Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

lancasterwhites wrote:scum (man utd) fans want leeds back in the prem as they see us as major rivals along with city and liverpool.
No they don't, they find it hilarious that you were in League 1. Most genuine United fans would rather see your club bust before they see you back in the Premiership
lancasterwhites wrote:real madrid........don revie changed our kit to all white because he wanted us to be the real madrid of england.
That worked...
lancasterwhites wrote:hard........west ham and millwall you avin a larfffff . lufc have kicked their arses more than once in their own backyards, and ive been their to witness it.
Erm... well we've already had a comment on the board from someone about an event which showed Leeds fans weren't so hard. I won't mention it as it's a horrible situation but you can't be that hard. Also, West Ham and Millwall can't win their fights every time. Are you forgetting the times they gave you a kicking?
lancasterwhites wrote:standard of football.....barcelona remind me of the best english club side leeds united in the 70s.
I highly doubt that a football club from the 70's involving scumbags like Bremner played football like Barcelona do. The difference in skill is gargantuan.
lancasterwhites wrote:as for meaning owt to little torquay united ffs morecambes more your standard.
Well yes, that's right. They are a team in our league. Well done, you win the prize! I'd rather beat them than beat you guys because they give us 3 points, you'll just start fights in our pubs because you're a bunch of knuckledraggers.
lancasterwhites wrote:i came on this site to have a bit of banter but i cant believe how far you lot are up your own @rses.
i pray that the majority of your fans are not like that in real life as we are really looking forward to a fantastic weekend in torquay having a beer a laugh and a bit of football thrown in.
Banter is having a laugh and a joke with people but it has to be obvious that you're joking, which is why it very rarely works on the internet, especially when the person trying to banter has the ability of a Gnat with the English language. I'm sure in person it will be much easier to have a bit of banter with a beer in hand.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Thanks Camb, saved me an onerous task.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just signed up to this waccoe site, using one of the many disguises used by me :) , think Lancasterwhites posts on there as i8mufc, linked this thread on there 3 times now, even suggested they join this forum on mass and take it over.

It only takes a few seconds to join, join up have a read, some good stuff on there.
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I like the idea that Don Revie changed the kit to all white because he wanted Leeds to be the Real Madrid of England.

If it hadn’t then filled those shirts with the likes of Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Jack Charlton, Gary (careless hands) Sprake, Paul Madeley and Trevor Cherry then his wants might have got closer to reality.

He was a shite manager of a dirty team who never won much. He then went on to disgrace himself as England manager.

Just goes to show that window dressing might help appearances, but is not the answer to a problem...
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ryan Jarvis

Post by KBEES »

Guys, lookimg at last seasons fixtures I would suggest you average 2,500 a game and just shy of 4,000 for Plymouth who would have had a decent following maybe 1,000?

Plainmore capacity is 5,000 http://www.footballgroundguide.com/torquay_united/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like there is room for Leeds to have half the ground and all are happy, in my experience Leeds will be genuinely bring 3,000+ heading to Torquay even without tickets, if not at the game just for a good time.

Leeds average over 3,000 at away games and that is restricted on the number of tickets given. Several clubs cut Leeds allocation a shining example is Watford would only allow 2,000 Leeds.
http://www.footballforums.net/forums/sh ... ng-2011-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So room for all to enjoy a good game and less of the My Dads bigger than Your Dad nonsence.

FKTS
FKTS
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ryan Jarvis

Post by KBEES »

Sorry douple post.

FKTS
FKTS
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That ground guide is well out of date KBEES, it all depends on our new granstand, their seems to be some confusion as to whether it will be in use for this game or not, it's officaly opened for next game against Stoke.

If it's not in use their will be room for only 4500 , and the other problem their will be , is their is a massive leeds support around the bay and surrounding areas, also we may only ave around 2500, but their are many more casual Torquay fan's around, who will come out for the big games, don't think you will get half the ground.

Also agree time to stop the nonsense, was going to put that wacoe when I have permission to post.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ah ha think I have been sussed, was going to join pretending to be a Leeds fan and have some reverse banter, heck think I have just grown up.. :)
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

ferrarilover wrote:The leader has spoken.

Thank you, Your Majesty.

Matt.
Silence minion.
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

chapeltown kid
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: not sure

Post by chapeltown kid »

Looking forward to a weekend in Torquay for the game , Leeds will be well behaved. Some have mentioned visiting waccoe to view the thread about this game , please do not bother the site is full of nutters , if you must look dont post.

Thank you Torquay for the friendly and all the best for next season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to what should be a game of attractive and attacking football.
Enjoy your visit.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

There's a distinct difference between knuckle draggers who follow LUFC, and good honest Yorkshire folk.

A Tyke will tell it as it is no frills, and will enjoy the banter/humour with a smile on their face while having a beer or several. :nod: :engflag:

Enjoy the pre season friendly and don't drink the pubs dry ! ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by lancasterwhites »

seeing as we have sold our allocation of tickets, what chance we will get another allocation?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

lancasterwhites wrote:seeing as we have sold our allocation of tickets, what chance we will get another allocation?
Try emailing the club - but I suspect this is not your real purpose though is it!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by lancasterwhites »

cambgull wrote: No they don't, they find it hilarious that you were in League 1. Most genuine United fans would rather see your club bust before they see you back in the Premiership
That worked...
Erm... well we've already had a comment on the board from someone about an event which showed Leeds fans weren't so hard. I won't mention it as it's a horrible situation but you can't be that hard. Also, West Ham and Millwall can't win their fights every time. Are you forgetting the times they gave you a kicking?
I highly doubt that a football club from the 70's involving scumbags like Bremner played football like Barcelona do. The difference in skill is gargantuan.
Well yes, that's right. They are a team in our league. Well done, you win the prize! I'd rather beat them than beat you guys because they give us 3 points, you'll just start fights in our pubs because you're a bunch of knuckledraggers.
Banter is having a laugh and a joke with people but it has to be obvious that you're joking, which is why it very rarely works on the internet, especially when the person trying to banter has the ability of a Gnat with the English language. I'm sure in person it will be much easier to have a bit of banter with a beer in hand.

i think you best read this if you dont think man uts are leeds rivals.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/schole ... st-rivals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;