Torquay United v Burton Albion - 22/9/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bo**ocks! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

That's what can happen though if we struggle to score more than once. I'm not too disappointed with a draw just the timing of it!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

oh well, we're a point closer to exeter at least, burton fully deserved at least a point today from what we've all heard

got three draws in 35/1!! paid for weeks gambling!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:oh well, we're a point closer to exeter at least, burton fully deserved at least a point today from what we've all heard

got three draws in 35/1!! paid for weeks gambling!

and your round next week...... (D) =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cousins lad says

"what an awful game! we were awful and the ref was awful!"

a bit dick emery that!!
still keeping the faith
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

1-0 'shutters up' is old tactics now..Paid off last season but too dodgy to continue...Best means of defence !!!!

When are we going to be convincing...so disappointed !!!!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Ref wasnt awful. He didnt get everything right, but the ref will never get everything right. I think he was actually pretty good. We were awful though towards the end, we really should have seen the game out but just panicked far too much
claymillman
Trialist
Trialist

Post by claymillman »

I told you we would be competitive. I'm a bit disappointed to only draw against you today, I'm told we dominated much of the game, and hit the woodwork a few times.
But I do like the Gulls, and would like to see you do well in every game except v Burton ;-) I'm only sorry I couldn't be at Plainmoor today.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Yeah i didn't think the ref was too bad, a couple of calls were ridiculous (eg Manse fouling someone when he was at least a yard away), but nothing that affected the game too much. Annoyed me a bit when people around me started getting on Morris's back, I thought he played well first half, and it seemed to be exactly what Lingy came out and said a few weeks ago; that he can have a great game, and then only do a single thing wrong and get screamed at for it. A draw was probably a fair result, we lacked a bit going forward, Bodin and Stevens were anonymous, Niall did his bit coming on late, and at the very least looks like a quality impact sub. Hope Nathan's ok, we missed his vision 2nd period.

All in all, a fair one, but a familiar feeling, and loads to work on before next weekend.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm happy with the point but from what you say about Bodin i'm very worried about his performances. They have been none existant for the most part of this season and nothing anywhere near like we expect from him. I'm sure he will come good soon though. All in all a point extra on the board and i can't comment on the performance as i wasn't there.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

That was another very poor performance. Only 6 attempts on goal says it all. For much of the game, particularly the second half, we were clueless just pumping aimless balls up in the direction of Rene Howe who struggled manfully with zero support.

Having said that, Aaron Downes and Brian Saah defended very well - they had to because Calvin Zola was a real handful - and Joe Oastler also dominated his winger for much of the game.

But Burton had far more energy, more ambition and more belief and on a different day would have run up a big score against us - they had far more attempts with more on target, looked dangerous whenever they were near to our pen area and hit the woodwork on three occasions.

Probably a point gained rather than two lost but we will get a stuffing soon if we can't put on a better display and at present it seems we can expect no more than lower-mid table mediocrity come the end of the season. So disappointing!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

The most boring game of the season; there can't be any more that will be as bad as this.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Were you not at the Plymouth game? =D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

or fleetwood and rotherham? :lol:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I thought we were rubbish today, the second half in particular. The only real attack we had was from our goal, the rest of the game was poor. Never really got the ball down a passed it, just hoof ball to Howe, who flicked it on to no one. Once again we decided to defend the whole game, especially after we scored, we couldn't soak up all the pressure we put on ourselves and the evidently scored. Burton were absolutely abysmal, we made them good! The only players on the pitch that stood out for me, were Howe and Downes with Bodin having a shocker and the rest very average! Something, seriously, needs sorting out.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.