Lee Hughes

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: O'Kane

Lee Hughes

Post by shaunicus »

Probably nothing in this whatsoever but I saw Lee Hughes (yes, *that* Lee Hughes) out jogging by the seafront earlier.

I'm guessing he's just holidaying, and I doubt we can afford him but having a look around it seems other clubs are being linked with him.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

No way Ling would bring that scumbag in to rock the boat.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

He's 36 years old isn't he? Or is there a different Lee Hughes from the West Brom (now Notts County) player who was jailed for causing death by dangerous driving..?
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

shaunicus wrote:Probably nothing in this whatsoever but I saw Lee Hughes (yes, *that* Lee Hughes) out jogging by the seafront earlier.

I'm guessing he's just holidaying, and I doubt we can afford him but having a look around it seems other clubs are being linked with him.
you saw him jogging by the seafront and you didn't push him in ?? very disappointing =D
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Probably nothing in this whatsoever but I saw Lee Hughes (yes, *that* Lee Hughes) out jogging by the seafront earlier

Wonder what he was running from this time?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Richinns wrote:Probably nothing in this whatsoever but I saw Lee Hughes (yes, *that* Lee Hughes) out jogging by the seafront earlier

Wonder what he was running from this time?
Dunno, but he's obviously on the run.. :~D
Spagull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Spagull »

Perhaps he was legging it after he had just ploughed head on into some innocent family under the influence of a cocktail of drugs, leaving 3 kids without a dad, and leaving one chap crippled for life (allegedly). Well if he does sign we can all buy Hugh's masks, and bask in the glory of having the biggest scumbag to have ever played the game. Sorry don't like him much :)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

really hope he's not down with a view to signing a contract with us, he annoys me so much, with his big sweaty bald head and that stupid dance!

saying that if he was to score 30 goals and get us promoted, would any of us be prepared to accept him?

it's a tough call but I reckon st martin wouldn't even entertain the thought?
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not to concerned about this at all, have a funny feeling that signing a centre back will complete Lingys summer shopping, don't think Lingy is looking for another striker, Jarvis and Bodin completed that department.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Lingy has already said that a centre half is all he needs to complete his 24 man squad. If it was Hughes, he's probably just enjoying the last of his time off before pre-season starts.

A non-story
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

If we ever signed Lee Hughes I would leave a steaming pile of faeces on the centre circle to display my displeasure at this move.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Spagull wrote:Perhaps he was legging it after he had just ploughed head on into some innocent family under the influence of a cocktail of drugs, leaving 3 kids without a dad, and leaving one chap crippled for life (allegedly). Well if he does sign we can all buy Hugh's masks, and bask in the glory of having the biggest scumbag to have ever played the game. Sorry don't like him much :)
Really?

Have to agree. I would stop supporting TUFC if that scumbag was signed up. Makes my blood boil. :@
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

According to some, Hughes has served his punishment and now 'deserves' a second chance. A bit like the McCormick scenario. Second chances are fine and i'm all for it but if lives are lost in an incident, intended or not then they should be left to rot in their own shit. No second chances. Stealing a load of meat from a local supermarket whilst out of it on drugs is worthy of a second chance, wiping out families is not. Sorry for banging the drum again as i've been through all this with the McCormick thing but if Hughes rocked up at Plainmoor, i would be so disgusted and revolted that i could seriously consider going to the dark side and becoming an Exeter fan. I feel that strongly about situations like this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

austrianandygull wrote:According to some, Hughes has served his punishment and now 'deserves' a second chance. A bit like the McCormick scenario. Second chances are fine and i'm all for it but if lives are lost in an incident, intended or not then they should be left to rot in their own sh*t. No second chances. Stealing a load of meat from a local supermarket whilst out of it on drugs is worthy of a second chance, wiping out families is not. Sorry for banging the drum again as i've been through all this with the McCormick thing but if Hughes rocked up at Plainmoor, i would be so disgusted and revolted that i could seriously consider going to the dark side and becoming an Exeter fan. I feel that strongly about situations like this.
Lee Hughes is different. He ran from the scene, he also has numerous other incidents in his life. McCormick stayed at the scene of the accident, was remorseful and is apparently a good character. Lee Hughes crashed on the way home from a club. McCormick was drinking went to be then drove. Whilst not staggering around drunk he was still way over the limit.

None of this makes it all ok, they are just to different people.
Last edited by usagullmichigan on 06 Jul 2012, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The Hughes situation and the McCormick situation are totally different in my opinion.

Everybody "deserves" a second chance - it's what you do with it that counts. From what I can see McCormick has shown remorse and, (I say this next bit without knowing him obviously), appears to want to put it all behind him and get on with his life.
If (and that is a big if!!) he screws up again, then one would have to question whether he has "learnt his lesson"

Hughes on the other hand appears to want to have more and more "second" chances and, in my opinion, deserves to be thrown back into prison and the key rather conveniently lost. Whatever lesson he was supposed to have learnt has been either forgotten, or just ignored.

Both men are idiots for doing what they have done. Only one of them seems to be in any way remorseful.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com