Barnet v Torquay United - 6/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

costablancagull wrote:The men in white coats are knocking at the door.You have have to be afew few sausages short of a barbi to support the gulls though dont you?

:lol:

Sure do mate. Make them a coffee before they cart you off though won't you? ;-)

(If Bodin bags a hat trick now i'm gonna look like a right tosser as if i don't already! ) :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

There's a lot of pressure on Billy tonight as everyone knows he hasn't been at his best. Not gonna predict him to score, in fact I can't really call this one.
It's one of those, it's away, so away games you'd USUALLY settle for a point, but it's Barnet where our record has been good. Saying that, under Davids who knows. They've strung a few wins together in recent weeks and it's a really difficult one to predict. Under no circumstances would I go to Barnet thinking a draw would be a good result, but if they score first then maybe.

Should go at them tonight, our attacking threat at times is flawless. Thompson to start for me! Really rate the lad.

---------------Poke
Oastler/Leadbitter ----- Saah ----- Downes ----- Nicho
----------------Lathrope ------- Mansell
Stevens -------Craig --------Thompson
--------------The Tank

Something like that?
Rene could be instrumental for us tonight if he gets good service

254 Gulls there, and I'm gonna stick my neck out with a 3-1 win (Howe x2, Craig)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Thompson to start for me also walshy.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Can we bear in mind that Barnet haven't conceded in their last 3 league games. I can't see us going there and hitting more than 2, personally.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

God i can't win with you lot, i get told i'm a pessimistic tw*t then i come on and be really positive saying we're gonna win 2-1 and control the game and then Nick comes out with THAT!!! I'll get me coat................. :@ :whistle:

Only kidding Nick! :lol: :lol: I don't personally believe we will hit 2 and win either but i'm going to stick my neck out in the hope that our players aren't all weak.
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

4-4-2 Bodin alongside Rene with Thompson supplying the crosses
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

austrianandygull wrote:Thompson to start for me also walshy.
His pace and deliveries can match anyone's. Could even go for the 4-4-2 with two genuine wingers instead of 1/3 strikers.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'd prefer that and i reckon Billy would do well in that formation but don't think Lingy will go for it. He should do otherwise play Thompson from the off and bench Billy.
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

austrian andy who would you play up front next to Rene? Dont say Jarvis otherwise the white coats will be heading for Derbyshire pronto
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

austrianandygull wrote:God i can't win with you lot, i get told i'm a pessimistic tw*t then i come on and be really positive saying we're gonna win 2-1 and control the game and then Nick comes out with THAT!!! I'll get me coat................. :@ :whistle:

Only kidding Nick! :lol: :lol: I don't personally believe we will hit 2 and win either but i'm going to stick my neck out in the hope that our players aren't all weak.
Haha! I don't like it when we expect to win. See Saturday/Wycombe away!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

costablancagull wrote:austrian andy who would you play up front next to Rene? Dont say Jarvis otherwise the white coats will be heading for Derbyshire pronto
I'd put Billy up there if he was to start. I'd rather have him there and give it a go than in the midfield sit he usually has and struggles.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

I'd have Sea Biscuit up there with him!!
TUST No 278
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

chardie wrote:I'd have Sea Biscuit up there with him!!

:lol:

Just hope he doesn't get through on goal then just 'hoof' it! That'd be 'neigh' good at all to us. :na:
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

costablancagull wrote:The men in white coats are knocking at the door.You have have to be afew few sausages short of a barbi to support the gulls though dont you?
Or a few chips short of a portion... (damn gulls!)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Have I come on the wrong day or something? I can see about 20 people max in the entire ground!