Torquay United v Harrogate Town - FA Cup Rnd 1 - 3/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Finishing must be high on the agenda in training. How many chances did we waste today?

Bodin for me needs to be benched for the next game. I appreciate he's young, but his performance today was shocking.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

It's a bit ironic at the moment how we haven't lost once at home in the league, yet we've lost at home all 3 times in all the cups.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

This is the pits, after the disappointment of last season when it should have been easier to go up than what actually happened, we scrape ourselves into a decent league position and need to maintain form BUT 'blow it'.
Nothing but 3 points on Tuesday will be acceptable to at least try and do somthing in the league....Gutted !!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Pushed myself to stay up and listen in to all of you. What a damn shame. we have thrown away a good chance to earn extra much needed revenue. But then I did warn all those who said we should beat this lot out of sight.
It was all a case of we turn up and they fold. Nope, it's the cup and we are out.Must save it all now for a top seven finish. If we get to Wembley then maybe it will be worth it.
Oh well off to bed and try and get better for tomorow.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It really is concentrate on the league time now. Promotion would be better than a cup run, but financially today must be a big blow for us.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
HTAFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HTAFC »

Thanks for a great game today lads, I thought that you were going to get the equaliser at several stages. Good luck this season!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Simple.If Plan A doesn't work aka Rene you do all the work and score the goals mate we are fcuked as the rest of our strikers are all APPALLING.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

HTAFC wrote:Thanks for a great game today lads, I thought that you were going to get the equaliser at several stages. Good luck this season!
Good luck to you guys in the next round, and in the league too. :bow:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yes but GG we should be beating Harrogate out of sight at home that's the point. Ok if it were a conference side like Barrow or something then disappointed but these are lower than that! It's just not on and i know things transpire in a game and you can lose football matches but to not even SCORE is not acceptable and like i've said before, i believe the fans are entitled to a refund if the club has any b*llocks. I know i'm going to get some more hammer now but Bodin again. He's young you say as if it's an excuse. If the lad isn't able to cope with the pressures of league 2 football then he shouldn't be playing for his own sakes as well as the fans. Is it Martins fault for selecting him all the time when all he does is p*ss all. Give me some cash and i can replace Bodin, ok i'm nearly 17 stone but i'd make more of an effort. He must be dropped on tuesday, no excuses. I'm not singling out Billy though because Rene deserves criticism, how ( if you pardon the pun ) can someone of his ability and in such form not score against Harrogate? Stevens obviously did p*ss all i mean i could go on but let's draw a line under it. We are out and thats that and so long as the club reimburse fans and we show up on tuesday night i will forgive today. If not then they can go and f*ck themselves.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Absolute rubbish! Take away Howe and we simply do not have another effective striker - as it was said on the radio, there have been a number of games this season at home where we have missed a have full a hatful of chances - clearly we need to go into the loan market and find another player. Jarvis, Yeoman and Bodin do not seem to be the answer - if we do not, then we can forget the possibility of the playoffs.
Back to to the game today, I feel embarrassed. Losing to a part time team of amateurs who have played midweek, had a long journey down to us, and to cap it allwe were at home! Does'nt get much worse than this. The players need to take a long had look at themselves after this debacle.
Much more than a win on Tuesday will be needed to restore my faith.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A couple of weeks ago I watched us deservedly beat the league leaders. I watched us score four in one half against Aldershot and create around twenty decent chances against Rochdale. I accept that we have been in and out this season but I still cannot accept that we have lost this game. Quite possibly our worst FA cup result ever - and valuable money pissed right down the drain. Really we should be ashamed.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

HTAFC wrote:Thanks for a great game today lads, I thought that you were going to get the equaliser at several stages. Good luck this season!
I hope you win the FA Cup. (Then we went out to the winners!) Good luck to you Harrogate, we can't grumble at your team, very well done.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well said Plymouthgull - what else did we want in our favour for this game. It is quite appalling.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Just spent £13 to stand freezing my nuts off to watch 11 impersonators wearing TUFC shirts lose to a pub team who were terrible. Never been so embarrassed in my years supporting the club, complete and utter shambles all the way through. No passion or desire from anyone. Wish I could refund my Oxford tickets now. Fuming.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

A shambolic performance. Not one positive to report back. Got what we deserved and every credit to a hard-working side who put us to shame. Stayed behind to applaud their team off the pitch, was a great effort.

Worst thing about today? Had to pay £17 to watch it. Weighed up whether it was worth it, and decided I would as it's money to the club. The 1,800 who turned up today (600 less than league average) were mostly the die-hard element, and they have not been rewarded for their loyalty.

See you all at Barnet. We can only improve on that.