New Goalkeeper

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Reading the comments by Michigan and Scott on Luke McCormick just actually make you realise how far from reality these two really are.
Poor bloke needs a job - well if he got one here I wouldn't be setting foot inside Plainmoor. Of course he didn't mean to kill anyone, nor did the young player who was on loan to us (can't remember his name) who was doing 110 mph in his car and texting someone at the same time when he took an innocent motorist out.
In the case of McCormick I think I'm right in saying that he drove a vehicle which wasn't his, wasn't insured and caused the death of other people by his actions - wasn't it at five in the morning or something.
There are never any winners in cases like this - only victims.
We had one down here two nights ago - a motorist hit a lamp post at 0230 in the morning - accident caused by a car driver who was arrested for drink driving.
I have attended more fatal accidents than I care to remember - if the two stooges had witnessed the carnage that I have seen they would not regard this kind of wanton recklessness with such flippancy.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I,ve discussed this before to generally disagreeable responses but i 100% agree with Brucie, if McCormick were offered a contract at Torquay then i would not support them anymore. It is totally abhorrent and unacceptable for a 'family' club to even contemplate employing someone who has decimated family life regardless of if it was an accident. Sure, McCormick has to continue his life but i would hope that ANY employer approached by him would have the moral fibre to decline his services out of respect for a family torn apart by his actions.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:Reading the comments by Michigan and Scott on Luke McCormick just actually make you realise how far from reality these two really are.
Poor bloke needs a job - well if he got one here I wouldn't be setting foot inside Plainmoor. Of course he didn't mean to kill anyone, nor did the young player who was on loan to us (can't remember his name) who was doing 110 mph in his car and texting someone at the same time when he took an innocent motorist out.
In the case of McCormick I think I'm right in saying that he drove a vehicle which wasn't his, wasn't insured and caused the death of other people by his actions - wasn't it at five in the morning or something.
We had one down here two nights ago - a motorist hit a lamp post at 0230 in the morning - accident caused by a car driver who was arrested for drink driving.
I have attended more fatal accidents than I care to remember - if the two stooges had witnessed the carnage that I have seen they would not regard this kind of wanton recklessness with such flippancy.
Wish we had signed him now.
Last edited by usagullmichigan on 28 Jun 2012, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:Reading the comments by Michigan and Scott on Luke McCormick just actually make you realise how far from reality these two really are.
Brucie - (Yes, I will bite),

As always, you have NO idea about me, my life and what I have and have not seen, so how you can say I am far from reality is taking the biscuit.

I thought you had stopped going to Plainmoor anyway - certainly not been going half as much as you used to, so going a little bit less than hardly ever is hardly going to be that noticeable anyway.

I have seen plenty of fatal accidents in my time - including several due to people being drunk at the wheel. I have had to attend the houses of those people that have been killed and informed their loved ones of the incident, and that their loved one has sadly died.
I have also attended accidents caused by speedsters alone, have also been assaulted by drunks, been called plenty of names under the sun by young and old (both drunk and sober), and numerous other things.

So, it's fair to say I am not approaching this topic with any degree of flippancy thanks.

I still stand by the comments I have made on this thread. If you disagree then fine, but don't try to give it the big old bluster of "If you'd ever been there you would think differently", because quite frankly, I have, and I don't.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

austrianandygull wrote:I,ve discussed this before to generally disagreeable responses but i 100% agree with Brucie, if McCormick were offered a contract at Torquay then i would not support them anymore. It is totally abhorrent and unacceptable for a 'family' club to even contemplate employing someone who has decimated family life regardless of if it was an accident. Sure, McCormick has to continue his life but i would hope that ANY employer approached by him would have the moral fibre to decline his services out of respect for a family torn apart by his actions.
Whilst I respect your opinion, what were your thoughts on us employing Zebs? Ok, he didn't kill anybody - but he wounded somebody with malice....

STIP
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Scott Brehaut wrote: Whilst I respect your opinion, what were your thoughts on us employing Zebs? Ok, he didn't kill anybody - but he wounded somebody with malice....
IZebs intended to seriously hurt someone with a risk of killing them

BTW I think brucie's comment to just goes to show how narrow minded some people can be.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I didn't actually know about what happened with Zebs until you have just informed me now. I don't know the ins and outs as i've only just found out but in my book if Zebs intended to seriously hurt someone then he has no brains and i do not wish to support somebody who carries out these mindless actions. So, if i had known about Zebs then i would have stopped supporting TUFC until his departure.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Here's a theory. My boss drinks and drives every night (this is true BTW) I tell him all the time you are going to get done soon or have an accident and kill someone. Let's say he does kill someone, he goes to jail and then is released. Then what....Then what? He has to live, he has to pay his way. If McCormick couldn't work he would be on social then people would bitch that we are paying for killer to get free money.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I don't mind if he gets free money, so long as it is the same as everyone else struggling to get by on 90 odd quid a week benefits and he doesn't get special treatment. He can struggle everyday like some of the 'decent' folk who have to struggle every day through life on benefits. Maybe McCormick will then think and reflect on the sickening trauma he has caused to an innocent family. Take a look at Lee Hughes, he is that remorseful for his error and so thankful and desperate to lead an honest life that he is out in nightclubs molesting women. When will you people realise that these people do things like drink driving, taking cars etc because they don't give a **** about anybody else but themselves. Why should they change and suddenly feel guilt or remorse just because they have been caught? Once their life is back on track they always revert to type and start being complete wankers again.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

austrianandygull wrote:I don't mind if he gets free money, so long as it is the same as everyone else struggling to get by on 90 odd quid a week benefits and he doesn't get special treatment. He can struggle everyday like some of the 'decent' folk who have to struggle every day through life on benefits. Maybe McCormick will then think and reflect on the sickening trauma he has caused to an innocent family. Take a look at Lee Hughes, he is that remorseful for his error and so thankful and desperate to lead an honest life that he is out in nightclubs molesting women. When will you people realise that these people do things like drink driving, taking cars etc because they don't give a f**k about anybody else but themselves. Why should they change and suddenly feel guilt or remorse just because they have been caught? Once their life is back on track they always revert to type and start being complete w**k again.
Do you not think McCormick beats himself up everyday for what he did? I grant Lee Hughes is ahole, He has proven that he cares for no one. McCormick could be living with his guilt. I know I would.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

For the record (and this takes nothing away from what he has done), McCormick was driving his own car, and was both drunk and speeding.
He served half of his sentence.
This article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... nce-debate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; sums up very well the arguments on this thread.

There is no common ground here - you will get the likes of myself and Michigan that will be on one side of the fence, and others on the other.

STIP
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

austrianandygull wrote:I didn't actually know about what happened with Zebs until you have just informed me now.... So, if i had known about Zebs then i would have stopped supporting TUFC until his departure.
Jesus, Andy, do you just support our club on Teletext?! I don't wish to be vindictive, but if you are going to spend so much time passing comment on my hometown football team, perhaps you ought to inform yourself a little more?
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Oh and while we are on the subject. Player off the top of my head that have had previous problems, Mark Loram (endless list with him), Carl Airey, David Graham, Lee Canoville.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

austrianandygull wrote:I don't mind if he gets free money, so long as it is the same as everyone else struggling to get by on 90 odd quid a week benefits and he doesn't get special treatment. He can struggle everyday like some of the 'decent' folk who have to struggle every day through life on benefits. Maybe McCormick will then think and reflect on the sickening trauma he has caused to an innocent family. Take a look at Lee Hughes, he is that remorseful for his error and so thankful and desperate to lead an honest life that he is out in nightclubs molesting women. When will you people realise that these people do things like drink driving, taking cars etc because they don't give a f**k about anybody else but themselves. Why should they change and suddenly feel guilt or remorse just because they have been caught? Once their life is back on track they always revert to type and start being complete w**k again.
Reverting to type for Luke McCormick would be being a decent lad making a decent living out of football. He messed up royally yes, but he hasbt run away from what he's done.

Your arguement only works if you think all drink drivers shouldnt be allowed to work. s Ive said, and Im not proud of it, in my younger days Idrank drove a bit. I certainly never considered myself a malicious, nasty or danderous person, although clearly the potential to be very dangerous was there. Should I not be able to work because of stupidity 8/9years ago. It took a mate having a, thankfully harmless, accident to make me realise how stupid it was. Luke got very, very unlucky, but was very vdry stupid. In turn, something awful happened.

I doubt, from your tone, you have ever drink driven yourself, if you have, you certainly shouldnt be having your opinion, if you havent, I sure as hell hope you dont count anyone who has ever done so as a friend
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

That facw tbing was not intentional. Please remove if possible