Luke McCormick joins Swindon!!

General chat about anything else goes here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Matt, if you blow 35 you will NOT be charged as you are not over the limit.
In point of fact, you won't be charged until you blow 40, but the five oh won't tell you that.

Dave (the other one), yes, being genuinely under the influence of alcohol while driving does cost lives, having a glass of wine with lunch then driving home 3 hours later, does not.
I love that you live in a world where zero is the answer, but I'm afraid it isn't. If you aren't sure if you'll be over, then don't push it, but, for reference, unless you're a tee-total, 4 stone woman with 0% body fat and 0% water retention, one beer/glass of wine/shot will be just fine.
As with most things, it's up to personal discression. If you know you're a hopeless, uncoordinated buffoon once you've had even one beer, then don't drive. If you've had a skin full the night before, probably don't drive.

The vast majority of drinkers I have come across in my professional capacity were miles above the limit and lying to me about having drunk the majority of it after driving.
These idiots are dangerous.
Some people get done the morning after, still over the limit, but with no criminal intent.
These people are stupid.

So, we've punished the dangerous and we've punished the stupid, why do we need to start punishing the innocent when that will, in all likelihood, have absolutely no impact on road safety? What it will do is cost the economy hundreds of millions of pounds, and see the jobless total rocket. Insurance premiums will rise, the defecit will need to be paid for, policing effectiveness will drop meaning that the incidents of actual crime will go up. Basically, for the sake if eradicating something which doesn't hurt many, if any, people a year, we sacrifice a vast amount of everything else.

A zero DD limit is a little bit like curing mobile phone use while driving by banning people from having a mobile phone in the car at all.

As to our having one of the highest DD limits in Europe; we also have some of the safest roads, what does that tell you?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee

Post by popsider »

He's still a good goalkeeper, Still fairly young and could probably cope at this level.

The one thing that I think will break him is the constant abuse he gets, he'll often be in front of the home fans for long periods without doing anything, and in some stadiums he'll be infront of the home fans for both halves.
Torquay United. Today, Tomorrow, forever.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I,ve not had my say on this subject yet and maybe it's just as well really as i honestly don't believe Mr McCormick deserves to live. If it were my family he'd ripped apart then playing football for him just wouldn't be an option. If Torquay were to sign him then i would never support the club again, i feel that strongly. I can't believe there are people out there willing to give him a second chance - all they seem concerned about is his rehabilitation and integration back into the football world. I'm sure the father of the kids he slaughtered whom he left paralysed would dearly hope for a second chance at getting his life back too. Never gonna happen now thanks to this piece of shit. I sincerely hope he dies in all honesty and then it's one less arsehole to worry about. Sadly he'll probably go out and do something similar again because they often never learn.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

He did the crime, he did the time.

As frustrating as it is for everybody, he is now a free man and entitled to live and work wherever he chooses just like the rest of us.

Wishing somebody dead is, as far as I'm concerned, a step too far Andy.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Fair points Scott and i completely understand. I'm not a total knucklehead so as not be aware that my views will seem somewhat brutal and inhumane but i just put myself in the shoes of the parents and that's what i feel.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.