George Artemi

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

monkeyboy wrote:In Ling we trust. Must have been cheaper than Byron Anthony, which, to a certain extent, should give George and us a bit of confidence.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Good shout Royal, I think you're certainly correct. Joke or not, it might well have been a consideration, given that Anthony probably wouldn't want to take too much of a cut in his wage demands from what he was on at Bristol Useless, which will, doubtless, have been a wedge and a half, despite their lowly standing. :devil:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Talking of Byron Anthony, I see he has gone back to Hereford on a non contract basis. I'm sure that at this stage of his career, he wouldn't have wanted to have dropped out of the League but it just goes to show how things can change dramatically in professional football - he has gone from a (presumably very well paid) captain of a high profile League 1 side at Bristol Rovers to scrabbling around trying to earn a deal with a much lower profile non league team in the space of just 18 months, when he should be at the very peak of his career and indeed earning powers - at just 27 years of age.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I thought Ling said after the trial that Anthony was no more use to us than McKenzie, so I doubt that a contract was even discussed.