torquay united v aldershot town - 2nd october 2012

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

rachii12 wrote:I'm bouncing around in my bed at uni hahahahaha WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Erm :devil:
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

woohoohoooooo
Attachments
wooohooooo
wooohooooo
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

[/quote]

Erm :devil:[/quote]

oh dear not like that haha
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Sorry, but I don't believe that many of us have any interest in Barnsley or Leeds what so ever. Why don't you post on their forum.

Up the Baggies!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wodger of awabia wrote:Sorry, but I don't believe that many of us have any interest in Barnsley or Leeds what so ever. Why don't you post on their forum.

Up the Baggies!!
s*d off! :@ =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Obviously, not going to be counting any chickens, but could quite realistically be sat in the play offs come Saturday.

At half time I was genuinely worried about the reaction we were going to get, now we are promotion contenders again (until we draw to Wycombe with no shots on goal)
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

think the match report might take a little longer than usual.... :lol:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

A year ago after 10 games the Gulls had 14 points and Bristol Rovers had 15 points (one wonders if they would have been in with a chance of promotion if they had not sacked Paul Buckle =D ).

Now, we have 15 points from 10 games. A lot can happen in a season, but that extra point this season, and that win tonight, could make all the difference next May. (Can't see us doing what Rovers did last season - good luck to them anyway)!
Last edited by Gullscorer on 03 Oct 2012, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

What an amazing comeback! When did we last comeback from 0-3 to win in a League match?
Just goes to prove our team led by Manse really have a fantastic spirit and never give up.
So pleased for the players and Martin.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Well caress my ancient footwear...that's made my day
Just got to the BBC site - amazing!
Killer substitutions from ML...
-Jarvis on and scores in 2 mins
-Yeoman on and scores in 3 mins
That's the stuff of dreams.
Onwards and upwards from here, this will get the lads going
Great night - congrats all round
COYY
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Just got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the F*** has happended???????????? 0 -3 down and we won 4 - 3! how good was that for all you guys at Plainmooor?? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: Well done the lads WAHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goal: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Damn blast and sausage dogs. this is one match I wanted to come down to and got caught up in the shop business. Then put me back out a bit. Had a rest and before you know it my wife nudged me to wake up and it was 7pm.
I also forgot the match was on and didn't realise that we had even played untill Spotlight at 10:30. wow was that a surprise. I feel really good now even if miffed cos I missed the match.
Well Done Lee. Well Done Rene. Well done Ashley. Well Done Billy. Well done Kevin. Well done Niall. Well done Michael. Well Done Joe. Well done Aaron. Well done Brian. Well done Nathan. Well done Danny. Well done Ryan.
What night that must have been. I cannot believe we were 3-0 down and still came back to win. it proves you should never ever give up. I wonder what the moaners will say now. Oh it will be doom and gloom as we went 3-0 down. They won't look at the fact we came back from the dead. I wonder how many of the team will get into the league 2 team of the week. Will I ever have a bounce in my step tomorow.
I wonder how much of any will be on TV. Anyone know if there will be any highlights?.

And finaly and special thankyou and well done to St Martin and His 2nd in command Sir Shaun
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:Well caress my ancient footwear...that's made my day
Just got to the BBC site - amazing!
Killer substitutions from ML...
-Jarvis on and scores in 2 mins
-Yeoman on and scores in 3 mins
That's the stuff of dreams.
Onwards and upwards from here, this will get the lads going
Great night - congrats all round
COYY
I just gotta to remember that saying Wisconsin. Thats priceless. With second thoughts. Will Matt be a contender to do the caressing.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Oh my days, what can I say , where to start, to some up my feelings at the end of the game..confused but happy.

First 20 minutes or so, wasn't concerned we were playing decent football in control, Aldershot looked like they couldn't string two passes together if they tried, a set piece and a moment of sheer madness in our box and we are 2.0 down to one of the worst teams ive seen at Plainmoor..how? I asked, seconds after the re-start 3.0 down as our defence once again parted faster than a tarts legs, at the point I was ready to walk out, I have never felt like that before even when we were totaly shit.

Stating the obvious but a quick goal was needed and we got it, then Jarvis came on to be part of a front two, hurrah at last, about time two, been saying it for a while to get the best out of Jarvo he has to play as part of a front two, he scores really... strange that, his performance and the team second half performance reminded me of Hereford away, the last time we went with 2 up front, nearly turned that match around, only difference this time we did come back from 3 down.

So my anger turned to joy, and leaves only having to say and massive well done to Lingy and the team, and thank you aswell, put the smile back on my face, after suffering what can only be described a really shit 7 days.

Edit, forgot to say, just keep the smile on my face for a few more minutes atleast, going off now to read shotstalk can't wait... :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

brief thoughts from me...

Weren't bad in the first 20 but their goal unsettled us and we lost the plot really. Didn't deserve to go 3 down a few seconds into the second half, even if we hadn't been playing all that well. Our poor play for that 30 minute period still didn't warrant going 3 down in my view.

Amazing character was then need and shown by the lads in the minutes that followed. Amazing. So glad I made it to this one. Question marks still remain however. Despite his goal I'm not sure what Bodin did, but i guess if you score goals and nothing else then i won't complain! Niall Thompson was a bit cagey, but I guess that is to be expected of someone at his tender age - it will come.

The positives obivously include the overall character of the team. But for me the star of the show was Nathan Craig. I know ferrarilover (Matt) was singing his praises but now I know why. He was great tonight and I think he'll continue to improve. Spreading the play when needed, industrious in the tackle when he needed to be and generally linking play LIKE A BOSS. Jarvis also looked lively, even when you take away his goal. He was always moving and searching for the ball and generally being a nuicance for the defenders.

Also, just a quick note to Plainmoor's crowd - even when we were three down chants still resonated around the ground, it was really great. But boy oh boy was Plainmoor bouncing when we took the lead!!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...