Torquay United v Morecambe - 27/10/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I don't believe anything i read in it Bix, i'm not that stupid. I used to buy the Times but it just got top heavy with pompous cretins and politics, i do buy the Daily Mirror for the sport though. Comfy slacks? I don't wear owt indoors mate. :Z :O

Do really, shorts mostly. Trousers are so uncomfortable in the house and whenever i wear tracky bottoms i feel like an unemployed chav. Wear shorts indoors, it's the future!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Correct Nick! It's his 2nd season as a FL assistant referee. He is decent as an assistant but his refereeing is debatable.

He used to work for Devon FA but has since moved on to open a shop in Plymouth.

Gulls 2-0!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'd like to see us beat Morecambe, they're not one of the better sides in the division (I think the inevitable lurking Shrimpers will probably concede this). That said, if we play like we have done at times this season, a team of inmates from my nan's little old lady home could beat us handsomely, so it will depend on us playing properly.

I think this might be a nice test to see where we are, insofar as they have beaten the lesser teams (Rovers, Rochdale, Chesterfield etc) and have lost to the better sides (Fleetwood, Cheltenham etc). Lose and we might start, once again, to ask questions of our season, win, and we might be able to consider ourselves among the better sides down this way.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Andy, heres one for you (and anyone, really)..

We have a player currently who also played for Morecambe. Who?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

NickGull wrote:Andy, heres one for you (and anyone, really)..

We have a player currently who also played for Morecambe. Who?
The man who has now found his home - Rene Howe.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Sorry!!! :Oops:

missed that one, oops. ;P
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

austrianandygull wrote:Old?!!!! Me?!! I'm mid 30's man! :red:

Hang on a minute.........that IS old!!!! :'(

:lol:
Ohhh It's positively ancient. Desperatly old me old cock. :rofl:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

massively confident of a big morale boosting win today

backing 3-0 howe stevens and craig, 2534 there disappointingly!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Won't be able to post tonight so just thought i'd wish the lads good luck and truly hope everyone has a good game. I feel this is a game we can really be positive about given their total lack of attacking options, obviously we shouldn't underestimate the strikers that come in instead of Brodie and Ellison ( plus if injury doubt Redshaw doesn't make it ) but we can concentrate more on attack knowing that they aren't going to pose too much threat up front. I've gone for a 1-0 Gulls win but am hoping for a few more and a clean sheet. No matter though so long as we get the win. Hope everyone enjoys the game and a special mention to Scottish Dom ( yes the numpty who blew the whistle at Chesterfield ) he will be at Plainmoor having set off from Edinburgh on the train last night at about 8pm. He would have arrived in a freezing Leeds station around midnight ish meaning a 5 hour wait at Leeds station before getting the connecting train to Devon. That's how much the lad loves the club but everyone has thoroughly reminded him to leave the whistle at home this time! :lol:

Come on the boys and Morecambe 'AV IT!!!!! :scarf: :scarf:
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

2-0 Howe and Bodin. lookin forward to this one. Its play off places from here on in
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Hate it when everyones expecting a win!! We had this against Wycombe and we were awful!

Think it'll be very hard. 2-1.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I wouldn't normally be so confident Nick but if Redshaw IS out they've got zilch up top and we should be able to make our attacking superiority count. As all games in this league though like you say it will be tough.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Got a fuzzy warm feeling this morning that Bodin is gunna have a stormer today!! Reckon he's going to run the show today and kick start a decent run of form for himself, its about time he produced now!!

Oh and i also think he's seen a certain Northerners rants about him and he's out to now prove him wrong haha! :lol:

Am on Torquay 3-0 with Downes first goalscorer, worth a lovely 225/1 for betting purposes!!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I'm hoping for a win, but knowing us we'll have bad luck and have to deal with a 2-2 draw.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Apparently Jack Redshaw hasn't made their squad, but Lewis Alessandra has been deemed fit enough to make the journey, meaning he'll no doubt play some part if they're struggling.