Fleetwood Town v Torquay United - 18/8/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:
Then i was sat on the park bench outsidenthe ground near the duck pond where all i could hear was kids setting off bangers and another family walk past throwing bread in for the ducks. A chipnicker managed to get in there first ( one up for the chipnickers! hooray! )

Edited for accuracy. :rules:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:bow: :clap:

forgot, sorry troj! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

austrianandygull wrote:Agree Jeff. Not particularly singling out Fleetwood as an outstanding example of grimness but i drove around many of the side streets and much of the town centre as i got lost and it was horrendous. You're right about the road, it just seems that the more north you go on THAT road in , the more away from normality you are. When you are there it just hits you and there is no signposts whatsoever. Considering they want to become a 'bi'g club and it was their first game in the football league, it was pretty bad. There was no atmosphere, it was just a dead place with dead fans. Obviously the club has no league history and it showed. They just didn't seem to make the effort. There was no refreshments outlet in the away end we had to walk round into the main stand and you couldn't even find where the main entrance was as it was hidden away on a side street with no signs. The stadium itself is quite good, it's just the environs and the lack of atmosphere and feeling that you're at a league match that is the issue.
Well, we found the ground without a hitch (a map or one of those modern sat nav thingies is quite useful) and as for the refreshment outlet, we asked and were directed straight to it.
As for being hidden away on a side street, Plainmoor is hardly stuck out in the town centre.
Had no problems at all yesterday, and like i stated earlier, we had a great day (apart from the lack of a win) 8/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

sorry yellow monkey, just read your comment on howe, lets see at the end of the season mate, he works his socks off up front on his own
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We talk about Fleetwood being Accrington- on -sea, but I thought Barrow was more like Fleetwood, I remember going there on our promotion year(1-1, Hargreaves scoring). I for some reason decided after the match to watch the Newc match in the Kings arms, boy was I glad to be able to get home safely. Positives though was the Toilets, friendly club bar and stewards.
Lucy
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

yellowmonkey wrote:basing it on a striker putting the ball in the back of the net, taking oppurtunities given to him
He's rubbish that Howe! Ha