here in the north folk shout EE YA! ) and then one will have a cardiac arrest and we will lose pictures just as the cashier rushes over to administer CPR.

That just reminds me of the scene in Knowing Me, Knowing You with Partridge when he checks to see if the gun is loaded and he accidentally shoots one of his guests! This could be great TV!! Better than watching a load of posers wearing shades sat round a table like gangsters playing friggin cards! Christ! How about 'EXTREME YORKSHIRE SNAP' where players have to compete in a game of snap in a grim northern outpost like Halifax but the person last to shout is forced to eat a bucket of potted beef whilst wearing a flat cap and walking a whippet. If ITV don't do it then Sky will!

Anything is more entertaining than watching a load of ponces who think they are 10 men flicking cards like some girl. IT IS A GAME OF CARDS YOU WETS!! YOU AREN'T IN AFGHANISTAN OR IRAQ RISKING YOUR LIVES - YOU ARE SAT ROUND A TABLE PLAYING CARDS AND ACTING LIKE YOU ARE COOL!! What a set of clowns. I can't believe that anyone watches this sh*t?I mean come on. Cards is fine if you are with a few mates and having a few bevvies but to watch it on TV is sad. What next, live Domino's or Backgammon? And to while away the wee small hours for the most hardened of 'board games and other games' on TV watchers....... DIY SOLITAIRE SOS. When people playing this little beauty get stuck then they are well and truly f**k. They are on their own so have nobody to call. No lifelines, no 50-50, no phone a friends - they ain't got any anyway THAT'S WHY THEY ARE PLAYING SOLITAIRE!! When they get stuck they have to sit there on live TV tapping out morse code for assistance until breakfast TV comes on.

unbelievable - just like live poker

thats already on andy.

its on look leeds sorry north as a filler in slot when they have a few mins spare............. 8/ =D

oh and whats got 90 b*lls and sc*ews old ladies......????

bingo! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:

oh and whats got 90 b*lls and sc*ews old ladies......????

bingo! =D

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

That raised a smile on this dour Yorkshireman's stony face SNW. :bow:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:That raised a smile on this dour Yorkshireman's stony face SNW. :bow:

thanks trojan :-D

and you are welcome andy! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

SouthWestWater recon we are in drought conditions, have they looked out the feckin window recently? SevernTrent flushed their pipe systems out and straight down the drains, why on God`s Earth didn`t they flush it into tankers then filter it back into the reserviours, bunch of t*ssers! These water companies should be charged with either gross missconduct or taking the piss to the extreme!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Aussie wrote:t**t recon we are in drought conditions, have they looked out the feckin window recently? SevernTrent flushed their pipe systems out and straight down the drains, why on God`s Earth didn`t they flush it into tankers then filter it back into the reserviours, bunch of t*ssers! These water companies should be charged with either gross missconduct or taking the piss to the extreme!

I'm not sure what your water tastes like but it's fine up here :)
Dave

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

It's the magners that does that to your taste buds Dave.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

austrianandygull wrote:I've just seen people wearing sunglasses indoors playing cards ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, people are playing poker and it's on TV for you to watch at your leisure. What next, Live Bingo with blue rinse old biddies competing for a million pound jackpot at the local GALA live on Sky? I can just see the tension in the bingo hall when some are wishing their final number to pop out. Then there will be the inevitable shout of HOUSE!!! of HERE!! ( up here in the north folk shout EE YA! ) and then one will have a cardiac arrest and we will lose pictures just as the cashier rushes over to administer CPR.

That just reminds me of the scene in Knowing Me, Knowing You with Partridge when he checks to see if the gun is loaded and he accidentally shoots one of his guests! This could be great TV!! Better than watching a load of posers wearing shades sat round a table like gangsters playing friggin cards! Christ! How about 'EXTREME YORKSHIRE SNAP' where players have to compete in a game of snap in a grim northern outpost like Halifax but the person last to shout is forced to eat a bucket of potted beef whilst wearing a flat cap and walking a whippet. If ITV don't do it then Sky will!

Anything is more entertaining than watching a load of ponces who think they are 10 men flicking cards like some girl. IT IS A GAME OF CARDS YOU WETS!! YOU AREN'T IN AFGHANISTAN OR IRAQ RISKING YOUR LIVES - YOU ARE SAT ROUND A TABLE PLAYING CARDS AND ACTING LIKE YOU ARE COOL!! What a set of clowns. I can't believe that anyone watches this sh*t?I mean come on. Cards is fine if you are with a few mates and having a few bevvies but to watch it on TV is sad. What next, live Domino's or Backgammon? And to while away the wee small hours for the most hardened of 'board games and other games' on TV watchers....... DIY SOLITAIRE SOS. When people playing this little beauty get stuck then they are well and truly f**k. They are on their own so have nobody to call. No lifelines, no 50-50, no phone a friends - they ain't got any anyway THAT'S WHY THEY ARE PLAYING SOLITAIRE!! When they get stuck they have to sit there on live TV tapping out morse code for assistance until breakfast TV comes on.

unbelievable - just like live poker
Concur 100% AND ITS ON THE SPORT CHANNEL! POKER IS NOT, NEVER HAS BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE A SPORT!!! Its a fookin card game:@
Similarly, anything thats done to music is not a sport or anything with 'artistic impression' influencing the result ie Ballroom dancing, Rhythmic gymnastics, Synchronised swimming....Oh hang on!..............
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What is it with drug addicts and alcoholics? What is it with judges too?

Bloke on drugs burgles his 12th house of the day to steal things to sell so he fund his drug habit. Alcoholic smashes a glass in someones face in a pub and the victim ends up scarred for life. Drunk driver mounts the pavement in his car and ploughs into a family walking their dog causing untold horror.

Then comes the court reports. 'in mitigation Mr Smith who nicked all the things that 12 hard working householders had to go out to work to earn accepts he did wrong and he is seeking help for his drug addiction. he has had a tough couple of years with the loss of his job and the break up of his marriage' blah blah blah.

Newsflash: Everybody goes through tough times and deals with it differently. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR DAYS ADDLED OUT OF YOUR MIND ON FET AND COKE, OR BATTERED ON CIDER THEN FINE - JUST LEAVE THE REST OF US OUT OF YOUR SORRY LIVES!!!!

And a message to judges - they CHOSE to take drugs/drink alcohol. It was their choice so what crimes they committed whilst under the influence were done so out of an act that was their choice! Lets take personal responsibilty out of it then shall we? What i might do instead of working to buy a new Playstation Vita is just go and have a skinful at the Barking Badger and then pop into Currys and nick one. When i get caught i'll just say the drink made me do it and i drank because my cat passed away and i wanted to take my anger out on something so i nicked a games console. For Christ's sake it's unreal.

Also, I have a radical take on stopping drug dealers in their tracks. Don't buy drugs and they will all go away.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

austrianandygull wrote:What is it with drug addicts and alcoholics? What is it with judges too?

Bloke on drugs burgles his 12th house of the day to steal things to sell so he fund his drug habit. Alcoholic smashes a glass in someones face in a pub and the victim ends up scarred for life. Drunk driver mounts the pavement in his car and ploughs into a family walking their dog causing untold horror.

Then comes the court reports. 'in mitigation Mr Smith who nicked all the things that 12 hard working householders had to go out to work to earn accepts he did wrong and he is seeking help for his drug addiction. he has had a tough couple of years with the loss of his job and the break up of his marriage' blah blah blah.

Newsflash: Everybody goes through tough times and deals with it differently. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR DAYS ADDLED OUT OF YOUR MIND ON FET AND COKE, OR BATTERED ON CIDER THEN FINE - JUST LEAVE THE REST OF US OUT OF YOUR SORRY LIVES!!!!

And a message to judges - they CHOSE to take drugs/drink alcohol. It was their choice so what crimes they committed whilst under the influence were done so out of an act that was their choice! Lets take personal responsibilty out of it then shall we? What i might do instead of working to buy a new Playstation Vita is just go and have a skinful at the Barking Badger and then pop into Currys and nick one. When i get caught i'll just say the drink made me do it and i drank because my cat passed away and i wanted to take my anger out on something so i nicked a games console. For Christ's sake it's unreal.

Also, I have a radical take on stopping drug dealers in their tracks. Don't buy drugs and they will all go away.
Couldn't agree more Andy. Got a better idea for the highlighted bit though-LOCK THE FOOKERS UP AND THROW THER KEY AWAY! PRISONS OVERCROWDED? PUT A MATTRESS ON THE FLOOR OF EACH CELL FOR THEM. JUST MAKE SURE THAT THIER CIRCUMSTANCES ARE TELEVISED OCCASIONALLY TO REMIND ANYONE ELSE THINKING OF TAKING UP THE MANTLE WHERE THEY WILL END UP. :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I have witnessed yet another prime time TV program tonight that was the usual utter bilge. :@ Same format, 'professionals' judging wannabes with little talent and the inevitable pause :whistle: before one of the nonentities is voted off to return to the checkout and shelf stacking in Asda or Tesco. :|
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you 'The Voice', yet another in a long line of p1ss poor TV giving people whose singing voices are flatter than a hedgehog on the M1 a primetime slot. :O
One of tonights duet who were voted off were India (Indy for short) and Pixie who in all honesty made my singing sound like Mario Lanza!

And there's rant no2. Who the fook calls thier daughter India or Pixie? :slap:
INDIA IS AN ASIAN COUNTRY AND PIXIES ARE MYTHICAL CREATURES. THEY ARE NOT GIRLS NAMES YOU PRETENTIOUS TVVATS

:@ :@ :@
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Which nicely leads on to another massively growing trend. Double barrelled names. What's that all about?
Years ago it was done by the upper class tvvats to show that thier rich families had further inbred. Now the school I work in have more and more kids named stuff like Kai Smith-Brown or India or Libby-Skye Jones-Roberts! :slap:
Drives us all nuts because 99% of these kids are absolute arseh0les :@
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Vacuum cleaners, why do they always break when you need to use them for something important?

Tidying up the house today, ready for a house inspection tomorrow and what happens? It decides it's going to ignore any bit of dirt and just pass over it, whilst making a loud noise. All huff and puff but no end product. I have the Connor Sammon of vacuum cleaners!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm really glad I started this thread. :-D

The Champion poster and winner by a country mile is our own Victor Meldrew the inimitable Emet.

:clap: :bow: :clap:

Carry on moaning sir ! ;-) :nod:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

surely i must come a close second? :Oops: