plainmoor members' club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

plainmoor members' club

Post by bixieupnorth »

several people have mentioned the ill fated TUFC membership scheme to me recently

i have dug around and discovered it buried in amongst the ticket news section

to recap, it's a great scheme for those of us who live away from plainmoor, and dont get to many matches and simply want to give a regular sum to the club that we love, and at the same time being able to get in for a tenner of the rare occasions when we can get home to south devon

its also handy for someone who can't afford to shell out for a full season ticket, and cant get to games every week, this scheme enables them to pay an affordable sum per month, and when they do go to matches they can recoup a little of their monthly outlay at the same time

i cant believe it hasnt been more heavily promoted since it began in summer 2010, i think the membership peaked at just over 100 subscribers, i was lucky enough to get card no 0001!!

can we get this promoted on here please, and possibly stickied, so that TUFC can squeeze every penny of useful income that a club of our size desperately needs in this day and age

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Ticke ... 31,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ps you can overpay by as much as you want to as well, for the more generous of us out there!!

pps thats a club approved apostrophe in the thread title, the more grammar aware amongst you can no doubt tell me if it belongs there or not!!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 09 May 2012, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

Thanks mate great stuff im getting on it now!

EDIT Maybe not will get on it tomorrow when i get up there lol!
My Life To Live!
COYY
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Apparently, according to Mr Candy, membership scheme is being revamped / updated for next season.

Based on the large proportion of exiles we have, I dont know why the club dont make more of it. I know its a generalisation but you would expect exiles to have a higher earning potential (mainly in South East) and therefore more disposable cash.

To entice more, they need to offer something more specifically to the exiles than they currently are as the scheme at the moment appeals more to the local fan wanting to spread the cost or exiles wanting to part with cash for the greater good.

Whilst I'm on the subject of revenue generation, get a temp bar installed behind the away end and pop side (once changing rooms are out).
TUST #324
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

Yeah i just asked when i was up there getting my ticket, they said it will be announced in June.
My Life To Live!
COYY
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Bix,

Possessive apostrophe for more than one member, so it is correct. Unless there is still just yourself as the sole member (sorry, calling you that is bound to cause comments form certain people <cough SNW>, <cough Matt>, but I didn't know how to rephrase it).

Happy to help :)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

bump for this important topic, any chance of a sticky??

anyone whos a member please admit to it here?!
still keeping the faith
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

I am.

Looking forward to seeing what developments they have this year for promised freshening up.
TUST #324
furmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aggy

Post by furmax »

I'm a member too - number 50.

I remember last year it was all quiet, and then had a message left from the club to call them. When I did I was put through to what sounded like a YTS trainee who told me 'it's gone up to £13 a month - do you want it or not'. Of course, after such wonderful sales patter I simply could not resist!

I was then told my new card would be sent out to me. I'm still waiting.

I, too, am hoping for something a bit better this year or they risk losing another member who gives them free money each month ( I couldn't afford to make a home game all season so didn't benifit their either......)
A poster previously know as furzehamgull. @furmax
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

I wasn't expecting to get anything except my card and discount on admission and in the shop

Ive only been once since scheme started by my aim was to contribute something to the club not to gain for myself

I chose to pay over the tenner and have a DD for £15 so guess that was reason i didnt get call about price going up

have only got my original card
still keeping the faith
furmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aggy

Post by furmax »

bixieupnorth wrote:I wasn't expecting to get anything except my card and discount on admission and in the shop

Ive only been once since scheme started by my aim was to contribute something to the club not to gain for myself
Snap, and err, snap. My S/O is even entitled 'TUFC Charity' on my bank statements. However, It came across as being taken for granted last year, and that isn't likely to see the scheme flourish into the future.

I want this scheme to come off, I believe it is a good idea. It offers 'free money' for minimal effort on the clubs part, so it would be nice to see this taken forward and the minimal effort actually applied going forward.........
A poster previously know as furzehamgull. @furmax
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

furmax wrote: I was then told my new card would be sent out to me. I'm still waiting.
Lucky you, I pay yearly and go to about 5 games. I wasn't even told a new card was available when I renewed. First day of the season I turn up at the turnstiles v Burton at 2.55 and go in via the members turnstile and get told my card is out of date and they can't let me in for a tenner. So not wanting to miss the first 20 mins faffing about at the office I paid the full amount. Annoyed. :@

50 members is quite impressive, thats not a shabby amount of money each month for doing little with supporters not likely to turn up every game. Lets hope the renewed scheme is less shabbily administered.

Bixie, your card is now way out of date!!!
TUST #324
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

what's the idea of having new cards each year, what a waste of money! I'm still paying the money but you reckon I'd get refused discounted entry then? outrageous!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

perhaps it's diff for yearly payments?

if Andrew candy reads this can you please confirm that I would still get discounted entry on the unlikely event that I make it to plainmoor?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

I've emailed the club this afternoon so will report back when they reply
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

i think this is a good idea and something which i would be interested in, however knowing the incompetence of some at the club at times regarding administrative issues may lead me not to bother. As furmax says you give them free cash and then they can,t let you in for a tenner for whatever reason and forget or don,t even bother to issue / reissue membership cards! Not really thecreme de le creme of customer service and relations is it?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.