Help from Gulls exiled abroad.......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I can't believe you lot are still doing all this tech talk! I keep on coming back to this thread (foolishly) to see if it is referring to anything Torquay-related. But no, I get to read you lot arguing over who has more RAM and other nonsensical crap.

For the record, my phone is awful.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

And you've just added to it, numbnuts :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I am with stevegull.

I have a Nokia C2. It is a mobile phone. I use it to hold telephone conversations.

Sometimes I want to RAM it up other people’s bottoms...although being with Vodafone I believe that this could have an adverse effect on the clarity of the communication.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

yellow wrote:I am with stevegull.

I have a Nokia C2. It is a mobile phone. I use it to hold telephone conversations.

Sometimes I want to RAM it up other people’s bottoms...although being with Vodafone I believe that this could have an adverse effect on the clarity of the communication.

I hope you two are very happy together.

I must admit that I didn't see it coming but I wish you much happiness in your few remaining years :)
Dave

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Here's one for the oldies with their rubbish phones!

As I sat down in the pub with my pint, I put my Nokia 3310 on the table in front of me. My mate immediately burst out laughing and put his iPhone next to mine. I gave it a disdainful look.

"Why don't you get a better phone, mate?" he asked.

"I don't need one." I replied. "My phone does everything that I need and it's better than yours."

He burst out laughing again. "Better than mine?" he roared. "Mine has 3G, Wi-Fi, the iMessage service, a best-in-class browser, five megapixel camera, access to the App Store for virtually unlimited customisation plus a built-in iPod for all my music. If yours is better than mine, I'll give you my phone."

"I don't want your phone." I said, "Mine's the best, why would I want a second-best, second-hand phone? I tell you what, though, if I can prove that mine is better than yours, how about you give me the cash equivalent of your phone?"

"You're on!" he crowed. "Show me something with your phone and I'll show you how mine is better."

Casually, I knocked my phone off the table.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hahaha, saw it coming, but a thoroughly decent joke anyway.

As to the "it's a phone for phone calls" argument, with the advent if mobile internet and the smartphone, that ceased to be valid. My "phone" is only called a phone because that is one of its many, many eternally useful functions. Indeed, I'm writing this post on it now.

Yeah, fine, have an old Nokia if all you want is to be able to make and receive calls on the move, but even excluding the frippery, I am delighted to have maps, the OED and OET, radio times, calculator and all manner of other genuinely useful (and sometimes vital) in my pocket all the while.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

and so the answer to the original question is..........
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

42?
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

yellow wrote:I am with stevegull.

:nod: :-D

nicktufc wrote:and so the answer to the original question is..........
yellow wrote:42?
[/quote]

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Well, I've been doing my research, I got to borrow an S3 for a week and ran some tests on it using different apps and trying out things that interest me personally and I have to admit it's a lot better than I gave it credit.

I'm still not an Android fan and going back to an iPhone is like getting back in your own bed after being away on holiday sleeping in a tent but after holding out in wait for the release of the iPhone 5 I have to say its release has left me severely underwhelmed. I'm genuinely stuck between the S3 and the iPhone 5 with a head over heart lean towards the S3. I think a lot of iSheep will be in the same quandry as me, I genuinely don't want an Android phone but it looks like I might end up getting one. A lot of the things I could do in regards to altering the software on the iPhone can also be done with the S3 and I ended up being able to overclock it to 1.84 GHz, pretty good for such a small cpu.

Matt and Steve, you both know I love a good debate but I think this proves I'm not blinded by my own beliefs and will try to keep an open mind whatever I might say in reply, thanks for the replies and thanks for at least prompting me to investigate further.
Dave