wimbledon v the franchise

General chat about anything else goes here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

wimbledon v the franchise

Post by bixieupnorth »

the magic of the fa cup!!

after wimbledons 4-3 aet victory last night and the other sad excuse for a footballs teams 6-1 lead this evening it looks at tho its finally going to happen!!

i imagine all real football fans will be getting right behind the real dons, guaranteed tv coverage too i'd have thought
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I just posted about this in the World Football thread but yeh I really really hope that AFC hammer them! As it's at MK, do we think it'll be a 20k+ attendance?!
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

I grew up near Wimbledon so they were my local team, only became interested in football in the last few years though so the whole franchise controversy passed me by (I'd moved away by then anyway). That said, I've still got a bit of a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon and will be hoping they win.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

I live in Wimbledon and go to the occasional game and their supporters club is urging fans not to go to the game and boycott it instead. They would ideally like an empty away end.

If you're a neutral and want to go there will be plenty of tickets but do you really want to put your money into the pockets of the Franchise? Stay home and watch it on the TV.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I think it'd take some doing to get 0 away fans though - you'll get some people who don't even support AFCW who want to go in their end ending up there.

In a way I hope it goes to replay as they wouldn't boycott that, I'm sure.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

I agree and some AFC fans have already said they would go to support the team.

A reply wouldn't be an issue as the problem is as an away fan most of your entry fee goes to the home club and the hardcore don't want to put any money into Franchise FC.