Bodin back to Torquay!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Spagull wrote:Haven't been on here for a long long time but thought I would re register, I see the Victor Meldrew of this site is still alive and moaning _ _ _ :
Agree with all you say, but must add that Victor Meldrew was often right, whereas Brucie is always wrong (just check his predictions). I also thought that Victor Meldrew was funny, but Brucie is about as funny as a dose of the flu. New and potentially new players should ignore the rants of Mr Brucie, the grouch of Plainmoor.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

gullintwoplaces wrote: New and potentially new players should ignore the rants of Mr Brucie, the grouch of Plainmoor.
When he's not avoiding the place due to not liking a player/manager

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unfortunately I am only able to bet more or less at Betfair as I am banned or have accounts restricted at most of the online bookies.
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

brucie wrote:Unfortunately I am only able to bet more or less at Betfair as I am banned or have accounts restricted at most of the online bookies.
Why?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

NA Gull wrote: Why?
Something to do with the size of his his head I expect.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Because when brucie loses he argues with the betting companies that they are wrong and they should pay up his winnings.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Rumour on Swindon forum yesterday that Swindon has just sold Bodin, but to which club is not known. Did Torquay make an increased offer which was accepted? We await further news..!!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Seems like we have gone back in with a higher offer (70k?) and are just about there in terms of a fee. I don't imagine agreeing personal terms will present too much of a problem and so, fingers crossed, we should hear soon enough that young Billy is on his way back to us.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/ne ... y_switch/?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote:Seems like we have gone back in with a higher offer (70k?) and are just about there in terms of a fee. I don't imagine agreeing personal terms will present too much of a problem and so, fingers crossed, we should hear soon enough that young Billy is on his way back to us.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/ne ... y_switch/?
Wow - 70k is a fair bit for us but could be a very wise investment. Great news if this reporting is correct and all the ends get tied up.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

If this is true it shows a real statement of where the club are going and where we want to be, I believe we haven't paid a fee for a player in the last 5 years or so. Plus as it currently stands we are still £310,000 up, still a nice little kitty for wages and more importantly training grounds. Very pleased with the way things are going so far this summer.
Bodin was a good additiion to the team and offers something we really lacked in the latter half of the season, ball retention on the wing and a little more pace than Morro.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I also think Bodin could play two roles - up with Rene and also on the wing. Hope this goes through soon and sod off Brucie before you start!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

This would be terrific - Bodin is exactly the type of player we need, and would give our squad a much sharper edge.

£70k is a big fee for us, but we would still be well ahead on our summer dealings, and Bodin is still young enough to be protected by tribunal when his (hopefully) 3 year contract ends, so unless he totally flops we would surely get a least a matching fee, and if he develops as we hope then possibly a lot more before then. A much safer signing than Constantine for example.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

SDYellow wrote:If this is true it shows a real statement of where the club are going and where we want to be, I believe we haven't paid a fee for a player in the last 5 years or so. Plus as it currently stands we are still £310,000 up, still a nice little kitty for wages and more importantly training grounds. Very pleased with the way things are going so far this summer.
Bodin was a good additiion to the team and offers something we really lacked in the latter half of the season, ball retention on the wing and a little more pace than Morro.
For me it's more the standard of the player we're getting rather than spending money for the sake of it. We've done pretty well in the last 2 or 3 years really with the majority of our signings.

Bodin is a decent young player, I don't think he's as key a player as being made out but he improves us if he signs. If we are to continue this formation then I see him on the left hand side and Jarvis on the right. That looks to have better balance and more attacking threat than what we had last season. With Stevens and possibly a rejuvenated Macklin as backup i like that balance more. Ideally I'd like to see Morris used mainly as a central midfielder who could cover out wide if needs be, not the other way round.

I would still hope for us to sign another proper centre forward, Logan isn't happening now which I am in 2 minds about, don't think he's a particularly great player but would have been a useful cover option for Rene. We need another proper centre forward who is proven in the FL to come in and offer something different to Rene as there is now ay he's playing 90mins of 46 games this season. Bodin and Jarvis both aren't out and out strikers for me.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Another suggestion that the deal is almost done:

http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=286109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;