Torquay United v Harrogate Town - FA Cup Rnd 1 - 3/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Of course we should win, thats why when smaller clubs do win, its called a shock or upset or giant killing.

Nobody expects smaller clubs to win, but enter the hames hoping to win, just like we do if/when we draw a bigger/higher placed team.

Im going for a 3 - 0 win for the Gulls after a nervy start. :scarf:
HTAFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HTAFC »

Hi,
Can I just point out to the original poster on this thread that Jose Da Veiga's profile is visible on the player profiles page and always has been.

Good luck to both teams today, lets hope for some great football.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

To Qoute one fan on thier thread about the match. "Let's see if we can beat them and then get a big tie in the next round".
Hey guys. We are your big tie. We are going well in our league and the big boys don't come into it untill the third round. You aint gonna get bigger.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Glostergull wrote:To Qoute one fan on thier thread about the match. "Let's see if we can beat them and then get a big tie in the next round".
Hey guys. We are your big tie. We are going well in our league and the big boys don't come into it untill the third round. You aint gonna get bigger.
dont think so Glostergull....

we are hardly a big club ....but i do worry about games like this as this could be a right banana skin...i predict a very nervous 1-0 battle....

Lets just hope its a good game from both teams
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

HTAFC wrote:Hi,
Can I just point out to the original poster on this thread that Jose Da Veiga's profile is visible on the player profiles page and always has been.

Good luck to both teams today, lets hope for some great football.

Thanks for that HTAFC, i must have missed his ugly mug! I thought the reason why he wasn't on the profiles page was because he was still taking a goal kick somewhere and was late for the photoshoot. :~D Sorry about that but thanks for pointing it out. If he is still with you then why has he not been playing recently as i know he hasn't been suspended?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
HTAFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HTAFC »

austrianandygull wrote:

Thanks for that HTAFC, i must have missed his ugly mug! I thought the reason why he wasn't on the profiles page was because he was still taking a goal kick somewhere and was late for the photoshoot. :~D Sorry about that but thanks for pointing it out. If he is still with you then why has he not been playing recently as i know he hasn't been suspended?

I think its is just a case of Craig MacGillivray has taken his chance when offered - he is a quality goalkeeper with a very bright future.

Admin Edit To Fix Quote (SG)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Lets hope his bright future is briefly dimmed today then.............. ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
HTAFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HTAFC »

austrianandygull wrote:Lets hope his bright future is briefly dimmed today then.............. ;-)
hah, I'm hoping it will shine brighter!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Come on Kingsgull, if you're Harrogate Town, Torquay is a big club. In the same way that if you're the number 3, the number 1, 000, 000 is a big number.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
LukeGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by LukeGull »

Probably the wrong place but Hereford beating Shrewsbury 2-0. Unexpected.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

NEed to start up tempo from kick off then we will be fine
3-1 song for me!
Howe,Bodin and Mansell
COYY :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

BODIN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-)
HTAFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HTAFC »

ferrarilover wrote:Come on Kingsgull, if you're Harrogate Town, Torquay is a big club. In the same way that if you're the number 3, the number 1, 000, 000 is a big number.

Matt.
Whilst agree that you are a big team because you are a league team and we are obviously a non-league team, I think that the crunch point is that we don't fear you, we will show you respect as your status deserves but we certainly are not at Plainmoor to make the numbers up.

I remember when the two teams meet before and all the " We will stomp on them - billy big balls attitudes" that were thrown around by some (not all and I concede that point) of your fans, and to be fair those attitudes have resurfaced again during this meeting. In the end it took a penalty from your keeper to separate the teams after a replay and extra time - I am sure that many of you will remember that we also scored first at Plainmoor and you needed a late equaliser!

Anyway, lets all hope for a great game, and in the spirit of it all, may the best team win!
LukeGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by LukeGull »

Yeah, I would like to see us play like we normally do at home (excluding Morecambe) then we should be able to win. I can see quite a nervy start but we should be able to play some fluid passing football.
3-1 for me aswell ( I wouldn't dare putting any bets on the FA cup though :Z )
Howe, Bodin and Downes
COYY