Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by lancasterwhites »

Richinns wrote: Try emailing the club - but I suspect this is not your real purpose though is it!
i will do that thanks. :-D
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Is that really the only thing you could come back with from my whole post?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

This thread is annoying me now, it's pre season, we're playing a big club! (they are a big club!) and people are on about leeds's trouble with other clubs, it's pre season!
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Impressive turnout from the Leeds fans you have to say! Having sold out their 1500 allocation they have now been given another 500 terracing tickets which presumably means part of the Popside will be allocated to them.

If they do manage to shift them, then surely we will be looking at a crowd of 4000+ .... not bad for a pre season friendly!

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2012062 ... 5_2821572?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Blimey! Unseen scenes for a friendly! :O
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is one thing I don't understand about our club, I know the official opening of Bristows bench is the Stoke P-S-F , so I am guessing with Leeds already having 1500 tickets plus an extra 500, the bench is being used for this game, not seen it annouced anywhere.

And our club are now giving Leeds an extra 500 tickets as said, and I have not yet seen any details what so ever , as to when tickets go on sale for home fans, I know quite a few around Newton Abbot and Torquay who support Leeds, don't know about 4000 + Chris, this is more than likely going to sell out, not sure if our club quite understand that, as many more will also come down from Leeds with out tickets, I have been to Elland road a few times with friends who are Leeds fans, Leeds fans are poles apart from anything supporter wise, that we have here at Torquay in some years.

I am coming back from holiday on Friday the 27th, be back just in time, think I will need to get a ticket before I go away.
Formerly known as forevertufc
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by NewtonGull »

If the leeds fans sell out there extra allocation which will then boost it to 2000 official away fans, would that be the record most away fans that has ever visited Plainmoor?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Perhaps in recent years, but I'd be amazed if 2,000 was the biggest ever. Crowds used to be so much bigger years ago and you could fit more people in, especially before Hillsborough. Now there are loads of Health & Safety rules and capacity gets brought down in Terraces.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Well it seems that some of you need to eat a bit of humble pie.
you have given us another 500 tickets to make 2,000 in total.
i suspect its not enough to satisfy all that want to attend, but i dont expect we will get anymore.
now who were the ones saying we would get 1100 or so ??????

a big thankyou to t.u.f.c. for having the foresight to give us a good allocation. :-D
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

lancasterwhites wrote:Well it seems that some of you need to eat a bit of humble pie.
er. We've languished outside of the top 2 divisions for the entirety of our 100+ year history, we get maybe 2,500 in attendance for home games, we've never won anything (Devon Bowl doesn't count), and half of the people in Torquay haven't heard of us. We eat nothing *but* humble pie.

Still better than supporting Leeds though ^.^
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

lancasterwhites wrote:Well it seems that some of you need to eat a bit of humble pie.
No humble pie necessary.
lancasterwhites wrote:
One would say your not going to have much choice.
i expect torquay to only have one section of the ground with leeds fans taking over the rest.
seems my 2,000 was seriously under estimated
. :scarf:
Seems not.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Leeds United have and always will be all hot air

FACT, they took less than 2000 to Bristol City last time out, which is shameful when compared to Torquay's away support pro rata

....in fact it has often been said that the average True Yorkshire man.....was born in Guildford!

They are all cockney's really!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

you have given us another 500 tickets to make 2,000 in total.
i suspect its not enough to satisfy all that want to attend, but i dont expect we will get anymore.
now who were the ones saying we would get 1100 or so ??????

a big thankyou to t.u.f.c. for having the foresight to give us a good allocation. :-D
Mate - we are chuffed to pieces you are bringing so many. It is all extra dollar for us. Not sure why you need to try and prove what a big club you are to us - as we really don't give a toss!

Enjoy your day and thanks for the cash - look forward to seeing Neil and your boys on the day. :-D
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

MidDevon wrote:Leeds United have and always will be all hot air

FACT, they took less than 2000 to Bristol City last time out, which is shameful when compared to Torquay's away support pro rata

....in fact it has often been said that the average True Yorkshire man.....was born in Guildford!

They are all cockney's really!

i feel i have to educate you young man.

if bristol city give us a maximum allocation of 1800 tickets leeds will have less than 2,000 at the game. :slap:

lock up your daughters :lol:
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

You certainly said that in a Surrey accent !

Lancashirewhite is showing his South East pedigree