Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I can't stand footballers, y'know, and particularly football managers, who are, well, y'know, inarticulate in interviews, y'know, 'cause at the end of the day, kind of thing, y'know, it's not good enough, but you got to feel for them really, y'know, 'cause we're all in it together, y'know what I mean, yeah, definitely.. :-/

I mean, for one thing, wot 'appened to their personality, know wot I mean..? :|
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

The ex St Neots Town and now Histon manager comes down my local pub and he is completely different in interviews to out with mates.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I guess some people are never good at interviews for lack of self-confidence. Like a fish out of water - or in a goldfish bowl..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Is it compulsory for people to overturn their caravans on major highways on bank holiday weekends?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

austrianandygull wrote:Is it compulsory for people to overturn their caravans on major highways on bank holiday weekends?
They don't. It's just the caravans trying to get away from them.. ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Doesn't it just piss you off when you click onto a website and then some random video starts playing at a thousand decibels and gives you a feckin heart attack?! If i want to watch it i'll click on it and watch it, by automatically commencing it makes me annoyed and i'll switch it off so therefore you are defeating the object of getting people to watch it. Morons!
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

austrianandygull wrote:Doesn't it just piss you off when you click onto a website and then some random video starts playing at a thousand decibels and gives you a feckin heart attack?! If i want to watch it i'll click on it and watch it, by automatically commencing it makes me annoyed and i'll switch it off so therefore you are defeating the object of getting people to watch it. Morons!
It's worse when you don't know which tab the sounds coming from :@
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Old people in the swimming baths. Four abreast across the pool yapping away and never moving for anyone. They think they have a divine right to swim in a straight line therefore forcing the rest of us to stop mid pool and tread water whilst they finish gassing about who's died this week. Unbelievable!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: a white, english, able bodied hetosexual male and member of the most descrimated agains't group in modern Britain.
I've had to read that five times to make sure I've read it correctly. You think that white, able bodied, heterosexuals are the most discrimated group?
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gulliball wrote: I've had to read that five times to make sure I've read it correctly. You think that white, able bodied, heterosexuals are the most discrimated group?
No. White, able bodied, heterosexual MALES are the most dicriminated against group, due to positive discrimination in favour of ethnic, disabled, homosexual females.

Try applying for a job in the NHS or your local council where they have 'quotas' of these groups to fill. I recently went for an interview at a local hospital. I was the only white bloke there. I should have pissed the job, it was for a porter ffs (I've got a B-tech in Mechanical Engineering, 7 'O' levels when they were hard to pass including English, Maths, Chemistry and Physics, plus numerous qualifications while working at one of the local comprehensive schools blah blah etc.) I wanted a job working with people who appreciate what you are doing for them and get no shit from management. A very close mate of mine works there. I didn't get it, and my mate later told me they have to employ a certain percentage from ethnic minorities.
Also, I asked for the last 4 days off work (without pay) prior to the six week holidays as my daughter was getting married on 21st July and I'd told her I'd help out with the final arrangements, rehearsals etc. I was turned down despite there being no lessons at school that week.
In May a colleague who does the same job as me was granted THREE weeks off for her daughters wedding, and her daughter who also worked at the school got the same 3 weeks off.
Oh yes, two female Sikhs got 3 weeks off as the kids approached their exams, a white bloke was refused 4 days of the quietest week of the year even though the request was for the same reason!
Now tell me I'm not discriminated agains't! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: No. White, able bodied, heterosexual MALES are the most dicriminated against group, due to positive discrimination in favour of ethnic, disabled, homosexual females.

Try applying for a job in the NHS or your local council where they have 'quotas' of these groups to fill. I recently went for an interview at a local hospital. I was the only white bloke there. I should have pissed the job, it was for a porter ffs (I've got a B-tech in Mechanical Engineering, 7 'O' levels when they were hard to pass including English, Maths, Chemistry and Physics, plus numerous qualifications while working at one of the local comprehensive schools blah blah etc.) I wanted a job working with people who appreciate what you are doing for them and get no sh*t from management. A very close mate of mine works there. I didn't get it, and my mate later told me they have to employ a certain percentage from ethnic minorities.
Also, I asked for the last 4 days off work (without pay) prior to the six week holidays as my daughter was getting married on 21st July and I'd told her I'd help out with the final arrangements, rehearsals etc. I was turned down despite there being no lessons at school that week.
In May a colleague who does the same job as me was granted THREE weeks off for her daughters wedding, and her daughter who also worked at the school got the same 3 weeks off.
Oh yes, two female Sikhs got 3 weeks off as the kids approached their exams, a white bloke was refused 4 days of the quietest week of the year even though the request was for the same reason!
Now tell me I'm not discriminated agains't! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Yes, you are not being discriminated against. Not in the slighest.

Discrimination isn't a word to be thrown around lightly. At worst, you have a bad boss and your individual situation is unfortunate. But others in your organisation of the same sex, gender and orientation won't be treated in the same way.

Discrimination against specific groups is enshrined in the laws and cultures in certain countries. In a lot of countries in the world it is ILLEGAL to be homosexual. The vast majority of countries (including Britain) do not recognise gay marriage. White males hold a hugely disproportionate number of jobs in this country, and the disability benefit system has just been severely cut.

Until you can provide evidence, in terms of law, culture and practises that white, straight, clean cut men are more discriminated against then this, I don't think there's really any point me going on. I could list country by country, who does what, and for every one sob story you have there is probably 1000 from someone who has experienced real discrimination. Try living in a country where your house and land is taken away from you because of the colour of your skin, or you are jailed because you are attracted to other men - that is something the world needs to address.

I'm not sure how to end this post really. It's a silly belief, that can only be held by someone living within a democracy. If you lived somewhere where holiday requests weren't the biggest issue then you wouldn't feel this way. Look at the data available in terms of race, gender and sexuality and you'll see what discrimination really is.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Emet : :goodpost:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Major shock in the world of F1. Driver who starts on pole wins race. Who needs sleeping pills when you can watch that?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yeah, you could always watch an Austrian League game..................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com