Port Vale v Torquay United - 1/9/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Twitter suggests that Sullivan travels with the first team for Saturday's match.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:Twitter suggests that Sullivan travels with the first team for Saturday's match.

Matt.
Yeah but twitter also tells us Roy Cropper is a terrible axe-weilding rapist.

http://x.com/TheRoyCropper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Note: Link may not be for the faint-hearted)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ling hasn't got alot of choice. He has to play the youngster as Downes is only out for one match. Thompson will no doubt keep his place deservedly after last weeks effort.
No wonder Cruise won't be playing - he was awful last week.
Its a big ask for a young centre half though.
I would expect a high scoring game though.
On last weeks game Howe,Bodin and Thompson could well outscore how many Vale can get. Would not be suprised to see it finish 5-5.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

stevegull wrote: Yeah but twitter also tells us Roy Cropper is a terrible axe-weilding rapist.

http://x.com/TheRoyCropper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Note: Link may not be for the faint-hearted)
:rofl:

I've come across this before, very very funny. Almost as funny as GusTheFox. Could, happily read, ' Twitter RELIABLY informs us...', the Twit came from the boy himself.

Matt.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:
Nick, you say they've got better, but then say that they finished (effectively) 3 points outside the playoffs, but will fall short again this year. Make up your mind, old boy.
Better than last years 12th placed finish Matt. :P
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Hahaha, ok, I'll let you off. Little bit stuck with PV, mainly because I don't care about them in the slightest, I am totally uninterested in where they finish, just that on their way to finishing in position X, they furnish us with 6 points.

Matt.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Its confirmed Danny Sullivan and Jake Hutchings have travelled to Port Vale and a part of the 18 man squad, these two will be a big loss for the youth team but it will be intriguing to see how they cope without them as in my opinion they are two very exciting players. it is also a fantastic opportunity for the boys to be around the first team and gain valuable matchday experience. These are exciting times with our youth getting a chance and the system flourishing.
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Marti ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

So is Baker in the squad for tomorrow as well then? At least one of Baker, Hutchins or Sullivan looks likely to be on the bench in any case.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

two will be on the bench 19 players have travelled with 18 being involved on matchday so one will miss out but at away matches you always take one or two extra in case of sickness.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I thought Baker was suspended for a couple of games anyway as he had a suspension overhanging from his previous club?

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Karl- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Yes your right baker hasn't travelled due to suspension so it's a toss up for the place on the bench between Hutchings and Sullivan.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I know Sullivan has been smashing in the goals for the youth team, but JH doesn't ring a bell.

Matt.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Ah hadn't seen the article about Baker in the HE, clears a few things up.

Interesting that we are also playing the Nike Academy XI, especially when Ling said today he would supplement the squad in future with loanees and free transfers. Tuesday an audition for some of the Nike XI contingent perhaps?
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Matt Jake Hutchings joined the club in July but played in the first 2 pre season games against the marines and Tiverton after only being at the club for two weeks. And now travelling with the squad again i think shows he's a pretty decent prospect.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Bloody hell, delighted. I don't remember him, despite being at both the relevant PSF, that's more a reflection on me than him, I fear.

Matt.