Can we do it?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Can we do it?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 67

Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

Yes. We. Can.

We are Torquay United... we don't do things the easy way.

Let's just get an early goal and put the pressure on them. Have faith!

:keepie:
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
harbertongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by harbertongull »

It's half time, we're two nil down, of course we can do it. Come on you yellows!
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Not a cat in hells chance, maybe if we had a decent striker and stopped playing this 1 up front crap we may have stood a chance. credit to the lads as they got us this far but we have been in desperate need of a striker all season and it was our undoing in the end. I have watched Howe miss so many easy knock in's and little danny hasnt got the weight and is pushed off the ball too easy. I still have hopes for Atieno plays better with another up front with him maybe a formation which is a little strange called 442 MR LING!!!!!
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Of course we can. Have to say yes otherwise there's no point playing the game.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

exeter did it to us during the second half!! we could do it, but we need to play bloody 442 from the start, is st martin a one trick pony?? we've played two up front on occasions when we've been clawing back losses, hereford, rovers but i think that its a bridge too far this time
still keeping the faith
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Perhaps, but only if we ditch the one up front tactic which has failed us for the past six weeks or so.
In any case, I have voted No.
Mr_T1nker
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by Mr_T1nker »

Alright so this was a while back but we were 2-0 down at home to Bristol Rovers and Lee Mansell scored twice in 18 minutes to rescue a point !! A high pressure situation, in a big hole and we hauled ourselves out of it quite miraculously. That was in less than 20 minutes so yes we can easily do it in 90 minutes.
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Of course we can its only two goals not ten, we have came back from two goals down plenty times. COYY!!! Cant wait to get to plainmoor and sing my hart out.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I have voted no, because I don't think we're good enough.

Thrice (well, four times if you count Rotherham as two) we have come from two down. First game of the season, at home to Burton Albion, twice against Rotherham at home, 2-0 and 3-1 and most famously against Brizzle Rovers, again at home, from 2-0 down.

I really am not sure we're capable of doing this again. We certainly don't look anything like the team we did even 6 weeks ago, and for that reason, I'm out (that's not right, is it?)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

A 'Yes' vote. What would anybody expect? The question has to reveal an answer of 'yes', because of course in football yes we can do it. We finished 5th in the league for heavens sake not 15th. I am expecting to win 4-0, although am also old enough to get through the disappointment of an early Cheltenham goal followed by a couple more as we charge forward in reckless and desperate pursuit of an impossible dream. The beautiful game .... but you always have to be able to dream before the game ... leave the next morning for the reality and temporary heartache before picking yourself up, dusting yourself down, and trooping off in only a few weeks time to see Leeds United visit an impressive looking little stadium with hope and expectation in your eyes for another exciting season. :keepie:
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Well said, Stefano!

You took the blue pill, just like me! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Red pill, blue pill, if we turn around the 2-0 deficit in Man City fashion then I'll be in ecstasy without the aid of MDMA. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Loggerheads
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Loggerheads »

No you wont do it!

I predict a 0-0 or a 1-1 scoreline
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Northumbergull wrote:Well said, Stefano!

You took the blue pill, just like me! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill

Cheers

Bruce

Best film of the last few years the Matrix. Some films are ahead of their time. The Matrix is one of them.

Thousands of years as it happens and that awareness comes from being able to view from thousands of years in the opposite direction. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Shame the rest of the matrix films sucked balls.

4-4-2 may be the best tonic on Thursday but I'm not a fan of everyone bashing the 4-5-1/4-3-3. It was what got us where we are today, and let's be honest, no one expected it. For the players we have at the club the formation Ling set out suits us perfectly, with the exception of Morris maybe.

However, as stated, this formation may not be the best when we have to chase the game, which we fortunately haven't had to do much this season.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...