New player.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

New player.

Post by doogull »

Not much action on the forum so let's do this for a bit.

If we could sign a player in any postion (not fantasy but within our grasp ish) who would you like and what would he bring to our sqaud?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Le Fondre, end of.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:Le Fondre, end of.

Matt.

Because he is well within our grasp!!!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Oastler, Hemmings and Rose on permanent contracts would be excellent (especially Oastler), Benyon and Wroe on three year deals and from outside - Adam Smith.
TUST member 328
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

I like craig disley a good goalscoring cm and very experienced at L1/L2 and right age.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Richinns wrote:
Because he is well within our grasp!!!!
As opposed to Rotherham who have £1,000,000 a week rent on that daft F*****g stadium and 11 fans a week through the gates?

Matt.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote: As opposed to Rotherham who have £1,000,000 a week rent on that daft F*****g stadium and 11 fans a week through the gates?

Matt.
How much is Le Fondre worth and how much do we have??

When he leaves Rotherham (which will be sooner rather than later) it definitely will not be for us or any other team in league 2 - so like I was inferring - he is well out of our grasp!
TUST member 328
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I d be pleased to see more emerging talent arrive on loan from Premier/Championship clubs. Our fine young manager has settled in to the task very well indeed and knows he knows he s still learning. The proof for all to see is the improvement made by Mark Ellis, Elliot Benyon, Chris Robertson, Euan O kane etc. Ashley Hemmings and Joe Oastler have also settled in well also. These two young players look to have futures for sure.

Bucks is slowly but surely building up his contacts book. He has earned a reputation for developing talent. To higher League teams who have ambitions of securing Paul Buckle I say why ?

Leave Bucks in place and send us your 1st/2nd year pros. What you ll get back will be a man able to play against men.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Rich, there must be some issue with Le Fondre. Why would he move from promoted Rochdale to not promoted Rotherham? It is my understanding that the OP made his "within our grasp ish" comment such that the thread did not get bogged down with requests for Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney et al. If we are to take this phrase literally, TUFC have precisely zero pounds and zero pence to spend, so we won't be signing anybody, which rather makes this thread a little devoid of interest.

How much is Le Fondre worth? Well, if Rotherham can afford him (and their ground) on the meagre attendances they get, then he can't have cost them all that much and he can't be earning all that much.

So, I reiterate, Le Fondre please, especially if we do A. Go up and/or B. Lose Benners for a six figure sum in the process.

Matt.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Adam Birchill from Dover with 11 goals in the f.a cup so far he must be favourite for the golden boot,and has proved he can score against league 2 sides with goals against,Gillingham and Aldershot.

With our budget we must unearth the talent from below,one player who can score goals,and we can afford.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

What is it with me and double posts this week?

Tubbs, from Creepy Crawley please. I know the Conference is not in the same league (literally) as L2, but he is scoring a couple every flippin' week for that horrible lot run by the fat, tax dodging waste of blood and organs and they don't deserve him, so we should have him. Trouble is, the aforementioned oxygen theif will probably ask £5,000,000 for him, because that's just the way Evans is... Tosser!

Whoever said Roberts from Stevenage, good call, an exellent player and easily identifyable, thanks to a mop of shockingly blonde hair.

Based on Saturday, when they come down (sorry Sadlad, IF they come down) I'd like Warsaw's 'keeper please, he'll make an excellent foil for Potter (not sure how to strikethrough, but pretend that's what I've done to the name 'Potter') Bevan.

Matt.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'd like george boyd from peterboro, saw him play at bramall lane last season, was mightiyl impressed with his strength and vision, forest took him on loan last season but baulked at the fee that barry fry asked for
still keeping the faith
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Yeah it was me that mentioned Roberts, I really rate him, and has a great mop on his head as you said Matt!Come on guys try and keep the talk of Le Fondre etc to a minimum... Every club's fans in league 2 would mention Le Fondre, Marc Richards, Lowe and Ajose etc....

Not when I saw him on saturday, he'd had it shaved.

I always rated Creighton when he was at Kidderminster, would have loved to see him play for us but we got lucky with Branston right enough.
Dave

GazNorthernGull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by GazNorthernGull »

I agree with Hamza Bencherif and would also like to add Tom Elliot from leeds, Big potential, good hold up play and not a bad finish, needs tutoring as he's young and not a first team player but could be well used as a target man in league 2 for long balls, corners, free kick and general presence around the box. nHe's just turned 20 and is on loan at Rotherham...Heres whats on their website about him,
'Tom has signed a six month loan deal with Millers from Yorkshire rivals Leeds United.
The 19-year-old possess great pace and strength and proved a real handful for Leicester in a pre-season outing in the summer.
Tom has previous League Two experience after loan spells with Bury and Macclesfield Town last season, scoring for the Shakers in their 3-2 win over Crewe Alexandra.'

He must of put in some good performances for Rotherham to loan him, as they are also going for promotion.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No idea mate, other than what you mentioned re shipping out the deadwood. I've never seen him have a bad game but then I've not seen him play as often as Wilder.
Dave