Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I still do not understand this fantastic support claims, Leeds got less than 20,000 at home to Peterborough and yet got 33,000 against West Ham.

Almost all home games last season saw them struggle to get 22,000 to 23,000 (including away fans) meaning Elland Road is normally only 2/3rds full.....that must look pathetic for football at that level......to think such a well supported club....yet you can no doubt just turn up on the day and pay

This makes Bradford City's 11,000 average home gate very impressive and really they should claim to be Yorkshire's sleeping giant
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ryan Jarvis

Post by KBEES »

Is this thread still floating around, I thought we weren't going to be given any additional tickets. I have mine and my boys and have a couple of mates who were trying to get tickets in the home end as they thought we sold out.
I'll have a word and tell'em to get online and dust down the jester hats.

FKTS
FKTS
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by lancasterwhites »

MidDevon wrote:I still do not understand this fantastic support claims, Leeds got less than 20,000 at home to Peterborough and yet got 33,000 against West Ham.

Almost all home games last season saw them struggle to get 22,000 to 23,000 (including away fans) meaning Elland Road is normally only 2/3rds full.....that must look pathetic for football at that level......to think such a well supported club....yet you can no doubt just turn up on the day and pay

This makes Bradford City's 11,000 average home gate very impressive and really they should claim to be Yorkshire's sleeping giant
i wonder if bradford citys £100 as against our £700 season tickets as anything to do with it?

1,000s of leeds fans are boycotting elland rd until old beaver face as gone.

away fans at elland rd were also very few with the ikes of millwall bringing just 103 fans.
price for away fans £36 adults £29 pensioners £25 children.
in fact we are the fifth most expensive club in english football.
a bloody joke considering we have had no investment on the pitch.

anyway make sure you have plenty of beer and pies as us fat burly leeds fans need fuel to watch the rubbish we put up with.
NW1919
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by NW1919 »

The thing is reference home support is that 90% of our support hates the Chairman and thus boycott home games. However we do always sell out at away games, reference Bristol City away how could we have 2000 fans when the allocation was just 1800 ?

It is rare these days for Leeds to be granted a trip to the coast that does not involve a cold February mid week trip so this fixture was always going to be popular. If Bates goes in the next few weeks then expect a real party atmosphere from the travelling Leeds fans. Bates has raped our club for 7 years and we have had to listen to his false promises for the same length of time.
NW1919
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by NW1919 »

BTW is Man Fridays a decent restaurant as we are thinking of booking there for the Saturday night ?
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KBEES »

NW1919 wrote:BTW is Man Fridays a decent restaurant as we are thinking of booking there for the Saturday night ?
Also, is the Orange Tree any good, I think Mrs KBEES has sorted lunch time Saturday their for us and our little foot soldiers.

TIA (Thanks In Advance)

FKTS
FKTS
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Orange tree is a very good restaurant quiet near the harbour never heard of man Friday tho.If your in town there is a very good cafe at the top of town which is very welcoming called the sandwich bar cafe,I can highly recommend it!oposite the halifax bank.
RayodeMadrid
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by RayodeMadrid »

Amazing! My two favourite English teams are going to face each other. Will Torquay be selling tickets (if so where can I get one?) or will it be pay on the day? I hope it's a great game and that Torquay make some money from it and that both teams achieve promotion this season.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Leeds United as a football club are one of the biggest in the UK without a shadow of doubt. It's a big city, passionate about sport generally that backs it's own football club and will sell out every away game they go to. Be it Torquay, Carlisle, Man Utd, Coventry or Aldershot. Makes no odds. They will comfortably sell out the away end even for a friendly and I think we should be welcoming them in the home ends if they want to. it's a meaningless game, and I've rather have 5-600 fans paying money to TUFC than being snobby over it when we'll barely have anyone there anyway. It's a great chance for our players to test themselves against a club that will be top 6 in the NPC next season imo.

They h8 Ken B8s and rightly so, he's an egomanic and a total helmet which explains their indifferent home support. I am too young to remember when Leeds were the best team around and everyone hated them but this modern dislike to them I have never understood from football fans.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Man Fridays is an excellent restaurant particularly if you like fish. Reasonably priced too. The bar opposite - The Green Room - is also good on a Saturday night.
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KBEES »

Gullscorer wrote:The Orange Tree is very upmarket and expensive..
Doesn't suprise me as Mrs KBEES has booked it. I do not mind fine dining as, but prefer a decent plateful or just fish n chips with scraps from Graveley's. I did say I would take the family for good feed if she let me and my foot soldiers go to the football........ Looks like it's my own fault.
Anyhow Gully, thanks for the heads up and enjoy the game.

BTW, if Bates sells up in the next week or so, which is looking very likely, the Leeds fans will be in extraordinaryly good spirits and the party will be in full swing that weekend.
FKTS
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by lancasterwhites »

Looks like your new stand is open for our game.
once again thankyou torquay utd for a sensible approach in the allocation of tickets.
as for the ones who are bitter and twisted about leeds fans having half of the ground, get over it and think of the money your lovely little club will make.
regards.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Pop-given- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KBEES »

lancasterwhites wrote:Looks like your new stand is open for our game.
once again thankyou torquay utd for a sensible approach in the allocation of tickets.
as for the ones who are bitter and twisted about leeds fans having half of the ground, get over it and think of the money your lovely little club will make.
regards.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Pop-given- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thorny pretending to be I8
FKTS
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'm on holiday so miss this but I'm happy Leeds are getting 2,000 tickets. Imagine it'll be 5000 or so there, which is excellent for a PSF. Bigger attendance than when Stoke come to town, anyway, I'd have thought.