Barnet v Torquay United - 6/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

tktufc91 wrote:All teams have a bad patch of form. Maybe this is ours?
hopefully whilst we still at the right end of the table.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i got the injury time right at least, its 3 mins

bookie wins once again, now players lost barnets comm too
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:yellow for rene, thats him out for oxford then, sounds like he clouted someone

No need for me to arrange a babysitter now for Oxford :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

A bad patch? We haven't exactly been at our best all season. I was hoping we'd start to see some sort of consistency by now but we haven't. Very frustrating.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Just think what a win in the first round of the cup would have done. Could have quite easily brought a striker in on loan for a month or two to help out with the goal load.

I fear we may be in for a tough game on saturday.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
bring back rendell......or benyon.......or the fat lad at burton............. 8/ =D
Jake Robinson again? Just someone, please Ling.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

all in tomorrow for finishing practice

jarvis booked too now

last 30 seconds, what a disappointment once again, our away form is relegation standard
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
lucky for us that oxford are sh*t at the moment then...........

Haha, as opposed to Barnet, who are really flying high. We can't buy a bloody goal, let alone a win.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I've said it before, I'm fairly sure Ling would LOVE to bring somebody in, but there isnt room in the budget for it! It seems to add up - how he was banging on about prize money before Saturday and after saying about a lack of ability in the squad.. I'm pretty sure if he had the ability too, someone would be in.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

It's annoying to lose a game where the home team only have two shots. Absolute smash and grab.

Not sure what changed but we didn't threaten half as much second half.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

NickGull wrote:I've said it before, I'm fairly sure Ling would LOVE to bring somebody in, but there isnt room in the budget for it! It seems to add up - how he was banging on about prize money before Saturday and after saying about a lack of ability in the squad.. I'm pretty sure if he had the ability too, someone would be in.

There is someone who has been at the club for a while now called Ashley Yeoman, don't know if Lingy has ever heard of him but he is a striker and he is hungry for a chance. Obviously it is ridiculous to suggest he might be able to come in and do a job? Nobody else is capable so why not? I'm sure if he has an absolute shocker then nobody will moan at hime because he is in at the deep end but maybe we need to do this. Lingy needs to make drastic decisions to pull some rather fluffy rabbits out of some very. very deep hats. Keep going with the tried but it can't be trusted.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

At least Rene will get his suspension out of the way and we won't have to worry about him getting suspended again for a while.

Some serious work needs to be put into our finishing. How many games have we out shot the opposition but got nout all from it?

Just hope some fans won't start getting on the players or Lingy's back over a few bad results. We are still 7th (just granted but still in the play-off mix) and if C***man had given us from what I hear a clear penalty then the result may have been different.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Wonderland
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nathan Craig

Post by Wonderland »

What do you expect when "Dead Brain" Mr Deadman officiates. He messes us up 95% of the games that he officiates for us. Just as well I did not go tonight - my well known hate of corrupt referees would find me having porridge for breakfast.

Then again, we still cannot score in a House of Disrepute I am totally feeling fed up with the wonderful game of football and the lack of ability of professionals to ear their sheckel of corn.

Den
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I said before that so long as the players showed desire and put in a positive, attacking performance then it is a start, a nice change from some of the absolute sh*t i've seen from Torquay this season and i wouldn't have any complaints. Obviously we should have scored tonight by the sounds of it and we got kicked in the teeth but i'm not going to sit here and have a go at Lingy and the lads. I'm pleased with the way they went about the game and on another day we could have won. I think Martin needs to be braver with subs but our bench is pretty naff anyway so i can't be too harsh. I'd like to see Yeoman have a start because what else have we got seriously? It can't hurt. Maybe we ARE in false position in the league and maybe we simply AREN'T that good a side, i don't know. I don't have the answers but a pat on the back for all concerned tonight despite the loss.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What an absolute joke - great reaction after Saturday, we now get beat by the bottom of the league. And if anyone thinks we are going to beat Oxford they are nuts. Howe is out and we will most likely have that clown Rice in goal. We are a shambles.