Eunan to Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

This has been posted on twitter. Could be total bollax....

"Torquay youngster, Eunan O'Kane, has again been linked with Birmingham and Reading in a potential move worth 675k".

https://x.com/?_twitter_noscript=1#!/br ... 2659268608
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Now that kind of money is a bit more like it.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Sexy_Gulls wrote:I'm more worried about the reported £200k release cause. We all know Eunans going to go at some time so we need to make sure we get as much money as possible. £200k would be a joke.

Does anyone know if this release clause is true?
The Irish Sun reported the £200,000 release clause back in March too. It says 240,000 here, but that has been converted into euro.

I realise that Sky and the Sun are technically the same source (News International).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ir ... -seal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I am interested to know how us Torquay fan's come up with our valuation of Eunan O'Kane.

Reading as club heavily linked with O'kane is a prime example,Reading paid £350,000 for Gorkss, and it's believed paid in the region of £300,000 for A-L-F a proven goal scorer, two player's that helped fire them into the premier league.

Yet we are suggetsing that O'Kane should go for no less than £400,000 some one please help me, confused from Newton Abbot.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I think the best we can hope for is a nice fee (about 200K) plus some decent add-ons. That should be fine by both parties as it means that they are getting a player that performs and we are getting some nice money if he does well. For example, chuck on some add-ons that would require a club to give us money if they get promoted, or if he makes an international appearance (which isn't unfeasible). Plus a nice bit of a sell-on would be good, but probably hard to get.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

According to my sources (awards evening yesterday) the rumour is completely untrue and Eunan is not leaving :clap:
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

As with Lingy's gentleman's agreement with (I think) Lathrope, what happens with Eunan is likely to depend on what league we're in next season - being a regular in league 1 might appeal more than going to a Championship club and being loaned out.

The flip side of that is, a star turn at Wembley could bring him to a lot of people's attention, but might at least push his price up a bit in the event we do have to sell.

All pre-emptive though, let's play our next 2 (hopefully 3) games and then we can talk about buying and selling.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

MuzDog wrote: The Irish Sun reported the £200,000 release clause back in March too. It says 240,000 here, but that has been converted into euro.

I realise that Sky and the Sun are technically the same source (News International).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ir ... -seal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting link.

Perhaps the more immediate concern than the "Eunan to Swindon" rumour is this quote from the Irish U21 Manager

"The midfielder is set to make his Republic debut in the friendly against Denmark on May 28, with a European Championship qualifier against Italy a week later"

.... In other words the day after the L2 Play Off Final !!! Clearly if he should get the call he would be obliged to play and it would presumably rule him out of the P/O Final (should we get there of course!) although you would like to think common sense would prevail!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

I'd like to think he's grounded enough and dedicated to his current contract that he'd choose to play for us at wembley? who in their right mind would turn down the chance to play there?

obviously well cross that bridge when we come to it, hopefully he'll help us squeeze past Cheltenham and then we can see where his loyalties lie? he seems like a loyal bloke, signed that nice long contract when he could have done what so many do and run his contract down thus leaving us with very little in the way of leverage to force his eventual transfer fee as high as it possibly can be!
still keeping the faith
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

£200k being the opening bid.

If there are more clubs in for him then it will be higher, if there is only 1 club it will be £200k.

Economics isn't it? Supply and DEMAND.
TUST #324
Essexgull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Essexgull »

Not really..if the release fee is 200k..then that is what they will pay. Clubs will then offer any excess to Eunan to persuade him to sign for them.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

forevertufc wrote:I am interested to know how us Torquay fan's come up with our valuation of Eunan O'Kane.

Reading as club heavily linked with O'kane is a prime example,Reading paid £350,000 for Gorkss, and it's believed paid in the region of £300,000 for A-L-F a proven goal scorer, two player's that helped fire them into the premier league.

Yet we are suggetsing that O'Kane should go for no less than £400,000 some one please help me, confused from Newton Abbot.
Reading also paid £440k for Manset, a player of a similar age from a similary sized team (Hereford). You can't compare any two fees really, Gorkss wasn't wanted by the Club he was at, which obviousy isn't the case for Eunan.

If he has a release clause then it would be very disappointing as there would be a long queue of teams ready to snap him up.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

The club HAS to try and get some add-ons, no matter where he is sold. The money we recieve now would help us now, and potential money in the future (after appearances or interenational appearances) could help the cub for years to come, and take the pressure off us needing to sell our top players in the near future.

However, of course I would love him to stay. I just don't see it happening if we're in League Two.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

rachii12 wrote:According to my sources (awards evening yesterday) the rumour is completely untrue and Eunan is not leaving :clap:
Ditto the above until proved otherwise. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gulliball wrote:[quote="forevertufc"

Reading also paid £440k for Manset, a player of a similar age from a similary sized team (Hereford). You can't compare any two fees really, Gorkss wasn't wanted by the Club he was at, which obviousy isn't the case for Eunan.

If he has a release clause then it would be very disappointing as there would be a long queue of teams ready to snap him up.
See where your coming from, however the transfer market is not as bouyant now as it was even 2 season's ago, and again Manset was a goalscorer, teams will take a punt on a player who is banging in goals .

Was not really trying to compare fee's, the point was £350,000 can secure a player like Gorkss, who had 172 championship games under his belt, 51 for Blackpool, 121 for Q.P.R, therefore is proven at that level, he also has 43 full international caps for Latvia.

Eunan O'Kane has 107 league 2 games under belt, so is only proven at league 2 level, and a string of youth international caps, has youth on his side though, so a higher divsion club would only be buying potential.

So why would a championship club want to pay £400,000 for a young player with potential, when as said above they could buy the finsihed article for £350,000.
Formerly known as forevertufc