Rene's Record

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Rene's Record

Post by cambgull »

Did not hear a thing about this until I read yesterdays paper at work today.

Supposedly, Rene's goal at BR yesterday meant he equaled Sammy Collins' record for the most games consecutively scored in. The record stands at 7 currently and if Howe can carry on scoring, it's there to be broken.

Congrats to the big man!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

(Tuts)

Keep up Luke...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yes, echo that Luke. This season has been a one man attacking show for us as the rest of them have done piss all so congratulations and a massive thanks go to Rene for lifting us out of the brown stuff. Any one care to deduct his goals and see how many points we would have then? It wouldn't be pretty reading. WELL DONE RENE!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Think you are doing yourselves an injustice by even thinking about how you would be without him. Teams that are really going to push for playoffs NEED a player like Howe who scores a lot of goals and I am sure he will score 20+ for you this season and will win you a lot of games. We might have a 20 goal a season player in Derek riordon but we dont know yet. Like Kenneth he obviously has been a quality player (3rd top scorer in SPL history and still only 27) but it will take him 4 or 5 games when he returns from injury to get match fit. I am sure people like Jarvis and Bodin will score goals soon and it is good when you have a player like Rene Howe banging them in for fun. Best of luck Tuesday..Gillingham are due a defeat.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I'll do a quick work out of points without Rene's goals. This will obviously be assuming no one else scores the goals instead.

Give me a minute or two!
Luke.

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Rene has scored in:-

Cheltenham (H) - 2-2
Rochdale (H) - 4-2 (2 Goals)
Wimbledon (A) - 1-0
Burton (H) - 1-1
Chesterfield (A) - 1-1
Aldershot (H) - 4-3
Wycombe (A) - 1-2
Accrington (H) - 3-1
Bristol R (A) - 2-3

I see that as 10 points dropped without his goals. Putting us in 22nd place, just above the drop zone with a better goal difference than Aldershot.

EDIT: On a completely separate note, I also notice we are the only team in League 2 who haven't lost at home. Another thing to celebrate!
Luke.

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Celebrate while it lasts. Hopefully past this next week!
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

And he's second top scorer in the league lets not forget. Great achevment considering we'r not having the best of starts
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

cambgull wrote: EDIT: On a completely separate note, I also notice we are the only team in League 2 who haven't lost at home. Another thing to celebrate!
We're the only team to not lose at home and Gillingham are the only team who haven't lost away yet, one set of fans will be unhappy after the match. Would be happy with a draw though :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I did a "what if X club didn't have X player" thread 18 months ago or so and it got repeated on just about every board in L2 with everyone making the same comment (it seems an inability to understand simple concepts is a universal internet constant): "Yeah, but it doesn't matter, because we DO have [player X] to the post is irrelevant. Torquay are obviously jealous of us." Missing the point, entirely, that it's merely a 'what if' scenario.

Nice to see that Rene has become the 20+ goal a season man that we have been asking for since Sillsy left, long may it continue.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Lets hope Ling sees it as his priority to sort the big man out with a new deal. None of this low release fee crap either!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

I wouldn't hold your breath, rene will want more money there isn't anymore in the budget, so as soon as he gets a better offer he will be off. He can talk to other clubs from January and leave on a free. He scores goals but is quite disruptive but I'm sure someone will take a punt.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

austrianandygull wrote:Yes, echo that Luke. This season has been a one man attacking show for us as the rest of them have done piss all so congratulations and a massive thanks go to Rene for lifting us out of the brown stuff. Any one care to deduct his goals and see how many points we would have then? It wouldn't be pretty reading. WELL DONE RENE!!

gives me the shivers just thinking about it.......
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

He is our best player by a billion miles and doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's our best footballer, has the best football brain, has the best touch, is our only goal threat, is good in the air and is an excellent finisher. He's the best striker in the division and we are massively lucky to have him.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Indeed - one hopes the board pull out all the stops to offer him what he wants in order that we can keep him!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com