Portsmouth in League 2 next season?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Cheltenham(shire) would replace them as they lost the play off final, I'll be gutted if that happens though! Was looking forward to watch us get some pay back from the semi-finals!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Cheltenham(shire) would replace them as they lost the play off final, I'll be gutted if that happens though! Was looking forward to watch us get some pay back from the semi-finals!
No they wouldn't - the fixtures have been announced now and memberships ratified by the FA. If Pompey drop out then L1 would run with 23 clubs this season, and only one club would be relegated from L2.

Was reading about the Pompey situation today, its eye-watering that Tal Ben Haim is on £36k per week. He's utterly dire - they are never going to get anyone to take him off their hands with players on that sort of money. Varney, Norris, Halford, Lawrence, Kitson and Huseklepp should all be able to find Championship clubs if they can moderate their financial demands, and Kanu will most likely retire, but that'll still leave Ben Haim with his extorionate salary.

I actually hope they survive as a club - quite how they are going to do that I don't know. I understand they can't register any new players so could be starting the season with kids, but at least it keeps their club alive. Its better than having to start again down the Wessex league or something.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Magic :rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Jeff wrote: No they wouldn't - the fixtures have been announced now and memberships ratified by the FA. If Pompey drop out then L1 would run with 23 clubs this season, and only one club would be relegated from L2.

Was reading about the Pompey situation today, its eye-watering that Tal Ben Haim is on £36k per week. He's utterly dire - they are never going to get anyone to take him off their hands with players on that sort of money. Varney, Norris, Halford, Lawrence, Kitson and Huseklepp should all be able to find Championship clubs if they can moderate their financial demands, and Kanu will most likely retire, but that'll still leave Ben Haim with his extorionate salary.

I actually hope they survive as a club - quite how they are going to do that I don't know. I understand they can't register any new players so could be starting the season with kids, but at least it keeps their club alive. Its better than having to start again down the Wessex league or something.

How does that work? do you mean only 1 league 2 club getting relegated at the end of the season? :|
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

If Portsmouth go bust League 1 will run with 23 teams.

In 2012/13, only three teams will be relegated from League 1, with the usual 4 from League 2 promoted. League 2/BSP relegation/promotion will be unaffected. And thus the equilibrium is restored.

The FA always revoke promotions rather than awarding extra promotions.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Kit_robin wrote:If Portsmouth go bust League 1 will run with 23 teams.

In 2012/13, only three teams will be relegated from League 1, with the usual 4 from League 2 promoted. League 2/BSP relegation/promotion will be unaffected. And thus the equilibrium is restored.

The FA always revoke promotions rather than awarding extra promotions.
Can't be right as that will still equal only 91 League clubs. To make it 92 only 1 can be relegated from League 2 or 2 still go down with 3 coming up from the BSP
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Richinns wrote: Can't be right as that will still equal only 91 League clubs. To make it 92 only 1 can be relegated from League 2 or 2 still go down with 3 coming up from the BSP
You would have to get another club up from Conference at the end of the season...OR...perhaps the newco Rangers could join if they don't get any joy from SFL as there are still rumblings there. (Not a serious suggestion btw - although, personally, I wouldn't mind)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

It is said that Rome wasn't built in a day . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . but Pompeii was destroyed in one.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:

The best take on Downfall was from one of our own. For those who haven't seen it . . . . . .

Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes; good one. But in my imagination I see the word 'Sillsy' replaced by 'Stubbsy'.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Trojan 67 wrote:
The best take on Downfall was from one of our own. For those who haven't seen it . . . . . .

Grazie mille for posting this, I had lost it, but have now saved it again :) :) :) :)