Chesterfield v Torquay United - 29/9/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Remmember that game howe winner wasnt it
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:he does mean him!!

see you in the tup then derek, christopher and andrew!!

Who's Andrew? :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

gulltastic wrote:Remmember that game howe winner wasnt it

No i think if memory serves me right lil Danny got a tap in first half to put us one up, they levelled second half and looked like they were gonna steamroller us then Howe broke away out the blue and finished sweetly round their keeper before Nico added a sweet curling free kick from the edge of the box to seal it 3-1.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

austrianandygull wrote:
Who's Andrew? :-/
well, call me presumptuous but i assumed it was you mate??!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It's Andreas Bix but Andy is fine mate! :-D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

austrianandygull wrote:

No i think if memory serves me right lil Danny got a tap in first half to put us one up, they levelled second half and looked like they were gonna steamroller us then Howe broke away out the blue and finished sweetly round their keeper before Nico added a sweet curling free kick from the edge of the box to seal it 3-1.
Absolutely accurate, which, given the author, is, frankly, remarkable. :na:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:red:
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

austrianandygull wrote:It's Andreas Bix but Andy is fine mate! :-D
Bet you've been called a lot worse in your time haha!! :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yeah sure have si but i know they didn't mean it. :whistle:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

andreas andrew, its the same thing isnt it?? i'll stick with andy tho to save any confusion!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

For those of you interested in cricket, champions Derbyshire CCC will be parading the championship trophy at half time according to the local rag tonight.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Any chance of this game being off, Andy, what's the weather like up there?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No chance Matt, the roundabout and dual carriageway just along from my house got flooded the other day and vehicles were stranded so they shut off the road from j29 of the m1 but apart from a really heavy days rain on tuesday it's been on and off since. Just localised really. Nothing like it is in York. I'd be shocked if they said the game was in doubt. I've been to Chesterfield games at the new ground during similar weather and it always holds up well. I know you're just trying to avoid a trip up Matt! :lol:
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Fantastic preview Andy many thanks.

Off to my first away game for yonks and looking forward to it. I'm hoping ML is going to let us attack for once.

I'm off to Nottingham Areana after the game for the UFC so any tips on the best way to get there after the game is much appreciated.

Cheers

Chardie
TUST No 278
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yeah get off the m1 at j26, follow the A52 around Nottingham outer ring road towards the railway station and you'll see the signs from there.