Torquay United v Harrogate Town - FA Cup Rnd 1 - 3/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Fair play ben, I am annoyed but there is a part of me that is thinking serves you right to TUFC. Ripping off their own fans massively for this game chasing the £'s in this cup and fell flat on their face. A total farce from start to finish.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

So, Mr "I know so much about the game that I'm banned fron every bookies in England", you were saying?

The single worst Torquay performance for a generation, created loads of half chances, didn't hit the target once. Bodin can leave any time he likes.

Congratulations to HTFC. Without being smug at all, I did say that we would have to do things the right way to win the game, we didn't even come close and we got what we deserved. If it had finished 0-0, both sides would have been lucky to get the nil. Good luck for the rest of the year etc.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

I thought you lot were all telling us how brilliant Bodin was when we signed him and how he would be better than Eunan?

There's a reason no one else apart from us played the lad and why Eunan is playing in the League above.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Eunans not actually playing in the league above though is he?! :( Can we have him back!?

Proving to be a bigger and bigger loss each game.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Another problem is we are far too reliant on Rene's goals. With the goals drying up in recent games for him, others around him need to contribute, and its just not happening.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

It's not just him, you can't have no Plan B and we've not had one since Ling as been here really. Just last year we had Eunan and Howe this year we just have Howe. The rest of our players are just plain bang average. Our squad is mince this year and our striking options wouldn't look out of place in Harrogate's League. We're just lucky we've got Howe because we'd be relegation certs without him.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

A shocking result but let's keep it in perspective people.

Upsets happen in the cup, as others have said. We've dished it out to a few in the past and now we're on the receiving end of it.

Also, be pleased we are still actually creating chances. You really need to worry when we stop opening up the opposition team.

Bodin has been poor, yes. But I think Ling is an excellent man-manager and will now how to deal with the situation. He'll be more aware than anyone that Bodin has been underperforming.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Were you there, Steve?

It was the worst performance I've ever seen from a TUFC side, including the Roberts era.

Creating chances is one thing, putting them away is another. We had two guilt-edged ones - Bodin blazing over from 6 yards and Thompson inexplicably from 1 yard out somehow contriving to miss.

I didn't join in the booing at the end but I didn't hang around to clap them off after that showing. We must be better in the week or we will get spanked by Barnet.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

WAs it worse today that against Hinckley??

That was dross mind......
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Absolutely bloody shambolic. No excuse for that. The single worst TUFC game I've seen. Simply put, we were rubbish. There's a couple of players who can deservedly hold their heads high but, Christ, that was dreadful. At no point in the match did we look like we really wanted it and, frankly, if you asked a complete stranger to watch that performance and say which team was League 2 and which was non-league, they'd probably have picked Harrogate for League 2. Minute after minute of hoofball which went absolutely nowhere. And Bodin? Crikey. What a shocker he had. They deservedly won and I, along with many others in BB, stayed behind to applaud them off the pitch.
Last edited by divingbboy on 03 Nov 2012, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 203
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

This was just posted on twitter which is a positive ^.^
Nathan Craig ‏@nathancraig11
"Can't believe what happened today! Not good enough from us and i apologise to all the fans that had to go through it!! "
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I can, just about accept a defeat against a non-league team....but what has really got to me today is Ling's post match interview.

There was no way on earth he should be saying that the team showed commitment and worked hard, quite simply they did not and it takes the piss out of those of us who bothered to go to say otherwise.

Some of the team out there took the piss out of the fans today by simply not putting in the effort.

7 of the team that started today should be ashamed and embarrassed, not because they lost, but because they appeared to not want it enough.

Leadbeater, Downes, Craig and Saah can just about take credit for putting in a shift, the rest can walk if that is their attitude.

We should be seriously worried about the lack of leadership from captain Mansell again today. Not quite sure what he did, if anything at all, to rally the troops in the second half, but a spell on the bench would do him no harm at all.

Well done to Harrogate, the difference between the effort from today's benches was clear for all to see. I hope you get a cracking draw against Bradford City or Sheffield United in the next round.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Right about score ...sadly wrong way round...congrats to harrowgate for wanting this more than us....gutted to be a victim of an upset...and mat...I disagree we are a small club...this harrowgate may now get a big club now...
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Only listened to that dross today. Like many others I can accept losing to a non-league team and good luck to Harrogate in the next round. What I cannot take is a lack of effort by tha majority of our team mentioned by some who were there. If any player cannot be bothered, then please do the decent thing and leave our club! I would rather play youngsters and lose every week as long as there is 100% commitment. Not being interested is simply unforgivable.
Perhaps the club should really refund those that went today. I have no intention of parting with my hard earned cash in the future if the club cannot guarantee 100% effort on the part of those who represent TUFC on the pitch. Starting to get angry about the whole fiasco today....off for a drink!!!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

In the last few years we have done very well in the FA Cup. We were due a defeat. However Harrowgate Town is a real shocker. Sounds like we had at least 7 good chances and missed the lot!

We have got to work on our finishing big time. In pro football results like this happen. Hugely dissappointing. Lets hope the players respond on tuesday with a cracking win at Barnet.