Torquay United v Plymouth Argyle, 8th September 2012.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

sounds like from the reports that the gargs came for a point and got it! 8/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:Can we get this back on the civil side please chaps, you know I get all anxious when people aren't slagging me off and are venting their anger elsewhere ;-)
right you are old man........... 8/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

yellowmonkey wrote:Just got back and what a waste of £18 could have got 2 crates of stella from sainsburys for that. Its about time Lingy got rid of Howe and the new boy thompson what a guy played superb for the time he was on, only downside were his crosses into the box but that will come with experience. If we dont sort our game out its gonna be another mediocre season the play today was disgraceful.
What a stupid thing to say. Howe is our only goalscoring threat.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Richinns wrote:Why when we have Craig and Nico on the pitch(both excellant at ball delivery) is Manse taking corners? Craig's corners at Exeter in the PSF were fantastic (pace and whip) why not give him a go today?

Probably because Craig is left-footed (at least I think he is), so Mansell being right-footed takes the corners from the left, while Nico being left-footed, takes them from the right. Last year O'Kane would often take them from the left.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Only managed to take one video yesterday, featuring our very own Bengull starting the 'Everywhere we go' chant, followed up by a 'Yellow Army' chant. I started taking one when the players were coming out onto the pitch, but two idiots let off two smoke bombs, singing stopped and around 1/3 of the singers went to another position to stand. I'll upload it later today.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I saw Craig at Exeter in the PSF and his corners were very hard for defenders to defend.
Cannot believe that Manse took corners. Makes no sense in my book.
I hope someone asks Martin Ling why because Downes WILL get on the end of them which means goals!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Here's the video I took:

[youtube]4gz23Kvfzsg[/youtube]
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Anyone else think Billy had a shocker yesterday? Can't help but feel his mind was on International duty - didn't want to get stuck in.
uberwozza
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: caldwell

Post by uberwozza »

First time I have seen us this season on Saturday.

We are solid and won't get dragged too far down the table - but without the creativity of O'Kane we will always struggle to break teams down playing 4-5-1 (or 4-1-4-1 if you prefer) which we did for most of the game. Looking a solid mid-table bet with outside chance of a play off spot I would say, and a draw was a fair result overall on the day.

When Danny Stevens is your most creative player (and he played well Saturday) that tells you something about the quality of the squad more generally. Also Howe seems to have accepted that one up front means he can walk around aimlessly without trying too hard.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I have to say, I think that nathan Craig played really well. First half in particular his passing was extremely accurate. When lathrope is back fit, I would be very interested to see Craig sit alongside Mansell with the option to be much more attacking. I think his link play with Howe, and whoever is out wide could develop into a very potent attacking threat. I also think oastler had one of his better games today, I thought Bodin first half played fairly well despite what some people have said, but he did fade in the second half.