how many games Torquay united have you watched

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

TorquayBoy wrote:My grandad has been going to games 1956 every game at home and many away! He took me to my first match against Oxford in 2007 and I have been to every match, I am fifteen now :)
You're not. Post correct grammatically, no txt spk, the absence of the Godforsaken 'lol', you're definitely not 15.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

smiley face = lol in my ageing eyes tho! whats wrong with a good old exclamation mark?
still keeping the faith
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I thought all the pedants were all cluster f****d together on the other TUFC forum.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote: You're not. Post correct grammatically, no txt spk, the absence of the Godforsaken 'lol', you're definitely not 15.

Cock in a frock.
LOL, does that mean I am 15 :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

I lived on Marnham Road opposite Plainmoor for sixteen years and attended nearly every home game for 7 years and a fair few away games.
Moved to Plymouth in 2003 and due to working full time my attendance started to drop. I am now a student at Leeds uni and this season have been to more away games than home: Bradford, Rotherham, Burton & Hereford to name a few and made both home Xmas/NY fixtures & Plymouth away. Also Southend & Crewe at home over Easter. I am still Yellow through and through & I do come on this forum when listening to most games on gullsplayer that I cannot attend. The commentary isn't always great so it's good to keep up on here whilst also having a bit of banter with fellow gulls. Just because I am currently an exile I do not think I'm any less of a fan for not being able to get to every game
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I've been to a grand total of one game this year. It would've been 3 if it wasn't for work and some chavs. The trouble is, its just too expensive for me. It'll be around £150 round trip!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Trojan 67 wrote:I thought all the pedants were all cluster f****d together on the other TUFC forum.
Not all of `em! :na:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Aussie wrote: Not all of `em! :na:

We know this Aussie, we were the worst offenders until we saw the error of our ways.

Now we've seen the error of of ways, are we going to change ?

Does :na: answer the question. :nod: ;-)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Trojan 67 wrote:We know this Aussie, we were the worst offenders until we saw the error of our ways.
"error of of ways", Troj? That makes no sense :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

happytorq wrote: "error of of ways", Troj? That makes no sense :)

When have I ever made sense ? :clown:

You should be there in the Union Inn at the very late hour after a Saturday game. The only social drinkers talking any sense is Aussie and I. :clown: ;-) :nod:

Sometimes Erik from Norway joins us and somehow he enjoys himself so much he blames us for having a hangover and missing his train/connecting flight back home !

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Trojan 67 wrote: Sometimes Erik from Norway joins us and somehow he enjoys himself so much he blames us for having a hangover and missing his train/connecting flight back home !

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Always a great time in Union Inn after the game. Win or loose :) Thankfully we only missed the train that night, but it was sure a long taxi journey from Newton Abbott to Heathrow. But hey, even that is half price by Norwegian standards :)

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

News Flash for Erik :

Pickwick Inn, Pimlico, Torquay, opening again soon under new management.

Place gutted, new layout, same old crowd. :-D ;-) :engflag:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

cambgull wrote:I've been to a grand total of one game this year. It would've been 3 if it wasn't for work and some chavs. The trouble is, its just too expensive for me. It'll be around £150 round trip!

:rofl:

F*****ghell Luke, i think i've just pissed myself! :lol:

'if it wasn't for work AND SOME CHAVS'

It's like two completely different sets of scenarios why you can't go, one sensible and the other totally random! Love it! Chavs get the blame for everything and deservedly so, the skinny drug addled palefaces. Gaunt as **** the lot of them. Just out of interest mate, how have the chavs affected your plans to attend games this season?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I was going to go to the Bristol Rovers away game only to wake up in the morning to find 2 tyres slashed on my car. Don't worry though, revenge was served freezing cold!

:devil:
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Granite City Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Granite City Gull »

I reckon I've been to between 200 and 250 Gulls matches (and seen them at over 40 grounds) but amazingly have only been to seven games in a decade since moving to Aberdeen! I've seen many memorable games but one of the best I can remember was in 1993 at Doncaster's delapidated old ground Belle Vue. We hadn't won an away game for 17 months following a season-long spell in the old third division (amazingly we were relegated with one of the best home records, which included wins against West Brom (Fashanu) and Stoke (Dobie)) and were two nil down at half time. Imagine the rapture among the 150 strong away-following when Duane Darby chipped the keeper in the second half to complete a 2-3 victory. Does anyone else have a particular favourite away game from the 90s? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: