O'Kane to Bournemouth CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

rachii12 wrote:Can someone explain to me why some Torquay fans hate Bournemouth?

Please don't kill me because I don't know. :-/
We don't hate Ballmouth, but some harbour a mild distaste for them because of the events of Monday, December 28th 2009, when a certain Mr Singh decided that he would award not only a yellow card to every player with two testicles, but a penalty in the 90th minute for the most blatant dive since Tom Daley in Beijing, which was won by (now Plymouth manager) Steve Fletcher and converted by Brett Pitman to secure them a 2-1 victory. Fletcher admitted immediately after the match that he had dived, although a large number of Ballmouth fans came here and delighted in telling us that they all had a perfect view of the "foul", ignoring completely the words of their hero.

Singh never refereed again, Fletcher never dived again and we haven't seen the Ballmouth fans in there parts for many a year.

As to the suggestion that they are a sideways move, I disagree. They are a good club with excellent footballing philosophy, a few quid behind them, good support and the genuine potential to be real contenders over the next season or two.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote: We don't hate Ballmouth, but some harbour a mild distaste for them because of the events of Monday, December 28th 2009, when a certain Mr Singh decided that he would award not only a yellow card to every player with two testicles, but a penalty in the 90th minute for the most blatant dive since Tom Daley in Beijing, which was won by (now Plymouth manager) Steve Fletcher and converted by Brett Pitman to secure them a 2-1 victory. Fletcher admitted immediately after the match that he had dived, although a large number of Ballmouth fans came here and delighted in telling us that they all had a perfect view of the "foul", ignoring completely the words of their hero.

Singh never refereed again, Fletcher never dived again and we haven't seen the Ballmouth fans in there parts for many a year.

As to the suggestion that they are a sideways move, I disagree. They are a good club with excellent footballing philosophy, a few quid behind them, good support and the genuine potential to be real contenders over the next season or two.

Matt.
Good story, nicely told. But I think you're mixing up Steve Fletcher with the current Argyle manager Carl Fletcher.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Come on Matt, Bournemouth are going nowhere. They choked when in a good pozzy last term and with stronger teams in l1 next season they will struggle. In terms of playing at a higher level for Eunan then obviously Bournemouth is a step up but in terms of difference in quality between us and them i don't see too much difference. In addition i can't see the Cherries doing anything other than mediocrity. It might suit Eunan to be a star in an average team and so then he will get another move further up the ladder eventually but Bournemouth won't be pulling up any trees so i just hope he doesn't become an established lower league player and not reach his full potential.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh **** sticks, you're right Steve, this comes from a conversation I had with Diamondgirl in the car earlier.

Sorry Rachii, my bad, Steve Fletcher is the donkey feltcher, Carl Fletcher has, to the best of my knowledge, never sexually assaulted an animal.

Matt.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:Oh f**k sticks, you're right Steve, this comes from a conversation I had with Diamondgirl in the car earlier.

Sorry Rachii, my bad, Steve Fletcher is the donkey feltcher, Carl Fletcher has, to the best of my knowledge, never sexually assaulted an animal.

Matt.
Understandable mistake. I could feel the rage spilling over in your post, and when in that mental state it is hard for anyone to know which Fletcher is which!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I,ve seen it a few times now but, as a northerner i ant gorra clue, what the **** is 'my bad'!? I presume it means 'sorry my mistake'? Am i correct in this assumption?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You are correct Andy, welcome to the 21st Century!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheeky ****! I listen to the Postal Service and they're modern! :slap: :lol:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Actually, they were sooooooo 2003 to 2005.
Luke.

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

austrianandygull wrote:I,ve seen it a few times now but, as a northerner i ant gorra clue, what the f**k is 'my bad'!? I presume it means 'sorry my mistake'? Am i correct in this assumption?
Haha, you know what, Andy, I actually gave some consideration to the inclusion of that particular phrase. It is a disgusting Americanism which, as you have correctly deduced, means "my mistake". I detest anything from the land of the stupid and the home of the fat, but "my bad" is a jolly useful phrase on the sports field, being so succinct and direct, that, here, on a football forum, its use seems rather less foreign and somehow more applicable.

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No need to apologise my good man, now i know what it means. Bloody yanks, they get everywhere. ( sorry happy and usa ).
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Boremouth are not a sideways step at all. I think it's a good move for Eunan.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I'd actually say this is a very good move for Eunan. It'll give him a very good idea of what level he can really play. If he's still a stand-out player for Bournemouth, he can definitely play Championship football. If he's average, he knows his level and if he's not so great, we can have him back for a cut price deal, thank you very much!
Luke.

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

cambgull wrote:I'd actually say this is a very good move for Eunan. It'll give him a very good idea of what level he can really play. If he's still a stand-out player for Bournemouth, he can definitely play Championship football. If he's average, he knows his level and if he's not so great, we can have him back for a cut price deal, thank you very much!
So you're assuming the Gulls won't be promoted, then..?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Well, you never know. But that's the point, we have no idea where we'll end up.
Luke.