The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

got two 6/7s this weekend, borussia dortmund not winning in one and palace in the other, they were 2-0 up too! close but bookie still wins

oh well tomorrow is another full programme of FL games, hoping for a few good aways, barnet interest me after their 4-0 v northampton, being priced at 15/4 to win at wycombe?? seems huge?? looking at forest, palace (altho they're at barnsley so should prob avoid??), hudders, as well as york, gas and pv in our league
also the champions league looks very predictable this tuesday, but will see how tight the bookies price things tomor
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

left barnet out in the end, bearing in mind the wonders that ainsworth had worked there before saturday

plenty of bets on as usual, my woes will no doubt unfold during the course of this game!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

gutted today, did a cheeky quid on both teams NOT to score in 9 league two games, 824/1, i picked wycombe v oxford, expecting a home win, over us and cheltenham!! how annoyed am i??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

and tonight just one away, draw for reims, when a win wouldve netted me £75
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Don't talk to me about betting this weekend Bix. Celtic sprigs to mind and Anderlecht put in a stinker at Charleroi and bang goes the euro acca. We move on.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Pulled a big one out of the burning embers this afternoon. I had PSV (heavily odds on away and 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go v Zwolle, they won 2-1 ), FC Twente, Spurs, Rangers, St Pauli ( won 3-2 after being 2 down after half an hour) and Queen of the South.

On my other bet i had Young Boys ( postponed due to snow ), Newcastle (poxed a winner in injury time), Inter and Everton Liverpool draw.

God i love it when all is lost but somehow, somehow all and more is then gained. The pure theatre of football gambling. Superb!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nice one mate!! some very strange results today, who'd have thought bayern would lose at home, had st pauli in one line too, great comeback, but the reverse happened in bundesliga to scupper me, 2-0 to 2-3!! bordeaux getting beat, bilbao too

oh well its another week tomorrow!! dont waste yr winnings!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote:nice one mate!! some very strange results today, who'd have thought bayern would lose at home, had st pauli in one line too, great comeback, but the reverse happened in bundesliga to scupper me, 2-0 to 2-3!! bordeaux getting beat, bilbao too

oh well its another week tomorrow!! dont waste yr winnings!!

I have to mate, on bills! :'(
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Dirty Leeds pissing me off AGAIN! Just got a penalty and THEY WILL MISS IT!! ARGHH, Lets see...............
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

THEY'VE SCORED!!!! Porto winning, Bangor City winning, Galatasaray have won, MK Dons should win and that leaves Leeds for £300. They are playing like us away though!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Leeds somehow level when they have been appalling all night, MK Dons meanwhie still 0-0 at Cambridge City despite having 33 shots at goal. F*cking useless springs to mind and i know what's going to happen. Leeds will somehow win and MK Dons will draw. Wankers!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No win tonight, MK Dons drawing and Leeds too. The only amazing thing about tonight is quite how and why El Hadj Diouf is still getting paid. He is shockingly poor.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Not having a bet today, finally after years of saying i'm not betting in the fa cup because i always pick the ones that are upsets but still doing so i am heeding my own advice. There WILL be shocks today and it's just a case of avoiding them which is impossible. Leave cup days well alone. Might have a dabble on the Euro games tonight though.
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

Does anyone here use Betfair? There are some good value bets if you get to the League Two games early. Layed City at 1.87 a couple days ago and they've already drifted to 2.14. They're on a poor run, their home form is poor, Wimbledon aren't awful away from home and they seem to be playing better since Terry Brown left.

Backed under 2.5 goals at 1.97 for our game tonight. They've tightened things up at the back since Davids started playing and I just feel that bad conditions will contribute to a poor quality, low scoring game. Hopefully a vintage 1-0 to the gulls!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I used to use betfair ChineseGull ( sounds like a delicacy! ) but i'd often get worse odds despite their claims otherwise. Call me old fashioned but i like to know how much i will be winning minimum and anything over that with best odds is a bonus. Often on Betfair you'd get less than sp. Don't use it anymore now.

Bloody Alfreton 2-0 up on Newport! Bang goes my friday night bet then! Alfreton shouldn't even have a team, it's only one street!