Richard Logan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Broadley gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Richard Logan

Post by Broadley gull »

Just read Richard Logan has left Wycombe, perhaps we should offer a short term contract ? could be solution re - forward cover for us ?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I posted about this before he signed for wycombe,people didn't seem too for the idea

I still think he could do a job
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Yellow4life wrote:I posted about this before he signed for wycombe,people didn't seem too for the idea

I still think he could do a job
I wouldn't say people were definitevely against the prospect. But people have questioned his attitude in the past and maybe this is an issue at Wycombe. Clubs don't normally just release a striker if he hasn't scored in 10 games.

I'd also assume he already has something else lined up, or he wouldn't have agreed to the termination.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Wouldn't mind him, strong, quick, powerful, can finish, ideal replacement for rene!
The gulls are going up
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hasn't hit the net in 10 games this season, that's a record significantly worse than that of Jarvo.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No, no and no, he is very quick and powerful on his way to the bar, and his best finish is the end of a pint.
Formerly known as forevertufc
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Career stats:

Logie 84 goals from 379 apps
Jarvo 27 goals from 207 apps

Logan also puts himself about and contributes to the team effort, whereas Jarvo picks his @rse
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Logan was also released by Exeter and now released by Wycombe 3 months into a 6 month contract, if alarm bells aren't ringing they flurking well should be. If like me you have friends who are City fans ask them about Logan and where his favourite resting place is, if not read page 8-9-10 of the thread on Exweb.

Steer well clear is enough said. they both have pretty crap strike rates and our club would be far, far better looking for someone young and hungry to develop and having a look through the Irish and Welsh leagues I.E Eunan O'Kane , Nathan Graig those players are out there.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

He cannot be any worse than Jarvis.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed Nick, however the point is the club released Atieno for Jarvis what was the point, we could now release Jarvis for Logan again what on earth would the point of that actually be. The past is the "key" Word here, don't look at what Logan did 2-3-4 years ago look at what he is today a player no one wants, if he was up to it Wycombe would be doing what they needed to do to keep him.

Build for the future not from the past, there are plenty of young and very hungry talented players around the upper end of the non-league's and as stated throught he Welsh and Irish premier league's that where we should be looking and the type of player that would be in budget, signing Logan would just be utter desperation.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Agreed forever. If he's been released from a struggling Wycombe team then theres a reason for that. Because he isnt upto it anymore.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

why would Burton release Branston to come to us, because he isn't up to it anymore........

Maybe Logan failed to settle there he was at Exeter a long time and to upsticks and move might have been an issue?

New manager in there might not like him as a player?

Or he isn't up to it anymore like you say?

Who knows. If it's 1 or 2 then Logan would be a reasonable and realistic addition to us. It's probably a sad state of affairs but true, Logan in our squad makes us a better squad.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

gullno4 wrote:ideal replacement for rene!
I do worry how relevant this may become in January. Rene's an attractive proposition: just turned 26, playing the best football of his career, with 10 goals in 16 league games this season. Even better, he plays for a club willing to sell players for a fraction that others would. Added bonus: his contract's up at the end of the season.

We need to play on Rene's happy personal life down here (engaged, with a baby due in the next few weeks), and get him signed to a new deal ASAP. Ling suggested a few weeks ago it was too early to discuss contracts. Well, it wasn't last season when talks with Eunan and Ellis began in September.

On Logan, why not invite him to train with us? Ling can assess him - I think we can all see he's a more suitable understudy for Howe in the 4-5-1 system – and see whether there's value there. Getting the best out of players with bad attitudes or low motivation is one of Ling's great strengths, after all.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well that kind of confims what I have been saying, as Richard Logan is set to sign for Bury...Bury Town that is, glad about this our club has spunked what little cash it has had before on has beens.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Links Dave, links.

Also, see my new thread about Strikers and other things, it will show that Bury Town, mathematically at least, have a decent enough player on their hands.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"