Rovers in for Buckle?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Second comment.
'Paul who?'
How very dare they :)
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

We will move on,

Done it before and we will do it again. No disrespect to anyone and I'm gratefull for what PB has done, but this is the second time he's said nothing with regard to a vacancy. He could either rule himself in or rule himself out and choose neither twice. This from a manager where respect is a big issue. I expect when he fails in his job application we'll be fed the usual "I'm happy here" crap.

Dean Holsworth or Paul Trollope anyone?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The possibility of losing Bucks, Benyon, Ellis and O'Kane might be a little hard to move on from.

Nervous times at Torquay.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Paul Buckle is contracted to TUFC,he can not apply for the Bristol Rovers job.

Whether he wants the job or not is niether here nor there,the only way he will get it, is if the Bristol Rovers board ask permission from Tufc to speak to P/B and then they would have to agree a compensation package with TUFC.

With some of the out of work managers who are being linked to this job,who BRFC could have hassle /compensation free,i would be some suprised if Bristol Rovers came in for Paul Buckle.

Going to stick my neck out here and predict that,Buckle,Benyon,O'Kane are going no where,Ellis well considering he is the only player we have,who really is capable of stepping up a division or two,well time well tell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

more likely that port vale will be in for bucks now! :(
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Buckle would be daft to go to any L1, or L2 club his record (especially if we reach the play offs) is outstanding, & he should be offered a championship job, sooner or later. Remember Frank O'Farrell left TQY for Leicester, & other managers have "jumped " a couple of divisions at a time.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Can't see it happening, SNW. As I said in a different thread, it wouldn't be an upwards move in my mind.
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

I see Buckle is now 1/4 on favourite on skybet to be the next Bristol Rovers manager...his last game with us today?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

HardofHerringGull wrote:I see Buckle is now 1/4 on favourite on skybet to be the next Bristol Rovers manager...his last game with us today?
Bleh! Hope the bookies havnt got it right this time :( :(
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bye bye bucks..................... :(
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:bye bye bucks..................... :(

I don't think it's that bad. There are plenty of good managers (Trollope for one) looking for a job! And we get a nice bit of a pay-off! :O
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

My dad was told after the Hereford game (not sure who by) that we would be bringing in a decent striker on a good wage. Considering what we've been hearing about cut backs a Bucks compo package would allow us to do this?
Course he could be spouting nonsense and I'd rather Bucks stayed.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

HRG wrote:My dad was told after the Hereford game (not sure who by) that we would be bringing in a decent striker on a good wage. Considering what we've been hearing about cut backs a Bucks compo package would allow us to do this?
Course he could be spouting nonsense and I'd rather Bucks stayed.
Sod it, drop those plans and take Manset from Hereford!
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Would be sad to see Bucks go, but I would completely understand if he did. He's been with us for 4 years now, got us up and kept us up. If we consider the mess that he took over from, to put us where we are now with so little resources is an astonishing achievement. Yes we have had our ups and downs, but on balance he has got more right than wrong.

It was only a matter of time before he moved on. Anyone saying this is a sideways move is kidding themselves. Rovers have a much larger support base and will make funds available that we simply cannot compete with. With Bucks at the helm they will be pushing for promotion sooner rather than later. Bear in mind Bucks is still a young manager, and he is not ready for the Championship just yet. A couple of successful years at someone like Rovers and he will be right in the picture for the bigger clubs.

On the other hand, maybe he will see this season out with us and see if he can get us promoted. If he does he will almost certainly move on having done an excellent job.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

If he went, who would replace him? Trollope, Hargreaves, maybe an up and coming manager from the conference? Hey, id even throw Leroy's name in the hat....