Port Vale v Torquay United - 1/9/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol:

You know, that did cross my mind after i posted funnily enough and i was going to change it to jelly babies but i didn't want to offend the more rotund Argyle supporter either. :-D .
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Judging by the look on Pokeys face I would say the call was not late, as said before for this is a real shame, any keeper will call "away" if he can't get to the ball or if there is danger in behind, if a keeper calls "keepers" then that call should never be ignored by a defender, as we all know the keeper has full vision of whats going on, and any keeper will not call for the ball unless he is 100% sure hes going to get it, regardless of whether he does or not.

That said, i agree with Lingy, Saah has been a good player for us for a long time now, time to put this to bed, as a fan I am not going to lose any sleep over it, it was freak it happens.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree, i reckon he was as gutted as us and that's enough punishment for the lad. He has been immense for us and deserves nothing but support. If that second og had of gone in though....................................................... :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes time to put this to bed, we all make mistakes, time to move on!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

The only plausible explanation is that Brian had a side bet on a 2-1 Vale victory and nearly got a payout!!!!!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Poke must have called, only reason I say this is on the replay as soon as Saah heads it in, he puts his hand up to say 'sorry'. How loud he shouted only those that were there know. split second decision, Saah made a bad one but to be honest he's been faultless for pretty much a year so I'm sure we can forgive him this one.

Great point, great to see young Kirtys did well, I would love to see us possibly add a centre forward to our group to give us a decent option if we either want to go 2 up top or just replace Rene. Just think as soon as he goes off we may as well pack up and go home. Other than that we've got lads to come in and we now know Kirtys can do a good job filling in.