torquay united v aldershot town - 2nd october 2012

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

brooker wrote:Branno was quality, and loves all the cheering and jeering he gets from fans. Did anyone else on the pop see him rip his own shirt and then conmplain to the ref?! Hero.
I thought Thompson ripped it? Certainly had a handful of it anyway.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

brooker wrote:Branno was quality, and loves all the cheering and jeering he gets from fans. Did anyone else on the pop see him rip his own shirt and then conmplain to the ref?! Hero.

Ha!! Loved this from the Shots site:
"Branston was immense, I know that sounds strange considering we conceded 4, but he was everywhere and boy, did he stick in some thundering challenges. If I was Deano, I would build the defence around him, he leads and drives the team from the back. "
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i dont think aldershot fans can moan to much, it was the same for both teams, its all about getting the ball in the net, take it on the chin you shot fans and move on, we scored 4 you scored 3, END OF! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

To, the miserable old goat who sat behind us in Bristow's Bench (the tosser with a very loud, irritating voice who thinks that: Ling is worse than Buckle; we are a Conference team; Torquay haven't had a good manager for forty years; the current squad is "useless"), up yours pal.

You left when we were three one down, presumably to have a miserable evening in a miserable pub or in a miserable home with an ugly wife, and you missed the great comeback. Good, you t*at, you deserved to miss it.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Hey all, a Torquay fan from America here for whom this board has been my only real connection to the club for years. Reading the matchday threads is how I follow the club. Well that and that newfangled Twitter thing. Anyhow I never bothered to sign up for the forum since seeing as I don't ever get to actually see any games I really have nothing to add to the conversation. Well, I get to see the playoff games every year but those are so heartbreaking who'd want to post about them? But I just had to sign on after that game yesterday. Wow! I'm a Manchester United fan (I know, I know you hate me already) so I was watching their game. At least until Torquay pulled within a goal. At that point I ignored the TV and was just frantically refreshing this site for updates. As ever, you guys were awesome. Reading these matchday threads, going through all the ups and downs game after game, has been an awesome experience for years but never more then yesterday. So thanks for helping to keep a fan stuck on the wrong side of the planet in the loop. I'll probably never post again because honestly what would I have to say? But I'll be following along every game, living and dying and frantically hitting the refresh button. And as ever I will lead TUFC to glory in FIFA 13. I'll have us in the Premier League in no time flat! Cheers!

(Is "Cheers!" something an English person would actually say? Hey, I'm trying here.)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

njgull wrote:Hey all, a Torquay fan from America here for whom this board has been my only real connection to the club for years.
Where in the US? We should start a fan club. I think you'd make an even half a dozen
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Where in the US? We should start a fan club. I think you'd make an even half a dozen[/quote]

Or 5 just in New York after your miss read email lastnight.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

usagullmichigan wrote:Where in the US? We should start a fan club. I think you'd make an even half a dozen

Or 5 just in New York after your miss read email lastnight.
From New Jersey which is kinda sorta almost New York right?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

stevegull wrote:They consciously took it down Alex?! I assumed it must have been an error!
Thats only judging by some of there posts in the Post Match Torquay thread on there anyway...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

All in the USA are welcome here, but no American mis-spellings, Americanisms or idiomatic expressions please. We are still British after all, and the English language must remain English..!! :~D
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

i tell you what that strange formation 4-4-2 seemed to do the trick eh Mr Ling?
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Gullscorer wrote:All in the USA are welcome here, but no American mis-spellings, Americanisms or idiomatic expressions please. We are still British after all, and the English language must remain English..!! :~D

Whateverrrrrr. Jerk! :~D
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the think i dont get is that i posted the 4-3 comment at exactly the same time as bloody SNW and he gets all the credits, his post only appeared before mine because barnsley comes before sheffield in the alphabet!!

cue one of those stupid rofl logo that he loves so much!!
still keeping the faith
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

stevegull wrote:is anyone else having trouble getting onto the Aldershot forum? I want to snoop.
They pulled the plug on it last night, and turned it back on this morning. :clap:
Lucy
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

usagullmichigan wrote:Or 5 just in New York after your miss read email lastnight.
Yeah (it was a misread tweet actually) - There's 2 guys in LA, me, you in Michigan, and I'm sure there was another chap in, I dunno, the mid-west somewhere.

Plus NJGull. so half a dozen, now.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.